Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A discussion about Yoshi

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past decade you've heard of Mario's Dino pal Yoshi. The egg throwing, turtle munching wonder introduced in Super Mario World. Most of the users here will filling their diapers in 91 but I was old enough to actually remember the old NES days. In Mario's first jaunt on the SNES he made a friend in Yoshi who appeared out of an egg and asked Mario to help rescue his friends. That brings us to the discussion part of my article, the thing on Yoshi's back is it a saddle as it once appeared to be or is it a shell as it's depicted now? see what I mean in the pics below.

yoshi1.jpg

This image from the Super Mario World manual. The red and white thing on his back, that looks like a saddle to me, it's straight along his back

yoshi_070724a.jpg

This is from Brawl, Now look at it, it's no longer straight along his back as it was ten years ago, it's a freaking shell!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot! I guess the PC police got their hands on Mario's little buddy.

Any thoughts?

Posted

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past decade you've heard of Mario's Dino pal Yoshi. The egg throwing, turtle munching wonder introduced in Super Mario World. Most of the users here will filling their diapers in 91 but I was old enough to actually remember the old NES days. In Mario's first jaunt on the SNES he made a friend in Yoshi who appeared out of an egg and asked Mario to help rescue his friends. That brings us to the discussion part of my article, the thing on Yoshi's back is it a saddle as it once appeared to be or is it a shell as it's depicted now? see what I mean in the pics below.

yoshi1.jpg

This image from the Super Mario World manual. The red and white thing on his back, that looks like a saddle to me, it's straight along his back

yoshi_070724a.jpg

This is from Brawl, Now look at it, it's no longer straight along his back as it was ten years ago, it's a freaking shell!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot! I guess the PC police got their hands on Mario's little buddy.

Any thoughts?

Back then Yoshi was like a pet horse to Mario so he sat on the sattle type thing. As Mario grew up he didn't need to ride Yoshi anymore so Yoshi's sattle grew to be a hump on his back.

That's what I think anyway. I know that's not right though. :embarrassed:

Posted

It was probably done because it was easier for the developers. Remember, Mario only has a moustache because Shigeru Miyamoto couldn't draw mouths. It's the same with Mario's hair; Shigsy can't do hair (which probably explains Links hat).

Posted

I've played more games of Yoshi with a saddle than with a shell - So i'll go with saddle.

Posted

maybe its a tumor? :unsure:

Posted

i believe that yoshi is related to the koopas.

they both have shells, that look a lot alike. :unsure:

Posted

Whoa. I always thought it was a saddle. I'm guessing it turned into a shell when Yoshi first went 3D.

They were shells in Yoshi's Story, atleast. (Look at Red Yoshi)

post-561-1203723478_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Check it how. Yoshi's look is precious! To much brain damage from being hit on the head over and over.

2008-02-21.png

Edited by diamondtriforce82 (see edit history)

Posted

Hahaha that was brilliant :D

Posted

Back then Yoshi was like a pet horse to Mario so he sat on the sattle type thing. As Mario grew up he didn't need to ride Yoshi anymore so Yoshi's sattle grew to be a hump on his back.

That's what I think anyway. I know that's not right though. :embarrassed:

That is a REALLY good conclusion :thumbup:

I probably couldn't of think something like that......

Posted

Lol. Funny comic.

Posted

ummmmm, :unsure:

I REALLY have no clue whatsoever..... :huh:

maybe.....ummmmm....uhhhhh......maybe.....he uh.....hmmmmmmm. :unsure:

No clue..