Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What has happened to us?

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok, don't call akamaru a fool! She's trying to bring back something she enjoyed and you call her a FOOL?! She doesn't deserve that! If you suddenly lost your privlige to play video games and wanted that back would you be a fool? NO! I can't stand it when people insult my friends! You can insult me all ya want, but when you insult my friends, you cross the line!

well tappy did apologise him editing her siggy, but akamaru was bitter and idn't accept tappy's apology, thus turning both sides harsh.

akamaru is on a forum and should obey the admins. it is admittedly quite immature to disagree with the mods and cause a war between mods and non-mods.

i'm on the mods side for they are trying to restore order and removing rainbows aids the clearance of the reading of siggys. :)

akamaru was being stubbon so i expect you can see from knuckle's eyes why he called akamaru a fool.

knuckle has the right to an opinion, if he has the right for his opinion to be taken seriously is beyond that of a humble garo.

Edited by Lightly Dark Garo Master (see edit history)

Posted

well tappy did apologise him editing her siggy, but akamaru was bitter and idn't accept tappy's apology, thus turning both sides harsh.

akamaru is on a forum and should obey the admins. it is admittedly quite immature to disagree with the mods and cause a war between mods and non-mods.

i'm on the mods side for they are trying to restore order and removing rainbows aids the clearance of the reading of siggys. :)

akamaru was being stubbon so i expect you can see from knuckle's eyes why he called akamaru a fool.

Some people are stubborn! That gives NO ONE the RIGHT to call them a FOOL! She was just upset because she spent a lot of time on that and it was wasted! I know how hard it must've been to do that with the basic editor. Heck, took me a while when I had it rainbow with the rich editor! Akamaru was hurt and didn't see through the apology when it was given! I know that I've not really thought things through when I've found out who it was that was the cause of my pain, and just said "no!' because I had only the fact that it was them on my mind!

Posted

Some people are stubborn! That gives NO ONE the RIGHT to call them a FOOL! She was just upset because she spent a lot of time on that and it was wasted! I know how hard it must've been to do that with the basic editor. Heck, took me a while when I had it rainbow with the rich editor! Akamaru was hurt and didn't see through the apology when it was given! I know that I've not really thought things through when I've found out who it was that was the cause of my pain, and just said "no!' because I had only the fact that it was them on my mind!

yes, these things happen but if members were to move on and forget these, then there'd be less conflict between mods and others.

thus what has happened has done so and then once we forget it all should be fine.

let the mods to their jobs to help us read siggys. Akamaru i expect to know that it would be hard to read a rainbow for some.

if we follow their rules that it's fine; the worst possible outcome is a small waste of time making a rainbow; however Akamaru had to make a topic

about this matter instead of forgetting it which caused great conflict.

my suggestion is to forgive and forget now, however tappy forgave but akamaru didn't forget, thus creating conflict.

WE MUST FORGIVE or we become bitter people.

prehaps knowing this we can forgive knuckle for calling akamaru a fool if she forgives tappy. ^_^

Posted (edited)

yes, these things happen but if members were to move on and forget these, then there'd be less conflict between mods and others.

thus what has happened has done so and then once we forget it all should be fine.

let the mods to their jobs to help us read siggys. Akamaru i expect to know that it would be hard to read a rainbow for some.

if we follow their rules that it's fine; the worst possible outcome is a small waste of time making a rainbow; however Akamaru had to make a topic

about this matter instead of forgetting it which caused great conflict.

my suggestion is to forgive and forget now, however tappy forgave but akamaru didn't forget, thus creating conflict.

WE MUST FORGIVE or we become bitter people.

prehaps knowing this we can forgive knuckle for calling akamaru a fool if she forgives tappy. ^_^

I'm not forgiving him calling her a fool unless an apology is made. I don't like it when my friends are hurt or insulted. They've stuck up for, so I stick up for them.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not forgiving him calling her a fool unless an apology is made. I don't like it when my friends are hurt or insulted. They've stuck up for, so I stick up for them.

yes, i can understand that, but i hope you also understand sometimes we must forgive and forget.....

:( why don't we all just apologise.

Posted

*sigh* I know...just, it's like a bomb sets off in my instincts to "attack" when my friends are being hurt...I just have that kind of personality. I got in a fight because someone punched my friend...

Posted

*sigh* I know...just, it's like a bomb sets off in my instincts to "attack" when my friends are being hurt...I just have that kind of personality. I got in a fight because someone punched my friend...

