Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Survival of the fittest

118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This RPG takes place in an alternate time line.

The US spy satellite NROL-21 was shot down on February 21st, 1998. A few days later it

Edited by diamondtriforce82 (see edit history)

Posted

Name:Kaomi Emas

Affiliation: ATAC

Special Skills: Ninja

Life expectancy:9.5

My name is Sari Emas, you can call me Sai. I was 6 when it happened the day the world ended. It started out as a normal day then the sickness came. One minute people were normal then the next moment they were snarling mindless freaks we call them "The Savage". I came from Japan hoping the US hadn't been touched, I was wrong. The first couple of years were hard, hiding in abandoned buildings at night foraging for food during the day, "The Savage" hate bright light so they stick to the shadows until dusk. Then in 2002 word spread of a city built in the ruins of old Chicago, they called it Omega 1, the last bastion of humanity those like me who by some cruel twist of fate were immune to the savage. Word came down from the Politicos that another run into the black was needed, as supplies were running low well I'd better get going.

Sari was the only one not using mechanical weapons. "It's what got us into this mess I don't think it's get us out." she'd always say. she spent awhile making what she used true ninja tools. "Hurry up! I can't keep them off forever." she yelled to the Scroungers. She kept watching, never let down her guard just like she would back home.

Posted (edited)

Flynn walked past the down town zone after helping the guys load the food in the city center. He noticed a young woman cleaning a sword that was drenched with blood. "That's a good way to get infected!" he said. "Not worried to much, were immune remember." He sat down next to her. "To the original Savage yes, but who knows how many mutations of the original are out there now!" He pulled his gun from his holster and popped out the mag. "With this I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are down for good!" The girl Sai was some import from Japan, she narrowly escaped the Tokyo purge of 01, and settled in America. A kid all alone in an unfamiliar country mindless freaks everywhere, you grow up fast. Sai started swinging her sword slicing at imaginary savages. "But with a sword, you get up close and personal with your adversary. You can watch as the life drains from there eyes!" Flynn stood up. "That was dark, and besides even though we are immune you can still get overwhelmed rather quickly by them and end up as somebody's lunch. With a gun I know I'm safe!" She grabbed his gun. "But in the heat of battle guns jam, they misfire, my katana doesn't have that problem. What do you do then?" she asked him. "He pulled a small black object from his belt and flicked it. The object grew twelve inches. "A collapsible baton, that's hardly effective against a Savage that doesn't feel pain!" He pushed a red button on the handle causing the tip to glow blue. "It's modified!" he slammed it against a wooden crate, the crate then shuddered and splintered into mulch. "It emits and ultra-sonic signal that fries the nervous system of anything it comes in contact with, think of it as a stun gun on crank. And if that doesn't work, I've got this!" He pulled an old worn survival knife from his belt. "Before I was found I used this to protect myself, it belonged to my dad he was a Marine in Vietnam." he held out the blade which had a dozen notched carved into the handle. "Those notches, one for every Savage I killed with this knife. So don't say I have no idea what it's like to see the life drain out of their eyes, I know!" He kicked at the dirt in anger. "In the heat of the moment we forget, these Savage were people once, they were our friends and neighbors!" he rubbed a long healed scar on his face. "Our family!" Sai sat down. "What happened, the scar on your face?" Flynn sat down. "It was a day or so after the satellite was shot down, when the Savage was just taking hold of people. I woke up one morning just some snot nosed 15 year old punk. My dad was up already i could hear him in the bathroom shaving, getting ready for work. I had to use the bathroom and he was taking forever so finally I opened the door. My dad was at the mirror he had carved his face clear to his jaw bone. He saw me and instantly attacked slashing his straight razor at me you know the old style shave razor that folds into it's handle, it took a good sized strip of flesh out of my face in the kitchen I slammed his head with a large cast iron skillet we had I heard his neck snap, I can still see him twitching on the floor every time i close my eyes. I ran to his Marine footlocker and grabbed his survival knife and went to get my mom. She was just starting to turn so i slit her throat with the knife. My sister I thought that she would still be normal but she had hung herself for some reason, maybe the savage was driving her nuts. I pushed the oven out of the way and pulled the gas main from the wall. I quickly packed some food and supplies and left my home for good, I tossed a road flare into the kitchen window and a moment later the house was gone, a sad testament to a forgotten life!" Flynn sheathed his knife and walked away. Sai turned her head and wiped a single tear from her eye.

straight_razor_0098.main.jpg

Posted

Name:Ryu

Affiliation: civi

Special Skills: Swordsman

Life expectancy:10

I only write in 3rd person....

Ryu was siting on his bed screaming, waiting for his mother to bring him a small breakfast and send him back to sleep, but she never came. Eventually his 3 year old mind told him to go find her. When he got to the kitchen he was horrified and yet, slightly amused at the savages beating his mom. She got ahold of a knife and killed a few, but they just kept coming. Eventually she turned and snatched Ryu up and ran into his room. She barricaded the door and started slicing away the rug. After a few minutes of slicing she found a trap door. She grabbed Ryu and jumped bellow the house. She could see the savages coming into the door from the back. Their only escape was if she could make it to the car. She finally managed to crawl to the car, but the savages heard them. She grabbed Ryu and hopped in, she fired it up and drove like crazy. After a few hours of mowing down the jay walkers that filled the street they started to get low on gas. And his mother was dying fast, she was immune to them, but she was bleeding to death from a large gash in her thigh. When they made it to the gas station she was amazed at how many savages there were. She turned around and tried to make it to the mall. When they got there the gas struck empty. She hopped out and ran for it. Ryu cradled in her arms. The savages saw them and started running. She knew she couldn't make it with Ryu, but she was going to die anyway, if Ryu was immune, he might have a chance. A man in a gas mask came running to greet her, he grabbed Ryu and her hand and started running back to the mall. As they got inside the doors closed and the barricade was quickly being put back up. As his mother lay there dying, she utterd one final word. "Immune..." and then she died.

Ryu grew up the hard way, only two people in the mall were immune, Ryu, and a guy he quickly made friends with named Jack. One by one the people in the mall started to tur, Jack was always there to put an end to the suffering and keep Ryu safe. By the time Ryu was 12 Only three men remained, Jack, Ryu, and the man with a gas mask who saved Ryu and his mother 9 years ago. Eventually, the savage found a way to get inside, but that one small room was all they needed, the food section. When the gas mask man went to get food, the savage hid themselves. He took out his knife and started eating, the savage snuck up behind him, and started swaming him, before he could kill the last one, savages starte pouring through the hole the others used to get inside. He was overrun and eaten. The disease didn't get a chance to take effect.

The day Ryu turned 13 Jack died, the lack of nutricious food and water killed him, Soda and chips just wasn't enough. Since then Ryu's become an excellent swordsman, using the sporting swords from the mall. they were weak, but they worked. Ryu decided he was leaving this hell building and started gathering supplies. Two swords, two auto BB guns, a knife, a baseball bat, and all the food he could find was stuffed in his backpack. He took gas cans and went to his old car, he threw one in the passenger seat and he filled the gas tank with the other. he never got a chance to actually drive, but Jack had taught him the basics in make believe. he put it into reverse and got turned around, then he put it in 4th gear and shot forward. If he could make it to Omega 1 in chicago then he would have no problems.

Ryu finished putting gas into the car and started driving again, according to the map he would be approaching Chicago soon. He sighed, he had been riving nonstop for hours, it seemed more like days to him though. When he finally arrived at the Gates to Omega 1 his car went dead, stupid battery. He got out and walked the rest of the way, The Gaurds saw him and went to insppect him, heavily fit for long travels and also heavily armed. The machines the gaurds used told them he was immune. They ran inside and let him in. The first thing he did was get some real weapons, a 9mm and a katana. "You're the only other one to use a katana around here, every one else has guns." the shop keeper said. Ryu ignored him, he didn't care if him and one other used a katana, all he was focused on was practicing.

