Survival of the fittest

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Alex?

Posted

Alex?

Sorry, I meant to say Adam, your guy, It's been changed. :wacko:

Posted (edited)

Arthur, thanks to his good hiding skills, heard everything that Flynn and Karen were talking about. "This could work to my advantage," he thought.

Adam suddenly woke from his troubling sleep. Karen looked over. "Oh, your awake. Flynn! He's awake!" "Coming!" Flynn answered. Adam blinked his eyes, trying to get the crust (that sometimes forms on them) off. "What happened?" Adam asked. "You don't remember?" asked Flynn, who had just entered the room. "You tried to kill Ryu, that's what." "What!?! I-I thought that was just a dream..." "Well, it wasn't. Anyway, we found something interesting." "What?" Adam asked. "You have "canine DNA" in you. Do you know who did this to you?" Karen said/asked. "No. It's all a blur...Though, actually, I am starting to remember some things. In my dream, I saw things, like an S-shaped DNA Helix. It was white and red. I also remember some numbers: 4-8-15-16-23-42. And the last thing is a lot of guys in white, but one guy in black. I don't know his name, and I didn't see his face."

"S-shaped DNA Helix? Man in Black? Numbers? Hm..." Arthur thought while listening in.

Edited by Vadarth X (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Arthur, thanks to his good hiding skills, heard everything that Flynn and Karen were talking about. "This could work to my advantage," he thought.

Adam suddenly woke from his troubling sleep. Karen looked over. "Oh, your awake. Flynn! He's awake!" "Coming!" Flynn answered. Adam blinked his eyes, trying to get the crust (that sometimes forms on them) off. "What happened?" Adam asked. "You don't remember?" asked Flynn, who had just entered the room. "You tried to kill Ryu, that's what." "What!?! I-I thought that was just a dream..." "Well, it wasn't. Anyway, we found something interesting." "What?" Adam asked. "You have "canine DNA" in you. Do you know who did this to you?" Karen said/asked. "No. It's all a blur...Though, actually, I am starting to remember some things. In my dream, I saw things, like an Umbrella. It was white and red. I also remember some numbers: 4-8-15-16-23-42. And the last thing is a lot of guys in white, but one guy in black. I don't know his name, and I didn't see his face."

"Umbrella? Man in Black? Numbers? Hm..." Arthur thought while listening in.

No Umbrella corp. is not in this story it's to much of a RE cop out! The Prototronics corp. is the evil multinational corporation in this world(or was until the outbreak wiped them all out) otherwise everything's great!

Flynn walked over to the med computer and entered the satellite viewer program. "What are you doing Flynn? Karen asked. "nothing, just a hunch really." he typed 4,8,1,5,1,6,2,3,4,2 into the program and it beeped. "I thought so!" he said clearly expecting something. "What did you find?" she asked "4815.1

Edited by diamondtriforce82 (see edit history)

Posted

No Umbrella corp. is not in this story it's to much of a RE cop out! The Prototronics corp. is the evil multinational corporation in this world(or was until the outbreak wiped them all out) otherwise everything's great!

Flynn walked over to the med computer and entered the satellite viewer program. "What are you doing Flynn? Karen asked. "nothing, just a hunch really." he typed 4,8,1,5,1,6,2,3,4,2 into the program and it beeped. "I thought so!" he said clearly expecting something. "What did you find?" she asked "4815.1

Posted

Here it is.

prototronics.jpg

Posted

Here it is.

prototronics.jpg

No easy symbol to describe, like that Umbrella from Resident Evil?

Posted

No easy symbol to describe, like that Umbrella from Resident Evil?

You could say an S shaped DNA Helix.

Posted

You could say an S shaped DNA Helix.

Okay, I'm editing my posts so that "Umbrella" becomes "S-shaped DNA Helix".

Posted (edited)

"Wait a minute, I think i've seen that symbol before to!" Karen looked around her office. "Now where did I see it?" she asked herself. Her eyes fell onto an old Scientific American lying on her desk. "This magazine from 1995 has a story about August Zant a billionare scientist and his attempts at mapping the human genome."

"In 1990 August Zant was a young man working as a part time court clerk while attending night classes at a local university. He was a gifted individual who loved science. But more over he loved economy, and using his two loves he quickly rose in both communities. He created a small company called prototronics that delt in many different things. From Genetically enginered foods and livestock to new vaccines to eliminate deseases such as AIDS and HIV. He amassed a large fortune and soon became the head of a Multinational corporation, With offices in every country Prototronics quickly grew into a force."

Flynn looked at her. "That was very entertaining but what does that have to do with us?" "Look at the company logo!" She held up the magazine that showed August in front of his compnay headquarters in Hartford Connecticut. "That looks like an S shaped DNA helix to me!" she said. "So they took this kid and used him as a lab rat in an attempt to enginerre a cure to the Savage?" He asked.

Behind the shiny venere of humanitys advancement Prototronics was into many devious things. They created as many diseases as they cured. They were developing technological and biological weapons and selling them to the highest bidder and they were charting the human genome in an attempt to create hybrid humans to test with. They might have succeeded if not for the alien Savage bacteria.

Adam squirmed on the table. "I was used as a test subject by some evil corporation! What's gonna happen to me now?" he asked. "I don't know son, but were going to that hidden lab and were gonna find out!"

Edited by diamondtriforce82 (see edit history)

Posted

" Alright what do we do if a savage leaps at you?" asked James of his new trainees " You sidestep and deliver a punch to the stomach" guess a trainee " perhaps, but savages are much too strong to be winded for long so be sure to go to paralize or kill it directly afterwards."

Posted

"And how do we kill them professor?" asked Flynn who was standing in the doorway. "That's easy, severe brain damage or severing the spinal column." James answered. "Alright guys practice your knife techniques for a while, i'll be right back." He walked into the hall and met Flynn. "What's up Boss?" asked James. "The new boy Adam needs hep, so were going to the Black Forest to investigate where he came from, and I'm putting a team together." James looked around. "I'm in on the team?" he asked. "Yes get your stuff and meet me later at HQ." James ran back into his classroom. "That's enough for today, classes are cancelled for the next few days so see ya!" James then ran to his apartment to get some supplies. "He's really enthusiastic isn't he unc?" Asked Ryu. "Ah good Ryu, you saved me the trouble of finding you. Get your gear and meet me at HQ we got a mission." Ryu ran off and went to get ready.

Flynn walked into Hikari's building and rang her bell, after a minute she got on the intercom. "Who is it?' she asked. "It's Flynn, get readyt at meet at HQ we have a mission. He then went to Randy's place. "Randy we have a mission get ready and meet at HQ right away!" :Alright but I need to tell karen." "That's alright she's coming with us."

Later at the staging area Randy and Karen were having a little disagreement. "But Flynn needs me there Randy!" Karen said a bit loudly. "I don't care, I don't want my wife outside these walls!" he responded. "I did recieve training Randy, or did you forget that's how we met!" Flynn walked up to them. "what's the matter guys?" he asked. "Randy thinks i'm going to be killed the minute I set foot outside this city!" "Oh come on Karen I didn't say that!" he shouted. "Well you don't have to worry randy nobodys setting foot out anywhere." They both looked at him. "What do you mean, Adam's dying his body is turning on itself the Canine half and the human half are fighting for dominance and right now the human half is losing!" "Were still going Karen but not on foot!" he said pointing up. They looked ontop of the ATAC HQ at a blackhawk helicopter. "Murphy's been working around the clock to put that thing back together. "But who's going to fly it?" asked Karen. "I will." answered Carson. "I was once in the Scottish Miliraty, we flew Blackhawks once and a while.

James, Hikari and Ryu showed up. "We getting ready to bust some skulls or what?" asked James. "If needed yes but this is purely a recon mission james!" answered Flynn. "Don't forget about me!" shouted carmine. "Who's the runt?" asked James of the 13 year old boy. "This is Carmine Falcone, but you can call him Falcon. he's from carsons group he's a wiz with anything electronic." Hikari looked at the short and stocky nerd. "But why him, there must be other electronics experts here." "Not like him hikari, he even built this for us, a new GPS to chart the way to the coorodinates." Flynn looked up at Carson who was giving him a thumbs up. "looks like he's ready to go, so lets get gone people!" Flynn said.

The helicopter took off and began to hover above the helipad, "Is everybvody buckled in?" asked Carson on his head set. "Ready Carson." said Flynn. they took off and began a steady assent up and into the sky. "Wow, you can see for miles around, and theres nothing out here!" karen said. "It really is the end of the world!" James said.

Most of the ride was in silence, everyone was reflecting on what they saw in their own way. "Look alive guys were coming upon the Coorodinates." james looked out his window and saw a large mountian. "All I see is a mountian guys, no building or sign!" Hikari looked out James window. "Since whe do mountians have metal doors james/" she asked him. Look a heliport take her down carson!" flynn shouted. They landed on the helipad and climbed out. "Carson, Ryu stay with the chopper, the rest of you come with me!" Flynn shouted.

