Favorite books (Yes, you heard me)

239 posts in this topic

Posted

Now I know that "books" are synominous with "torture" for some of you, but some of us actually read them in our free time, whether it's a long beloved classic or the latest science-fiction novel. So if you are one of those people who only read them if you absolutely have to, please humor me and hold that to yourself. (Yes, throughout my insane outbursts and creative mind, I have time to read.)

So, what's your favorite book? Or what are you reading now? I'm not reading one now, and I don't really have a favorite, but one of my favorites would probably be Tuesdays With Morrie. :D

Posted

My favorite book thusfar is Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx. It speaks to me, and it was the best summer reading I've done so far in High School.

It's about the author going through a change in his mind what the true meaning of masculinity is while going through the chapters of his own childhood with his friend, Joe Ehrmann. It starts with Jeff deciding to write one more story about the Memorial Stadium of the Baltimore Colts when he decides to interview all of his old friends from his childhood. Joe became a minister after his brother died and was coaching the Gilman football team when Jeff finally got around to interviewing him. Jeff loses himself and decides to stick with the team due to Joe's incorporation of love and values into the game of football. Then he begins his mental journey.

It's not that long, to me it's definately worth the read.

Posted

I don't read often anymore...my favorite right now is just a short story called " The Most Dangerous Game". Kinda interesting, with the hunting... :)

Posted

I have a tie between Eragon and Eldest in the Inheritance Triology. I am currently waiting for Book 3 to come out.

Posted

I have read both 'The Most Dangerous Game' anf the two Inherittance Trilogy books, they were great. One of my favorites, I'd have to say, would be Origin of Species and The Elegant Universe. Science; can't argue with it. I also like Fantasy; Inherritance Trilogy, Harry Potter, Septimus Heap, all those series are good. I recently finished the thirteenth Series of Unfortunate Events.

Posted

True Gamer. Are you sure you read "The Most Dangerous Game" as a class thing? Because I did last year O.o.

Posted

Nope, read it one day when I was bored...though...some classmates of mine are saying we are reading that story next week. :)

Another one I like is "A Christmas Carol".

Posted

Now I know that "books" are synominous with "torture" for some of you, but some of us actually read them in our free time, whether it's a long beloved classic or the latest science-fiction novel. So if you are one of those people who only read them if you absolutely have to, please humor me and hold that to yourself. (Yes, throughout my insane outbursts and creative mind, I have time to read.)

So, what's your favorite book? Or what are you reading now? I'm not reading one now, and I don't really have a favorite, but one of my favorites would probably be Tuesdays With Morrie. :D

I really like tuesdays with Morrie I did a book report on it and it was sad.

currentaly Im reading The Mother Tongue by bill bryson. an incredible book.

I hope too be reading How to read a book Next

Then Einstein's dreams.

My lang. arts teachers favorate book i believe

Posted

...I know,I`m lame for saying The Wizard of Oz is my favorite book.In fact,the whole series is a favorite...

:mellow: I shall now await the teasing.

(oh,and there IS such a series.The author died in...1918.Wowie.I readin` old books)

Oh,and I`m reading the Dear America series at the moment.

(Along with what Oz books my library has.Woo....Gotta find 'Road to Oz' next...)

Posted

I have a tie between Eragon and Eldest in the Inheritance Triology. I am currently waiting for Book 3 to come out.

DUDE!! I love Eldest and Eragon, although i find Eragon a bit boring because i read Eldest first and know what happens and is going to happen.

Posted

Since we are on the topic.....

My friend read 'Eldest' and 'Eragon', and she's been polling people on a certain part of the second book. She asked me to ask anyone I knew read this question:

Do you think Eragon was being too hard on Murtagh at the end of 'Eldest'?

Posted

No, i would be the same if that happened to me....

Posted

Kay, so here's Centauri's next argument; and I quote:

"But he didn't have a choice! Galbatorix was /forceing/ him to do all of those things!"

Disclaimer:

I did not write this, I do not necessarily agree with this, I am just relaying Centauri's argument to you.

Posted

Well, just because someone doesn't have a choice, doesn't mean they don't want too.

Posted

Then why did he save Eragon at the end of the book?

Disclaimer:

I did not write this, I do not necessarily agree with this, I am just relaying Centauri's argument to you.