Posted

Flynn's shift was over for the meantime so he went to the traiding post to chat with Carl the owner. As he opened the door a kid walked past him carring a 9mm and a Katana. He turned his head in suprise and back to Carl. "that kid is what 13?" Carl nodded "If even that!" Flynn shook his head in amazement. "They sure do grow up quick, don't they?" Carl nodded his head. "Kids name is Ryu, he just drove in from Springfield!" Flynn's eyes widened. "HE drove from Springfield?" Carl walked behind the counter. "What you got for me today?" he asked. "I found some great stuff today!" Flynn announced. "We got some cigars, a few bottles of aged scotch and some deer steaks!" "Where did you get deer steaks?" Carl asked. "I killed a deer!" "I'll take em all!" Carl said. "What do you want for em?" Flynn looked around "I'll take some bullets, some Modzerella cheese and some bread, that's fresh right?" Carl nodded "You bet it is, Maria just made it." Flynn smiled. "Oh yeah how is your wife?" "She's fine, six months pregnant and still on her feet." Carl packed his stuff into a bag and Flynn was on his way. He walked down his block and passed the kid Ryu, who was sitting on a stoop. "Hey kid, you're new here so you might want to go to the regional office and get a housing assignment." Ryu looked up at him. "Mind your own business, jerk!" Flynn looked down at him. "Relax kid, i'm just trying to help." Ryu looked down at his feet. "Sorry, i've been alone for a while and this place is so big, where is this place?" Flynn pointed down the street. "You see that big building with the trees in front and the sign that says "Conklin Building" it's on the 7th floor suite 215." Ryu walked away. "Don't worry kid, you'll be fine." Flynn continued on his way.

Posted

Hey diamond, where'd you get the this story, I want to find out a little more about it, like why we're immune.

Sai saw the kid with the katana and jumped him. "Where did you get that kid? Wait it can't be mine all of my hve my seal for a hand guard, sorry." She continued on. She had dug a mine in her backyard and used it to get metal to make weapons for herself and trading.

Posted (edited)

It's a combination of different Zombie movie and game story lines.

LandOfTheDead.jpgdawn-of-the-dead-2004-movie-poster1.jpg28DaysLaterMoviePoster.jpgRe2box.jpg

The reason for the immunity was just plane science, if their ever was a plague it is scientifically feasible that 99.5% of the population will die from it while .5% of the total population of the earth will be immune, If the earth's population is 6,602,224,175 as it was in July of 2007, if 99.5% were to die that would still leave 33,011,121 or so left alive, subtract a few hundred due to starvation and rioting and you've got 33,010,770. 268,129,177 less than the total population of the united states.

But who knows were the story will take us, if we get more than three people adding characters and story lines we can make this a huge story with many plot twists.

Posted

but you got the shot down satelitte thing from something that really happend. A spy satelitte was sent up in 2006, but almost as soon as they sent it up they started having problems and they lost all control. they found out that it would crash into earth, and they figured out that the tank was frozen so the fuel would survive the re-entering into the atmpsphere and wherever it hit would become a barren wastland in about a 300-450 mile radius, so they shot it with a missile a few days ago. so far no pieces the size bigger than a football has been found, so for now the hit was a success. it would be really scary if it crashed and this started happening :fear:

Ryu stood up, just got it from Carl. I used to have some stupid sporting ones, but they were practically useless. He turned and started for the building Flynn told him about. he took the stairs to the seventh floor because he needed to get in shape, living off of junk food really messes with your weight. When he got to the 215 suite he knocked, a man said 'come in' and Ryu stepped inside. "hello sir, im new here. The man named Flynn told me to come here." said Ryu. "ah yes! please, sit down." He gestured toward the chair infront of his desk. Ryu sat down and adjusted the seat hight so he would be level with the man. "well, i have a form for you to fill out, so that we can find something for you to do, that is, if you ae willing to help out. if you do not wish that you can become a civilian." said the man, handing Ryu the form and a pen. "well, from the looks of it. I don't think i'de fall into any of those catagories. Exept maybe ATAC or General, but that depends on what kind of General." said Ryu, setting the forms down and looking at them. "well, the generals lead the ATAC's and the scroungers out to get food and other useful stuff around here, ATAC's make sure no Savages get anybody, or inside Omega 1." said the Man,"oh! my name's Robin by the way!" said Robin extending his hand, Ryu shook it and went back to the papers. He handed the paper over and waited for the results. "..it says here you are extremely gifted with the ability to use a sword, and your aim with a gun is unmatched sofar......And here it says you grew up in a mall with a good friend that died a few days ago, and he taught you tons of stuff that is crucial to surviving with the 'red eye'. if this is true then you fall into the catagorie, 'ATAC', this is good, a good 200 hundred of our best died in a massive war between the savages, while they were defending a large group of scroungers when they were surrounded and ambushed. There were way too many to hold off, so far only one surviver was found, it was that Flynn you were talking about that pointed you in the right direction. head on over to the armoury to find yourself suitable protecton, and then report to general Mendez. He'll tell you about the ATAC biusness." Ryu got up and nodded, "thank you Robin, you've been very kind." said Ryu, then he left. When he exited the building Sai waas standing there,"what'd you get assigned to?" asked Sai. "ATAC, what categorie did you fall into?" "ATAC, i guess we'll be seeing eachother on missions then huh?" asked Sai, "i guess so, where's the armoury?" asked Ryu. Sai pinted down the street."you take the first left, and it's on the end of the block." "Thanks." said Ryu, and started walking. When he stepped inside the armoury he was supprised at how much protective gear was in here, everything from spandex to double steal plated full body suits of armor. Ryu selected a leather protective vest, shin gaurds, and fingerless gloves. Ryu set the stuff on the counter and smacked $500 down next to it. The man took the money and let Ryu take the armor, Money didn't have much value anymore, but it could still be used. Ryu put on his protective gear and went in search of General Mendez.

Posted (edited)

Ryu left the armory and looked around. "So they stuck you with ATAC did they?" Ryu turned around and saw Flynn. "yeah, they did." Flynn got closer and sat on a step. "ATAC is hard business kid, it's almost like the Marines around here, are you sure you want to find this place?" Ryu stood up nice and strait. "Yes sir!" Flynn smiled. "Don't sir me kid, I'm just a scrounger." Flynn started walking. "The barracks are this way, come on I'll show you." As they walked to the Barracks Ryu looked uneasy. "Don't worry kid, it's not like they send you out on a mission the moment we get there you get training and maybe in six or even twelve months from now you get to go on scouting missions outside in the Black." They reached the barracks a minute or so later. "Hey Flynn, what's the good word?" someone asked. "Flynn walked over to a fence and to an older gentlemen caked with motor oil. "Hey Murphy, how's it hanging?" Murphy looked at the kid. "Who's the newbie?" he asked. "Kids names Ryu, a new recruit in the ATAC program, you see Mendez anywhere?" Murphy pointed to the central building. "he's probably in there." They walked away and Flynn gave a waving gesture. "Take care of my Juggernaut, will it it felt a bit sluggish!" As they got further and further Murphy shouted. "I'll give you sluggish!"

They entered the barracks and passed by a series of doors, some were closed and others were open. Ryu looked in and saw weapons training sessions, hand to hand combat sessions and science lessons. "What's with the science class Flynn?" Flynn looked in. "Oh that's for ATAC's theoretical tech weapons division, about two years ago we rescued a group of people in South Dakota. Among them was a Nobel prize winning physicist, a mathematician and a quantum physics major." They reached Mendez's office and Flynn knocked. "Come in." a gruff voice announced. "Hey Mendez, how you been?" he asked. "Flynn, to what do I owe the pleasure, you reconsider the offer to join ATAC?" Flynn shook his head. "No But a friend of mine just signed up, this is Ryu." Ryu walked in and stood in front of Mendez's desk. "You got some papers for me kid?" he asked. Ryu handed him the forms he signed. "How old are you Ryu?" he asked. "Th...Th..thirteen." Mendez looked at him "Thirteen...what?' "Thirteen...sir?" "You're damn right SIR, I work for a living!" Mendez sat behind his desk and flipped through the forms. 'It says that you've been living in a mall for ten years since the coming of the Savage, is that true?" Ryu nodded "Yes sir!" he continued to read the forms. "And that a man took you under his wing and taught you rudimentary skills to survive?" "Ryu continued to nod. "Yes Sir!" Mendez took the forms and shredded them in his shredder. "Well recruit forget everything you've learned, this is ATAC not the Boy Scouts. "Lieutenant Disher, get in here!" he shouted. the door to the adjoining office opened and Disher came in. "Yes General?" he asked. "Take Ryu here and get him started. we will make an ATAC out of him in no time." As they left Ryu looked at Flynn. "Take care of yourself kid." he said smiling. "And what about you Flynn, you gonna mull over joining ATAC?" Flynn sat down in the adjoining chair. "No offense Alex, but ATAC just isn't my thing." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a couple of cigars and handed them to Alex. "I saved these for you." Alex took them and smelled deep the tobacco. "Cubano Robusto, that takes me back!" Alex drifted back in time to Miami and his home. His parents fled communist Cuba when Alex was just a baby, and settled there. Like Flynn he was left alone when the savage came, he hooked up with a national Guard unit of of Savanna Georgia and lived with them until work filtered down about Omega 1.

Ryu looked back and saw Flynn sitting down at the desk chatting and laughing while he sipped a cup of tea. "What's with that guy Flynn?" he asked Disher. "Flynn's a great guy, he was on the fast track to General then the Sector 15 incident happened!" Ryu looked up at him. "Sector 15, what's that?" he asked. "Sector 15 was once known as Flint Michigan." Ryu was confused. "Sorry that's right, you're new, we got some Intel that a large group of people was held up in Flint, so we sent a large group of ATAC's and Scroungers out on a supply/rescue mission. But when they got there they discovered that the survivors had been slaughtered by a huge group of Savage." "were you there?" he asked. "No but Mendez and Flynn were." "But Carl told me that only Flynn survived." randy looked down at Ryu. "That Carl doesn't know his pooper from a hole in the ground, almost 200 went out and only 30 came back. They say Flynn was like a superhuman fighting machine he took out 20 or so Savage by himself. when they got back his arms were covered in blood to his elbows. Since that day he hasn't been the same guy." Randy stopped in front of a door. "here's the first stop kid, Med Center." Ryu looked puzzled. "Med Center what for?" he asked. "Vaccinations and blood tests, I hope your not afraid of Needles, cause your gonna see a lot of them." He walked in and was greeted by a very attractive red headed doctor. "This is Dr. Karen Vick, the most breathtaking doctor in this whole place and might I add a very good kisser!" She smacked his shoulder. "Randy!" Ryu looked puzzled. "You're married?" he asked. "Not yet!" Karen glanced at Randy. "hey don't look at me." Karen walked over to an observation table. "Can you hop up on this?" she asked. "And roll up your shirt sleeve?" Ryu rolled up his sleeve. Karen tied a rubber tie across his bicep. in the anterior forearm the median cubital vein popped through the skin. "I'm gonna take a couple of units of blood OK?" she told him. She grabbed an alcohol pad and swabbed the skin then the butterfly needle and placed it in the vein. "This is gonna pinch a little." the blood flowed from the butterfly to the small plastic Vacutainer with a purple top and when that was full she pulled it and grabbed another this one was glass with a red top. She pulled the butterfly needle from his arm and placed a cotton ball and some tape on it to keep it secure. "Wait an hour then you can take that off." She gave randy the glass Vacutainer. "Take him to waiting, I'll screen his blood and you deliver that one to Dr. Michael's." she gave him a peck on the cheek and sent him and Ryu on their way. "Who's Dr. Michael's?" he asked. "Michael's is a blood specialist dealing with infectious diseases and what not, he's trying to figure out why some are immune to the savage while others turn almost immediately. Randy led Ryu to the waiting are while Karen fed his sample into the analyzer. 'Wait here kid while they go over your blood results." Randy walked away leaving the kid sitting in the waiting area all alone. he passed by Karen's office and she called to him. "randy, come here for a minute!" she was holding a test results sheet. "What up honey?" he asked. "That kid Ryu, i have his results here!" randy looked apathetic. "Yeah and how is he?" he asked. "he's fine and healthy like any other 13 year old boy, but that is only half of it, i ran his blood against others in Omega 1 and we got a hit, a blood relative!" randy grabbed the paper. "Are you kidding, we've never had a blood relative match...ever!" He looked at the paper. Who is it?" he asked. "He scanned down the page and looked up, "you've got to be kidding me!" He ran down the hall and back to Mendez's office. He was still at his desk, chatting with Flynn about the old days. "Sir that new kid Ryu, we've got a hit a blood relative match!" Mendez dropped his cigar in his lap. "A what, give me that!" He grabbed at the paper. "Where is it?" he asked. randy pointed down and Mendez looked at him, then at Flynn. "What?" he asked, Flynn grabbed the paper and read the very technical readout.