Aww, you're such a great friend!

Posted

Okay, let me say 1 thing. I am on no ones side, though I am a bit biased. What I am trying to explain, is that it would be so much easier if the colors were brought back, because half the sites members won't be pissed at you if you do. The colors is not what angered me, as you can see in the first post, it was that the idea was completely shot down as soon as it was brought up. Ahh. Ruebens or Lennon would handle this so much better than me.

Bringing the colours back would cause two problems:

-We took them away for a reason THAT REASON STILL STANDS

-The second is the one caused by this mess, it would mean that anything else that changes in the future, everyone will think that if they oppose it enough, it will get overturned, whatever it is. The mods came to an agreement about the colours and because that's the case, it's not going to get revoked until we find a way around the problem that is caused (which is unlikely due to different colours affecting different people)

Posted

I'm still shocked that this 'thing' actually turned into a huge mess, simply outstanding

Posted

Aww, you're such a great friend!

Aww, Thank you! :biggrin:

Posted

You are most welcome, always glad to show great friends how great they are :biggrin:

Posted

I feel like one of the working class in Russia in the WWII era. "Oh sure, you work, and we would like you to give us money, but you get to do this because we let you. It is a privalege to get to do the things we let you do." says the government. Anyway, a working class hero is something to be. What was the vote count of this, or can you tell us that?

Posted

I'm only done reading the first page so far, but I want to make sure and post this before I forget.

This site is for you guys, and if you aren't happy with how things are, work to change it. Whether that means encouraging people to do something, PM'ing me or other mods, or rioting, that up to all of you. (Note: People used to PM me when stuff like the color thing happened, but now no one does. I read _ALL_ PM's to me! If you don't get a reply it's either because I read it and forgot to reply, or I sneakily took care of it without telling you. PM me if crap happens and I will take care of it. If I _dont_, PM me AGAIN! This is your site!)

If you see something that needs to change, find a way to make it happen.

Question everything. Some of the greatest people in history stood up against unbelievable odds and oppression. Don't give up. Make your voice heard.

Who are the mods? They are normal members who were given additional power. Sometimes mistakes happen. Sometimes they happen too often. Just like in the real world, the masses need to police those in power and keep it in check. Look at the USA government to see what happens when power goes unchecked.

Posted (edited)

I'm only done reading the first page so far, but I want to make sure and post this before I forget.

This site is for you guys, and if you aren't happy with how things are, work to change it. Whether that means encouraging people to do something, PM'ing me or other mods, or rioting, that up to all of you. (Note: People used to PM me when stuff like the color thing happened, but now no one does. I read _ALL_ PM's to me! If you don't get a reply it's either because I read it and forgot to reply, or I sneakily took care of it without telling you. PM me if crap happens and I will take care of it. If I _dont_, PM me AGAIN! This is your site!)

If you see something that needs to change, find a way to make it happen.

Question everything. Some of the greatest people in history stood up against unbelievable odds and oppression. Don't give up. Make your voice heard.

Who are the mods? They are normal members who were given additional power. Sometimes mistakes happen. Sometimes they happen too often. Just like in the real world, the masses need to police those in power and keep it in check. Look at the USA government to see what happens when power goes unchecked.

Yeah...that example is sadly true...Maybe...we should have an eye test. Have the same word in each color to see what some members can and can't see very well, and see what colors are ok with most of the members. That way, it'd be easier to police the colors the can't be used in posts.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

I feel like one of the working class in Russia in the WWII era. "Oh sure, you work, and we would like you to give us money, but you get to do this because we let you. It is a privalege to get to do the things we let you do." says the government. Anyway, a working class hero is something to be. What was the vote count of this, or can you tell us that?

Again, a gross overstatement, almost as bad as akamaru's Martin Luther King one. It's fine to explain you feelings, but I think that if you think that this compares to anything like that, you're going far too over the top...

As Dustin said, you can question stuff fine, but this whole situation has gotten way out of hand repeatedly, the effect it's had on the rest of the forum has had to have been controlled for everyone's sake. The "customer" doesn't always know what they want. Of course the "supplier" can never be completely sure or right either. The main problem in this world is sometimes the lack of ability to communicate (bringing back to hard to read coloured posts, actually, never mind). It's hard to come to an agreement if you refuse to see things from the other person's point of view.

The whole rioting thing IS one way to go about it, but as you've seen, it doesn't help you make friends easily, it kind of split the forum...