Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What has happened to us?

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, so I was reading a few of the threads, and one of them struck me kinda hard. The main 1 being the "bring back the colors". Now, I'm all for bringing back the colors, but not comparing it to MLK. On the other hand, I don't think that Mods should abuse powers by changing folks sigs. I remember a while back when this was a small, yet happy community. Now we fight over sigs. I understand it was hard work, and that it's hard to read sometimes. Fallen now is babylon the great.

Posted

Well, the more people come, the more chance we have of either A-corruption (which happened many times before on this site) B-lots of people abusing their rights or C-mods abusing their powers (once again, happened many many many times before) I'm not saying that A,B or C has happened to this event, i kind of am in favor of both sides but whatever. So yeah, this site is a boat with a lot of people and it begins to sink, but there are great people here that always are present to keep it from sinking (even if it means to "kill" one of their own memebers from the boat)

Posted

Your right, it has lost some of the fun to it. It's a shame. I'm not one of the oldest members, I'm probably one of the newer ones, but I've noticed that it's lost something to it especially after the whole "No more color" thing. This site has become less personal and more like Myspace or another one of those big forums everyone uses.

Posted

Oui oui ^_^

Posted

I realized that, too. When Zelda made that thread for me to get well, I smiled because I saw how it brought the site together again. *sigh* But after it was locked, it seems there was no more distraction form the color thing. Out once tightly-knit family started falling apart because feeling were hurt and insults were thrown. Hyrule.net was a second family to me, but now...I don't know anymore. And you know, that's saying a lot for me. I would spend a lot of time here day after day; I'd share my fellow members laughs, tears, smiles, and everything inbetween. I'd come here for support and advice...I'd tell some of my best kept secrets! I don't know if those days are still alive. I just wish everyone would let everything go and remember. Remember LP's topic, remember all of those times that have past. I want them back, and I know everyone else does, too.

Posted

Very touching but face it, the past is in the past and as humans you guys can't do anything. I wish you all the best of luck and I wish this site the best of luck, cuz you all are going to need it whether you agree or not. This site WAS the best, and thats why i joined god knows when, a hell of a long time ago, but whether it BECOMES the best again, only time will tell us that. Au revoir.

Posted (edited)

The chipping and eroding of a lovely marble statue.

Succumbing to time, nature, and humans.

There is a little metaphor for ya :)

But it is good enough of a description of what you guys are saying

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

Amen! And see, thats why you're my buddy XD

Posted

Amen! And see, thats why you're my buddy XD

lol. Chef and I also talked about this in chat, but for a different reason. There is a slight...separation between chat and the forum. Chat respects chat more, forum respects forum more, and there's also a group that likes them the same. I was once a part of that group, but then I feel...I was stabbed in the back by some of the people on chat who I believed were my friends.

Another thing is we have learned each other's personalities! Saria and I as an example: She saw a screenshot she knew I'd like, figured I'd find it, and I DID.

This forum had REAL family bonds, some of which are still there. I'm a sister to LP, he's like a brother to me. I just hope that this topic will get through...That we can rebuild what we've lost.

Posted

Oi oi mates, the color thing is allowed as long as it's readable. Don't be dooms-day prophets -.-

The site is still the same, it has it's ups and downs, always had. And what you're missing is an interesting topic. Now that you can all make, if you feel like it.

Posted

This forum had REAL family bonds, some of which are still there. I'm a sister to LP, he's like a brother to me. I just hope that this topic will get through...That we can rebuild what we've lost.

heh, not neccessarily, although ADR990 descibed me as (the grandfather of everyone, on this site) :huh:

yeah, i doubt i know anyone too well i could give them a picture identical to one they already had in mind. :P

Posted

yeah, i guess back then the mods were a bit laid back, but i don't think we even had colors at all, so why bring that to the equation? well, currently i'm more happy with now then back then, when all the members thought i was mentally ill and a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. :unsure:

censored due to lack of interest of typing in insults

Posted

what annoys me is people say 'things were so much better back in the day' blah blah blah, when people dont realise that they are actually living the golden days, now, as we speak.

some people just take things for granted.

hyrule.net has its ups and down, as someone or rather said.

People arnt perfect.

Posted

Amen to that.

Posted

Your right, it has lost some of the fun to it. It's a shame. I'm not one of the oldest members, I'm probably one of the newer ones, but I've noticed that it's lost something to it especially after the whole "No more color" thing. This site has become less personal and more like Myspace or another one of those big forums everyone uses.

i hate the crap out of myspace