"run Omega 1 crossrefernce.......

running Omega 1 data file..........

Running....................................

running.....................................

running.....................................

One match found.......................

Derek Flynn affiliation Scroungers

Blood match 50% on the X chromosome."

Flynn looked up in shock. "Amber, it can't be?" he said shocked. Mendez looked at him. "Whose Amber?" he asked. "Amber Flynn, my sister. she moved out about three years before the Savage hit and disappeared. My dad and her had a falling out but I never knew why, she must have got pregnant! Ryu is my Nephew!" Randy looked at him, "But Ryu, the name sounds Asian?" Flynn looked at him. "It's Korean actually! My sister loved the game Street Fighter 2, she actually named her kid after Ryu the fighter from Japan!" randy looked at him. "Oh you mean the guy in the white with the red bandanna across his head, that guy was bad-ass!" Randy jumped into the air and spun "Shoryuken!" Flynn stood up, "I felt a connection to him, but couldn't explain it!" Mendez looked up at him. "What do we do now?" he asaked. "Don't tell him, at least not yet. We gotta keep this under our hats for the moment." Flynn walked out the door and returned home. he grabbed a paper package from his fridge and opened it revealing a deer steak. He grabbed some seasonings and placed it in his oven for a late dinner.

Posted

:wacko: I might have to go back into the hospital for a while, i'll know on thursday so if i don't post after friday i ask that we postpone the game for a while. This and the Hero rpg.

Posted

HOW THE HECK DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH STUFF!?! :ohmygod:

crazy crazy....... :wacko:

hmmmm. In kind've in a stuckish kinda spot....but i'll wriggle out of it somehow..... :unsure: hmmmm. what to type.......oh and btw Mendez is from a halo book xD Halo:The fall of Reach, Chief Mendez. And what's a Petty officer? :huh:

Randy came and got Ryu,"Time for you to show what you got in hand-to-hand, follow me." Randy led Ryu through the building untill they reached the arena. Randy climbed in and told Ryu to climb in also. "okay, im gonna show you the basics and see how fast you learn..." Randy got in a fighting posistion. he showed Ryu all the basic moves, a couple more advanced ones, then he told Ryu to get in the corner. "I think you're ready for a real fight now. Whaddya say?" Asked Randy. Ryu Shrugged,"sure." Mendez stepped next to the Arena. "You think the boy's ATAC material?" asked Mendez, Randy nodded. "He's the quickest learner i've ever seen, and he's excellent at following commands." said Randy with a slight smile. Mendez nodded,"you may continue." said Mendez. Randy nodded back and looked back at Ryu, he didn't even have a stance, he just stood there. Randy nodded and lunged. He threw a punch toward Ryu's ribs, but Ryu sidestepped and jabbed Randy in the ribs twice, then drop kicked him.. Randy looked up at him in amazment. Mendez had a look on his face that said 'OH MY GOD!'. Randy got up, "Well done. But how would you do against me?" said Mendez climbing into the ring. Randy went to the side,"Don't hurt him too bad General, he may have a great future ahead of him in the ATAC." said Randy. "GO!" Ryu and Mendez took a sep forward, Ryu snapped a kick but mendez dodged and followed up with a right hook. Ryu barely avoided it and jabbed Mendez in the ribs. He didn't even flinch, Mendez kneed him in the stomach and threw him backward. He climbed out of the ring and went back to his office. "don't get too full of yourself, thats probably why you lost." said Randy. "come back at 7:00 a'clock sharp." Randy climbed out of the ring and left.

Posted

The title of Petty Officer in the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard has three separate "classes" (3rd class through 1st class) and three senior grades (Chief Petty Officer, Senior Chief Petty Officer, Master Chief Petty Officer). A Petty Officer Third Class is equivalent to a Corporal in the United States Army and Marine Corps and a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force. A Petty Officer Second Class is equivalent to a Sergeant in the United States Army and Marine Corps, and a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force. A Petty Officer First Class is equivalent to a Staff Sergeant in the United States Army and Marine Corps and a Technical Sergeant in the United States Air Force.

Ryu sat for a time, judging by the pain in his gut he would have a hell of a bruse for days. "Man you got owned!" a voice jokingly called out. He turned around and saw that girl again. "great make jokes, sai is it?" he asked. "It is, here let me help you." she reached out her hand and helped him to his feet. "This is the city, the big time ATAC isn't something you can skate through, the scroungers depend on us to keep them safe." Ryu nodded. "And going gung-ho agianst the savages with nothing more is safe?" Sai put her hand on his sholder "hey it's what I do!" as they walked down a long hallway Ryu's stomach let out a loud growl. "Ha...ha you got some monster in your belly kid?" she asked. "When's the last time you ate?" she asked. "A couple of days ago." he replied. "You gotta get food in you, and i mean real food, follow me!" They rounded a corner and after another group of hallways they came to a large set of double doors. "Where are we sai, what is this place?" He asked. "This is one of my favorite rooms in the whole complex!" she threw open the doors revealing a large room with tables and chairs. "This is the ATAC commasary, think of it as the cafeteria like in school." Ryu looked at the floor. "I never went to school, i was 3 when the savage came." Sai her hand on his shoulder again. "ah it don't matter, school is over rated anyway!" Ryu looked around and saw many different people men and women all sitting laughing, joking and having fun. "There's a lot of people here, are they all ATAC?" he asked. "Not all, we got Scroungers, we got Civi's who are family but .." her voice got louder. "Nobody beats the ATAC!" she shouted. all the ATAC's bark " hoorah"! They walked over to the chow line. "Who do we have here?" asked the person behind the counter. "Hey gladys, this is Ryu he's a new recruit, what do we got today?" "we got a special treat today, a group of Scroungers stumbled upon an old Turkey farm, even with no people to tend them the birds flourished, so we got a whole mess of roasted turkey!" Sai eyes widened. "You're kidding?" Sai turned to Ryu "You ever have turkey kid?" "I've had Turkey Jerky." Sai grabbed him a tray and got one for her. "That's nothing, this is the real deal!" they walked down the line. "He'll take some turkey and gravy, mashed potato's and some corn, and some bread and a little of butter-like." they walked away from the chow line and went for seats. "Dig in kid, you're gonna love it!" Ryu dug his fork into the steaming hot meat and shoved it in his mouth. The taste and smell even the texture opened deep buaried memories of his mother. For the first time in his life he remembered her face.

His mother's name was Amber Flynn she was in her early 20's, she had gotten knocked up by her boyfriend Ryan who left her when he couldn't deal with a kid. Her father Michael had thrown her out, she left her younger sister Julie and brother Derek all alone. She like her son and brother were immune to the savage, but she was killed protecting Ryu. sai waved her hand infront of Ryu's face. "earth to Ryu, are you alright?" she asked. "I just remembered something, something that was forgotten for a long time." Sai nodded. "That's called Sense memory, it's when a sound or smell triggers memories." She looked at Ryu's bare plate. "You want more?" Ryu smiled and nodded.

