Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General Timeline Theories (SPOILER ALERT)

74 posts in this topic

Posted

This video might help. It makes a lot of sense to me. http://youtube.com/watch?v=RXN1BF65WjI

that video just made me rethink, the whole reason i played the games, and now i want to do it all over agian, following that time-line, to see if pieces fall into place.

Posted (edited)

Zelda WW and Zelda PH are same :P

OOT And MM

Zelda 1 and 2 different...

CD-i are different one you play with cartoon link other photo zelda...

TP and the next one ???

Edited by Adr990 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Why are you trying to make a storyline to link them all together when you haven't played and beaten all of the Zelda games. : (

I believe that all of the games that use a Link that is similar to the official art of the A Link to the Past Link should all be considered linked together. The games that fall under this category are A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons. If we do this for every different drawing, we get a few groups; Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Minish Cap, Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda, and Adventure of Link II being the last games that all have different art.

Let's make out the obvious sequels here. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Four Swords Adventure and Four Swords, Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons(They can be switched around, depending on which one you think came first).

From what you can see if you beat one of the two Oracles is that Link leaves on a boat, which would then lead to Link's Awakening where he's sailing on a boat at the beginning. At the end he wakes up and this could possibly lead him to find a home in the A Link to the Past world, but that wouldn't really make sense due to there being mountains around the whole world. So, then, let's say that he starts off at this world first. As I thought about it just now, at the end of A Link to the Past, Link is at the Triforce, and at the beginning of the Oracles, both of them, he's at the Triforce. This could possibly mean that right after he defeated this world's evil, the Triforce saw that he was good enough to take on other forms of evil, so he was sent off on another adventure to defeat Onox and Veran, and finally Ganon once more if you beat the game on a password file. So it goes A Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and then Link's Awakening.

The whole Wind Waker graphics games could be possibly the future Link, where it's very far ahead of any storyline of any of the other games. Four Swords obviously leads to Adventure and Wind Waker to Phantom Hourglass. But where does Minish Cap fit into this? How would Four Swords connect to it as well? Minish Cap takes the same thing Four Swords/Adventure does; making clones of Link. Minish Cap doesn't divide them by colors, but it's the same thing. So Four Swords/Adventure are obviously related to Minish Cap. So, then we're left with what game/s came first? I would say that Minish Cap would come before both Four Swords, because it isn't seen in the end that Vaati was sucked into the sword and sealed away, unlike in the Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventure has Vaati barely even look like he died, so I'll change the order of Four Swords and Adventure. So now we just need to figure out which game came before Four Swords. Adventure or Minish Cap? I'd say Adventure, because it would only make sense, him returning after being gone for a long time, classic storyline of an adventure. So it would go Vaati dying in his human form, then him dying in his shadow form, and then finally being sealed within the Four Sword. So then where do Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass come in? Well, the thing that links them, to me, is that Four Swords Adventure and Wind Waker have the cel-shaded Phantom Ganon, which no other game has. So, then that leaves the question, which series comes before the other? The Four Swords one or the Wind Waker one? Well, I just thought about how near the end of Wind Waker, Phantom Ganon is actually killed by shooting a Light Arrow at him, so, that would mean that the Wind Waker series goes after the Four Swords one, so it goes Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventure, Four Swords, Wind Waker, and then Phantom Hourglass.

Although, Adventure of Link II may have the II, it doesn't have the same official art as the first game, so it couldn't really be called a sequel to it, it's just the adventure of a different Link.

Same for Legend of Zelda, it's just a different adventure.

Twilight Princess is the same as the previous two.

The last series that has the same official art are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The relations between both are very obvious, I don't even need to explain which way they came first, but I"ll put it anyway. Ocarina of Time and then Majora's Mask.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

Ok in WW links grandma (or whatever) said that they where other hero's that saved the land so... TP might be after OOF so when link dies the triforce comes to a new hero when there is trouble and in OOF when you beat the forest temple the duku tree (or how ever you spell it) tells you that link father was a great hero...

Posted

wait... . . . . WW is part of the same world as TP and OoT. Never. Celda was way too corny a style for it to be part of the same cannon. Part of an alternate cannon I'll except, but in the same Timline as TP. Never.

This is like saying that Adventure of Link couldn't possibly be a sequel to The Legend of Zelda because it's a side-scroller. It's also like saying that black people aren't people because they have a different skin color. YOU RACIST. >:(

I'll also post a more comprehensive edition to my views on this later, when I'm off my Wii.

Posted (edited)

I copyed and pasted this from wikipedia so I'm 99.9999999 percent sure that i'm right.The precise chronology of the Zelda universe is hotly debated among fans, although some fans do not feel the games are definitively connected. As the series progressed, and more games were released, the exact order of the games in an overall timeline became complex and heavily disputed.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is a prequel to the original NES games, and the back of the game's box states that Link is an ancestor of the Link from those games. The Nintendo 64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was also a prequel, going even further back and showing the origins of many things from the previous games. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time.[2] The game explicitly references the "Hero of Time" from that game, and states that due to the hero's absence, it was necessary to flood Hyrule in order to stop Ganon. The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures reference other titles and are known to be a part of the timeline, but they follow a separate storyline, leaving their exact relationships with the other games uncertain.[3] It is not known how much time has passed in Hyrule between each of these games.

In an interview conducted by Nintendo Dream with Eiji Aonuma in December 2006, it was revealed that there are two parallel universes in the Zelda chronology. The timeline is split at the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda to live through his childhood, while the original events of Ocarina of Time continue on a different path. Once returned to his original time, Link goes to see Zelda again, and the result of this meeting is an alternate future in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages, who attempt to execute him, but are instead forced to banish him to the Twilight Realm. Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years later, after Link's role as a child in the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "adult Link" timeline, hundreds of years after the Hero of Time saved Hyrule in Ocarina of Time, and it is directly followed by Phantom Hourglass.[4][5] P.S. I'm only have 4 rupees and I need money. (this might be old just check my rupees if its under 50 I probably still need the money)

Edited by tektite (see edit history)

Posted

ololololololol Wikipedia. But, even though it's Wikipedia, it actually seems like a great theory.

Posted

Wikepedia is rarely right....

since anyone can edit it, half of it's just a load of bullsh**

but, good theory

Posted

The two kids at my lunch table and I have recently gotten into long long disscussions about the continuity of the Zelda Series.

All of us there have played Ocarina Majora, Twilight, and A Link to the Past.

So far here's what we have agreed on: OOT and MM are directly sequential, LP is somehow a prelude to TP; either before OOT, but not the same Link as OOT; or after MM, but not the same Link as either TP or OOT. This is from the reasoning that the story is somewhat simillar, the music used in both TP and LP is pretty simlar (The castle theme in LP is the same as in TP, for example), and the have the same basic principles: two worlds, a dark and a light, you get transformed into an animal in the dark world until you find a "crystal") As I type this I think : wait a minute! could Link to the past possibly come after Twilight Princess?. (I wouldn't know, I've only beaten about a quarter of it.)

We've also decided that all the old NES, SNES and GBA/DS games fit in some where but we're not sure where.

We've also put up the possibility that Wind Waker (and all other cell) Style graphics] Celda style games. are not cannon with the "Normal" Zelda games, but cannon to them selves.)

If any one out there has played any of the Zelda games (Especialy ones that aren't listed in the Cannon that follows) please post the summeries or possible cannon place ments?

For the sake of quieter, less argumentitive lunches, please post!

Please copy the following into all posts and updates:

The Cannon So Far:

*possible location, but not set in stone

[set in stone]

*A Link to the Past

[Ocarina of time]

[Majora's Mask]

*A Link to the Past

[Twilight Princess]

* A Link to the past

Other known Zelda Games:

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

Link's Awaking

Oracle of Seasons

Oracle of Ages

Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

(*Note: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest counts the same as the "normal" Ocarina of Time)

Most theorizers categorize many of the events in Zelda games as preflood or postflood. (As well as other theorizing terms, such as before or after the Imprisoning War, or the Unifying War) Link to the Past happens to be postflood, that is, after Hyrule was flooded in the events before WW. You'd be surprised how many games fit into the postflood category. Most people think WW is the most recent series of events to happen in the Zelda universe, but other things contradict this.

For instance, the Oracle games were extremely likely to be after the Great Flood. The introduction to the game was Link riding a horse to an abandoned Hyrule Castle, where trees and other foliage have almost completely concealed it. It was also at a low elevation as Link spied the castle from a cliff. The Triforce actually rests in this castle, which means that it may have never left the land that Link ventured to in the events of Wind Waker, as it seems there is nobody around with the knowledge that the Triforce is in the castle.

Minish Cap is certainly post flood because of the character base. Most of the characters in Minish Cap are human, not Hylian, as in, they have round instead of pointed ears. Their sprites are the same as the human models in Wind Waker. In Ocarina of Time, Hylians were the dominant race of Hyrule, but they have declined over the years, as explained in the events of Wind Waker. The geography is also very confused compared to other Zelda games. Another thing is that Nayru, Din, and Farore are supposedly descended from a long bloodline of oracles, (I think it was Oracles. It's probably priestesses) and the only definitive possible ancestor is from the Oracle series, which is incredibly leaning against post flood placement.

Also, it doesn't matter which style it's in, it's canon, believe me. The Wind Waker plays a vital role in the categorization of most placements in the Zelda timelines.

Also, the Zelda cartoon and all the CD-i games were made by Philips, not Nintendo. Which is why none of the CD-i "Zeldas" actually said, "The Legend of Zelda". They're not worthy of that name. ;/

They're not canon.

I forgot for what reason, but Link to the Past is most likely post flood. I'll have to read into it later.

Also, Gingerlink, Shiggy didn't say that it was in that order, the only thing he said is that OoT fit into the timeline at the very beginning. Ganondorf also didn't lead the Gerudo against Hyrule for revenge as he is in the child timeline, where he never did anything wrong up until that point. He never recognized Link in Twilight Princess.

Also, I thought it was more than fairly obvious that MM was a DIRECT DIRECT sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Like, there is no possible WAY that you could mix that up. >__>

And can we spell canon right, please?

Also, it's stated that Link from Wind Waker is the Hero of Time reborn, which would mean they're on the same plane. It doesn't matter than it transitioned in style, seriously, MP, they're in the same timeline.

In any case, the Zelda developers really screwed up big time. The timeline is now dead.

Eiji Auonuma said back when TP was in development, that during the events of Ocarina of Time, Zelda sent Link back to his own time. This made an alternate plane of time, AKA, the split timeline. Events on both sides of the timeline happen at the same speed and whatnot, but all possibilities have stemmed from something else.

In the adult timeline, where Zelda sent Link back, Hyrule had to recover from Ganondorf's destruction.

In the child timeline, Ganondorf never attacked anything until he was reborn in the next hundred years, after child Link was already gone.

Auonuma said that TP took place on the child timeline because Ganondorf was on trial for his crimes against Hyrule. He was not captured or defeated by Link, which is proven because of his unfamiliarity with Link upon later meeting him towards the end.

This makes no sense, because in the child timeline, Link left for Termina, where he disappeared and was never seen again. However, a Link clearly pops up later on to defeat Ganondorf. Assuming there are no Links in between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, we can say that TP fitting into this space would be paradox.

In the end, the Zelda team disproved the concept of a split timeline, which only complicates every other possibility we have at the moment. It is very hard to categorize Zelda now because of this matter.

Sahaqiel

Posted

All games with Ganon are in the hyrule 7 years forward. In youth, ganondorf was told about and executed and the triforce chose him to live. He never became a monster in that timeline.

I haven't played all games, but TP comes at the end of the non-ganon timeline, where the triforce and Zant left him dead. WW and PH take place at the end of the adult timeline. MC goes before OOT. All else is beyond me.

Posted

All games with Ganon are in the hyrule 7 years forward. In youth, ganondorf was told about and executed and the triforce chose him to live. He never became a monster in that timeline.

I haven't played all games, but TP comes at the end of the non-ganon timeline, where the triforce and Zant left him dead. WW and PH take place at the end of the adult timeline. MC goes before OOT. All else is beyond me.

TMC doesn't have pre OoT placement.

(scroll down) http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

Your statement makes no sense, since Ganondorf is only born or resurrected, at the least, every 100 years, and seven years isn't long enough for all the residents of Hyrule to forget he existed. TP is in the adult timeline, and yes, he did transform into Beast Ganon. WW and PH are actually very early in most logical timelines, since games like OoX and TMC have obvious post flood placement.

You probably watched the retrospective.

Pay attention to real timeline theories...

Sahaqiel

Posted

TMC doesn't have pre OoT placement.

(scroll down) http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

Your statement makes no sense, since Ganondorf is only born or resurrected, at the least, every 100 years, and seven years isn't long enough for all the residents of Hyrule to forget he existed. TP is in the adult timeline, and yes, he did transform into Beast Ganon. WW and PH are actually very early in most logical timelines, since games like OoX and TMC have obvious post flood placement.

You probably watched the retrospective.

Pay attention to real timeline theories...

Sahaqiel

i did pay attention, and ganondorf was executed before he became the monster in the child timeline. twilight was in the child timeline because ganondorf gained the triforce of power in the start of the adult timeline or during his execution in the child timeline.

don't bash a good theory unless you can prove elsewise.

Oh, and your link broke.

Posted

TP is in the adult timeline, 'cause WW is in the child timeline, and TP wouldn't make sense in it because Link did NOT return to conquer the ressurected Ganondorf in that timeline. That's concrete proof right there. WW can't be in the adult timeline anyway because Link didn't exist in the adult timeline after he defeated Ganondorf, and WW has clear knowledge of it.

TMC doesn't have a place before OoT. The retrospective is not a good theory. http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

Scroll down.

In case the link doesn't work AGAIN, then I'll explain.

The main one is that when you're in the city in the sky or whatever it's called in TMC, Hyrule is a speck in a gigantic ocean. This is a clear pointer at post flood placement. Further, lack of knowledge of the Triforce didn't happen until after Wind Waker, where they're referred to as "The Golden Triumph Forks". There's a book on the "Golden Triumph Forks" in Hyrule's library during TMC. This is a Wind Waker reference, when the fishmen told you of rumors of the "Forks", referring to the Triforce. Another thing is that the races of Hyrule come into play, like Gorons. In OoT, they were prosperous. They even had cities. But in TMC, there were about ten, which implies their race is recovering. In the events of Wind Waker, there were only three Gorons in the Great Sea, and in Phantom Hourglass, they had an isolated island.

The Great Deku Tree says that he's served the land for ages, and if so, where the frick is he in TMC?

The most wooded area in TMC is the Minish Woods, but there's no Deku Tree.

In Ocarina of Time, there were barely any trees past the Kokiri Forest. So why, if TMC is before OoT, would everything be wooded? Did all of Hyrule burn down twice or something? Also, there is massive evidence of Octoroks originally being primarily water based creatures, but slowly evolving to their land forms. In TMC, they were obviously late in land development. Why would they go from land dwelling creatures in TMC, then evolve into water based in OoT, only to go back to land-based in later games, like the Oracles? The characters' evolution also places a role here. Most people in TMC are dominantly human, as in, they only have rounded ears. Hylians were originally dominant during the events of OoT, and gradually went to human like in WW, where there is a massive lack of Hylians.

Also, the stained glass window depicted WW form Moblins.

Also, Ganondorf wasn't executed "before he became a monster"... Before he became a monster, what?? Ganondorf only turns into pig Ganon when power goes to his head a bit too much and he gets wrathful.

Those are just some of the points.

Sahaqiel

Posted

TP is in the adult timeline, 'cause WW is in the child timeline, and TP wouldn't make sense in it because Link did NOT return to conquer the ressurected Ganondorf in that timeline. That's concrete proof right there. WW can't be in the adult timeline anyway because Link didn't exist in the adult timeline after he defeated Ganondorf, and WW has clear knowledge of it.

TMC doesn't have a place before OoT. The retrospective is not a good theory. http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-...dition-1-a.html

woah woah woah, hold it there saha, All the evidence in WW says it is very much in the adult timeline.

Firstly, the story at the start talks about the hero that appears as if from nowhere, he's spoken of as a hero of time and none of the other games use this term other than OoT. Link only did the saving of the kingdom when he was an adult, so the world 7 years before would know nothing of it.

Secondly, Ganondorf talks about being trapped in the sacred realm, now, as far as I'm aware, this didn't happen at all in any of the other games.

However, I was thinking before that Minish came very early in the timeline, but you make some very good points.

Also, one further point. When did it ever say Ganondorf was executed? My thoughts have always been that he was exiled and then led the army from the desert which was spoken of in Twilight Princess.

Posted

I hope they continue with the twilight princess setup thing.......Its a good storyline to work off of....