Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What has happened to us?

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, never knew a site can actually involve people and their lives...no wonder people are so easy to....never mind....anyways.......... :unsure::unsure::unsure: I'm not sure of the whole living the golden days etc. and taking things for granted...not really understanding...of course having a lot of other things to do, i dont spend more than 10 minutes in this site so maybe this site is the "golden age" but then again, what do i know? i dont spend a lot of my time here so i dont know things

Posted

Well, Zuzu, not everyone agrees with you, and in my experience, majority DOES usually win. Now, EXACTLY how is this the "golden age", because as far as i`m concerned, the city known as hyrule.net is burning. Also, in my experience, MOST of the chat mods are ALOT better than forum mods, unless you get on their bad side. I'm not trying to come off as a prick or anything, but the site has went to from free, to communist.

Posted

Hehe, thats funny but i get it, and it does make a lot of sense :)

Posted

Well, Zuzu, not everyone agrees with you, and in my experience, majority DOES usually win. Now, EXACTLY how is this the "golden age", because as far as i`m concerned, the city known as hyrule.net is burning. Also, in my experience, MOST of the chat mods are ALOT better than forum mods, unless you get on their bad side. I'm not trying to come off as a prick or anything, but the site has went to from free, to communist.

Hyrule.net is constantly growing and falling apart at the same time. Members join & members leave. Friendships are made and broken. There are fights and there are apologies, as would happen with any forum site.

people always look back on old times and say 'things were so good then', well in a years time you will probably look back on now and say the same thing. and in two years time, you will say it about the year before.

this is not directed at any user in particular but people in general should appreciate things more - this serves as a valuable lesson for everyone, in all aspects of life because you don't know what you have til its gone.

I've been talking to several staff about the colours and changing signatures etc and we will probably reach an agreement soon. Just waiting for one or two more replies.

the chat and forum are almost completely seperate, save a handful of users who go on both. Comparing the moderators of the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

Posted

what annoys me is people say 'things were so much better back in the day' blah blah blah, when people dont realise that they are actually living the golden days, now, as we speak.

some people just take things for granted.

hyrule.net has its ups and down, as someone or rather said.

People arnt perfect.

yes, it seems that no matter what, you always want to live in the past.

only after you start falling do you wish to stop yourself

Posted

Well, I could swallow my pride, and agree with you, but I won't. It's not that I hate DO hate authority, but thats not what this is about. This is about what is good for the members of this site, and whats good is the colours, because if not, you basically take away the members FULL freedom of expression.It's really not that hard to go "click, highlight", that is, if you can't read it. And if we don't, then it just shows how communistic and oppresing this is. Know who else was oppresing? The Nazis.

Posted

Your right, it has lost some of the fun to it. It's a shame. I'm not one of the oldest members, I'm probably one of the newer ones, but I've noticed that it's lost something to it especially after the whole "No more color" thing. This site has become less personal and more like Myspace or another one of those big forums everyone uses.

If hyrule.net was like myspace you would see kids like this:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Posted

O.o i stopped after 30 seconds....

Posted

i watched the whole thing!

Posted

.....I THINK THAT VIDEO CURED ME! I DIDN'T COUGH AT ALL THROUGH THE WHOLE THING! OH YE-*cough*

Dangit.

Posted

Is it worth watching? O.o

Posted (edited)

Is it worth watching? O.o

It's...kinda funny. Lemme watch 30 seconds to see what you missed. poor kid though...he's thrown his life away.

EDIT: You only got to picture taker?

Edited by Hyrule's Princess (see edit history)

Posted

I dont know, i just heard him screaming and said hell to the no, i aint watching no kid yelling :embarrassed:

Posted

I thought my brother was addicted to myspace...but dang! That kid is a good example of what myspace may do to you. Especially when you live of of it. :huh:

Posted

Yeah i CANNOT take it, i hate screaming.....it doesnt match him or his actions or anything, i think its a voice over O.o :wacko: