Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General Timeline Theories (SPOILER ALERT)

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys, to be completely honest, I don't think that Nintendo has this mapped out quite like we do. When they were making Link's Awakening, I really doubt that they were thinking about Link journeying home from Termina after the events of Majora's Mask which came out years later.

The way that they avoided resolving so many potential loose ends with Twilight Princess when there was so much potential makes me believe this even more. Instead of closing with the flood or something else that would logically lead to a different game, they decided to kill Ganondorf again and add to their growing collection of plot-holes.

As much as I'd like to believe that everything in Hyrule's history can flow logically together I don't think that Nintendo will ever do that for us. They aren't as concerned with the vast amount of puzzle pieces that they've created fitting together as we are. In fact, I bet that they are more than happy to let us be lenient and try to mash the pieces together ourselves with little help from them, which is exactly what we're doing.

I don't mean to shoot down any theories but maybe the Zelda universe's timeline gets about as little thought from Nintendo as Mario's universe does. They know that us more committed gamers will manage to settle on some loose timeline theories and they're more concerned about confusing new gamers with storylines from past games.

--Edit--

I'm really sorry guys. I don't want to be 'that person,' and I truly hope that I'm wrong, but this is what I believe most and I think we should consider the Zelda timeline from all sides.

Posted

Also, one further point. When did it ever say Ganondorf was executed? My thoughts have always been that he was exiled and then led the army from the desert which was spoken of in Twilight Princess.

It never says there was an army amassed anywhere in TP. It says there were interlopers, but it never mentioned the amount of them or where they came from.

Judging by some theories, the bulk of them may have been Gerudo or Shiekah.

And yeah, Merchant, I think like that as well... I once read a theory that disproved the split timeline using Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, even though Eiji Auonuma told us it existed. Probably can't find it anywhere anymore, though.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Guys, to be completely honest, I don't think that Nintendo has this mapped out quite like we do. When they were making Link's Awakening, I really doubt that they were thinking about Link journeying home from Termina after the events of Majora's Mask which came out years later.

The way that they avoided resolving so many potential loose ends with Twilight Princess when there was so much potential makes me believe this even more. Instead of closing with the flood or something else that would logically lead to a different game, they decided to kill Ganondorf again and add to their growing collection of plot-holes.

As much as I'd like to believe that everything in Hyrule's history can flow logically together I don't think that Nintendo will ever do that for us. They aren't as concerned with the vast amount of puzzle pieces that they've created fitting together as we are. In fact, I bet that they are more than happy to let us be lenient and try to mash the pieces together ourselves with little help from them, which is exactly what we're doing.

I don't mean to shoot down any theories but maybe the Zelda universe's timeline gets about as little thought from Nintendo as Mario's universe does. They know that us more committed gamers will manage to settle on some loose timeline theories and they're more concerned about confusing new gamers with storylines from past games.

--Edit--

I'm really sorry guys. I don't want to be 'that person,' and I truly hope that I'm wrong, but this is what I believe most and I think we should consider the Zelda timeline from all sides.

I thought of this when I read Sahaqiel's post and reading your post just made me want to post this even more. Remembered that in the early version of Ocarina of Time, they thought of making Octoroks land-based, but in the end, they made them water-based. What if they only did this because they thought the land-based looked too bad and silly (They kind of did) and decided to have the water-based, because they looked better? : /

Posted

Yeah. Timeline theorists would really be screwed then.

And I saw those Octoroks. Rofl, they looked so ridiculous.

I dunno, though. Octoroks hadn't appeared as a water-based creature until OoT so maybe they would have compensated somehow?

Sahaqiel

Posted

I can't believe there were no Octoroks in Twilight Princess. They had been in every single Zelda game until then. Nintendo had to ruin their perfect attendance record for no said reason.

And don't tell me that those dumb Toadpolis are Octoroks. 'Cause they aren't. They're Toadpolis.

Posted

Yeah, makes no sense. =(

It'd be kind of odd to think what style they would be, though. They'd be water based, but I dunno, I think it's hard to imagine a TP style Octorok.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Lil' land-based Octoroks would look cool. Like in the old games, just 3D and a bit more realistic looking.

Posted

But that would screw up the timeline even moooooooooore. ;(

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sure, sure. But it'd look cool. :>

And at least they'd make an appearance. :biggrin:

Posted

You double posted by mistake. I fixed it though. =)

And nuuuuuuu...

I don't want a more messed up timeline, I want a nice neat timeline...

Sahaqiel

Posted

It never says there was an army amassed anywhere in TP. It says there were interlopers, but it never mentioned the amount of them or where they came from.

Judging by some theories, the bulk of them may have been Gerudo or Shiekah.

And yeah, Merchant, I think like that as well... I once read a theory that disproved the split timeline using Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, even though Eiji Auonuma told us it existed. Probably can't find it anywhere anymore, though.

Sahaqiel

fine, the word army isn't used but "a band of thieves that invaded Hyrule" is close enough, 2.24

Also, theorising is fun, there is apparently a master timeline somewhere, so there's every chance everything fits together...

Posted

the question is though, is this alleged master timeline legit/accurate? i wouldn't mind checking it out for some clarification if it is, seeing as the chronological order of the games i had tried to piece together were not as accurate as i had imagined...

Posted

why is it Saha baely responds to anything I say in theories?

Posted

Try to state a theory without any good points of proof to back it up. That always seems to work...