They walked across the rocky exteriosr until Flynn realised. "This isn't rock, it's concrete! Someone actually made an entire mountian out of concrete!" The made their way to a large set of blast doors, alright everyone look alive, there could be Savage down there!" He turned to Falcon. "Get to it kid, do your stuff!" Falcon walked over to a swipe card reader. "It's horribly out of date, it shouldn't be to hard." He pulled a credit card from his bag that was attached to some ribbon cable which in turn was attached to a small laptop. He swipped the card into the reader and on the computer a series of numbers flashed by until each one landed on a specific number." 4,8,5,6,3,4!" the reader beeped and the solid steel doors opened. "Alright everyone, keep your eyes peeled. nobody's going to die here today!"

Posted

Back at Omega 1...

Adam was lying on the bed, in mild pain. His human half was losing against the canine half. But there was something more...

(In Adam's head) "Mesmerization Complete" said a mechanical voice. A black figure walked up to Adam, who was lying on a table..."Listen to me Adam; when you wake up you are to fix the helicopter and go to Omega 1. Crash into the 32nd floor of the Jefferson Building. Then, when a group of ten arrive, you are to, two days later, go to the helicopter's ruins and get a golden locked with an S-shaped DNA Helix on it out from the engine. Then come back here and insert it into S.D. Mark 5. Then press the green button with "Copy" written on it. Then protect that weapon copying machine at all costs. After 1 hour, it will be done. The people of Omega 1 will find it soon after. Anyway, after that machine is done, inject yourself with Vial #666. You can then proceed with helping the people of Omega 1 by killing the Savage and building new weapons and such for them. Once all Savage in the U.S. are cleared out, initiate Mission-" (dream/memory has ended)

Adam awoke with incredible rage. He flung himself off the bed and walked over to his window. One of the guards noticed Adam. "Hey, what are you doing!?! Get back here!!!" Adam stopped in front of the window and smashed it. Then he jumped 20 stories.

Arthur watched as Adam plummeted. When Adam reached the ground, Adam quickly ran over and injected Adam, and then said, "Would you kindly?" Then Adam turned around and punched Arthur, sending him flying, but still alive. Adam then ran towards the Jefferson building, with incredible speed.

Posted

Pablo the guard picked himself off the floor and ran over to the window. "Where is he going?" asked Trevor the medical assistant. "He's headed for the old Jefferson building!" Pablo said. "That's where his chopper crashed right?" Trevor asked. "yeah, he's in for a suprise when he gets there!"

Adam crashed through the boarded up door of the building and ran to the stairwell. With a staggering leap he jumped all the way to the 32nd floor and ran to where he crashed. The apartment was empty. "Had he been paying attention he would have realised that his chopper was gone, used by Flynn and the others to find Prototronics in Colorado.

Flynn kicked open a locked door and the group fanned out into the office. "Fan out and look for anything that's important guys!" Flynn walked over to a computer terminal and on instinct clicked the mouse. He was slightly startled when the computer flashed on. "What the hell, it still has power!" He said. "yeah this place has it's own reactor, it says so right here!" Carmine pointed out to technical reading on his computer. "You guys find anything about Adam?" he asked. "Not yet, this place has multilevel encryptions it's gonna take me at least an hour to hack in!" Flynn turned to Ryu. "Stay with Falcon and Karen Ryu, the rest of you fan out look for anything we can use back at Omega!" They all left and continued the search.

Adam staggered around the apartment, whatever programming he was subjected to was failing due to tremendos strain on his mind. "Stop this you beast!" adam said to himself. he began to greatly decrese in size and fell to the floor. He looked down at himself. "Thank god my pants stayed on!" he said. He staggered back to ATAC medical and into his room. "What was that all about kid?" Pablo asked. "Some kind of mental conditioning activated in my sleep and caused me to let go, my lycan half activated and for some reason I was supposed to go to the chopper and retrieve something from the engine but when I got there the helicopter was gone!" Pablo placed his hand on Adams sholder. "Yeah Flynn had it repared and the took it, now lets get you back to bed." Adam shook his head. "No, if i fall asleep, who knows what programming will activate next!"

Posted

Oh. I didn't see that they took the helicopter...

Adam then suddenly had another memory...

(In Adam's head) "-and no matter what, you will complete the mission. If the helicopter was taken elsewhere, you shall go and FIND IT!!! And don't forget to-"

Adam, resisting his other programmed half, tries to tell Pablo that he must be tranquilized. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Ryu walked slowly through the hallway. He came to a locked door. He saw a keypad next to it, and on the floor, sticking out of the door, was a key-card.

Arthur was lying in his hospital bed, thinking to himself, when someone came in. "Ah, good; you're here." Adam said. "Are you okay, Arthur?" asked the person. "No need to fear. Also, a bit of good news; I succeeded in injecting Adam with that stuff you made." "That's good. Now he should listen to our every command and not know that he's doing it." "No, not should; will. We are doing an excellent job, Jin, an excellent job indeed." said Arthur happily. "Soon those unbelievers will be ours," Jin agreed, in perfect English.