Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Autism

10 posts in this topic

Posted

We are WAAAYY DUE for an Autsism Topic? First, let me ask: Anyone know what it is? If not, ask here, and I'll tell you.

Posted

i know its a brain disorder but thats basically all i know

Posted (edited)

We are WAAAYY DUE for an Autsism Topic? First, let me ask: Anyone know what it is? If not, ask here, and I'll tell you.

yes, TML, i have aspergers, a form of autism.

i lack the ability to hold long discussions in person, and before i got to high scool, i had difficulty making eye contact.

an upside to that though is i have a high IQ and a good memory to remember dates and trivia questions. i'm also awesome at jigsaws.

FACT: sherlock Holmes is autistic, hence his uncanny detective skills :mellow:

Edited by Lightly Dark Garo Master (see edit history)

Posted

Anyoen got more APPROPRIATE questions? Any innapropriate comments will be ignored.

Posted

ok then... What is autism?

Posted

ok then... What is autism?

Autism is characterized by impaired social interaction (i have), problems with verbal and nonverbal communication (only verbal), and unusual, repetitive, or severely limited activities and interests(yes, that'd be me)

Posted

Anything else?

Posted

Anything else?

yeah, here's the wikipedia page for it.

click

Posted

didnt you once say you had aspergers , TML?

Posted

yes, TML, i have aspergers, a form of autism.

i lack the ability to hold long discussions in person, and before i got to high scool, i had difficulty making eye contact.

an upside to that though is i have a high IQ and a good memory to remember dates and trivia questions. i'm also awesome at jigsaws.

FACT: sherlock Holmes is autistic, hence his uncanny detective skills :mellow:

You have asbergers? I have High Funtioning Autisum, its very simaliar to asbergers, alot of people get then two messed up. The simarlaritys to Asburgers are the sensitive sences and the high IQ and inteligence.

I don't really have anything wrong with me other than being over smart. lol I have learnt to get on in life with my Autisum, everyone dosent even know i've got it until i tell them, i'm basicly normal. although, each Autistic person has a different amount of capability, inteligence and the symtoms of Autisum vairy from one to another, some are very normal, like me, some are ver7y "different" but i understand they can't help how they are born. I'm just happy to be one of the lucky ones.