Flynn pulled his steak from the broiler and plopped it on a plate. He grabbed a bottle of steak sauce and dropped a large pile onto the deer steak. He cut off a piece and dipped it into the sauce and placed it in his mouth. The meat from the deer's hind leg melted in his mouth. He walked over to his fridge and pulled out some leftover seasoned potatoes from a potluck they had a few days earlier. His dinner was moddest, but it was filling none the less. he thought back to the old pioneers who had equally moddest meals daily. He felt a kinship to those old souls staking their claim,going west in search of a dream for a better life. he wondered what they would think of the country today, on the brink of ruin where mindless savage outnumber the uninfected 10 to 1. He grabbed a beer and walked to his living room. He opened his coffee table/footlocker. the same one that his father had. He went back to the ruins of the house and found that it had survived the fire as well as some other things locked in a firesafe box. He pulled out a tatered photo album and flipped through it. He landed on a picture of his family. Mom, Dad, Amber, Julie and himself along with Sampson the family golden retriever. A year or so after the picture was taken his mom died of cancer not long after his sister got pregnant with Ryu and left. "Don't worry Amber, i'll protect your son, if it's the last thing i do!" Flynn walked over to his VCR and popped in a tape, he pushed play and went back to the couch. a loud drum fanafre erupted from his sterio surround sound as a studio logo flashed on screen. He loved watching this movie with his father when he was a boy. Amid a vast field of stars the movies name flashed on screen. the highly orchastrated music blkared through the speakers as the openeing monolague flew from the bottom of the screen and disappeared into the blackness of space. "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire." Flynn watched the movie then fell asleep.

Posted

ROFL. I just watched that a couple days ago XD one of my favorites is the one you were talking about, #4 :joy:

After Dinner Sai showed Ryu more around the city, he was amazed at how such a large area was cleansed of the savage. After seeing the barren wasteland outside of here, and everywhere else in the world, it's hard to believe this whole huge area hasn't been touched. After Sai showed him everything from the candy store to the shoe store, Ryu decided it was a little late. When they got to the ATAC bunks it was almost 1 AM.

Posted

"Here's your bunk kid, I finally got it so I have a real house. six years of service pays off. Drop by if you want, I can supply you with metal, and a forge plus I'll supervise you. But now sleep." Sai said as she walked off.

"Flynn! Flynn let me in this second, or I'll open the door myself!" It was five in the morning and Sai needed to speak with him, "That's it I'm opening it!" Sai hit the wood with her shoulder and the door opened. Flynn woke up. "We need to talk, about Ryu. You know something I don't know and I want to find out.

Posted

"Sai, it's five o'Clock in the morning!" Flynn said. "I hate being kept in the dark flynn, If I'm gonna take this kid under my wing I need to know what you know!" Flynn walked over to his kitchen table and sat down. He motioned for her to sit across from him. "I was 13 years old when my mom died, Cancer. My dad took it hard and never really recovered. He tried to keep it together for us kids but When my sister Amber got pregnant he lost it, and in anger threw her out of the house. My sister Amber was the best friend I ever had, I was to young and i suppose I could have stood up to dad but she was already gone. The last I heard she moved in with Ryan her boyfriend. Apparently she gave birth to a boy who like us has an immunity to the Savage she protected him as best she could and as she was dying she brought him to safty and left him in the care of strangers his name is Ryu." Sai looked confused. "Wait, you mean that Ryu the kid Ryu is your nephew?" Flynn nodded. "You need to tell him Flynn!" Flynn stood up in anger. "And tell him what, I'm so messed up I can't take care of a kid let alone myself!" he slammed his chair onto the floor. Sai stood up and slapped him hard across the face. "He's your family, if I had the oppertunity to find my relatives i'd do it!"

Flynn bent down andpicked up his chair. "Did anyone ever tell you that you are a very wise young woman sai? Flynn walked to his door. "Where are you going?" asked Sai. "I'm gonna tell him, I just have to figure out how."