Favorite books (Yes, you heard me)

239 posts in this topic

Posted

I dunno, i guess he wanted to save Eragon, or he felt sorry for him, this is what i think.

Posted

My favorite book are the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series.. <3 :D

Currently reading Watership Down for the first time :embarrassed:

Btw. Hello

<-Noob

Posted

I'm not really a fan of books, but when i read them i really enjoy them, currently i'm reading "El t

Posted

"Smack"

A real eye opener for those who even considering taking drugs, and a trip down memory lane for people like me, who have found themselves in those situations.

Posted

*Smells the air* Ahh... books ^_^. Well I like many kindas of books.. And not only those Magic ones that supposedly have spells in em that I sneak off of me mom... ^_^ Don't tell her... Harry Potter Series, A Witch's Guide To faery Folk, The Halo series, H.P. Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu, The Young Merlin Trilogy, and Bridge to Terabithia.

Posted

House of Leaves, an interesting book that inspired Silent Hill, another great videogame series.

It is about a family that moves into a new house, but suddenly strange things happen in it. A little room appears between two other rooms. The house somehow stretches, but only inside. The most peculiar find is a closet door, with a window besides it. If you look out the window, you can only see the backyard. Open the door, and a whole new world is open. Beyond the door stretches a shifting labyrinth, with only darkness to be seen, and a monstrous growl to be heard.

The book itself is very interesting. There are pages where only one word is written, and some others where the letters are upside down. A very interesting book, I would recommend reading it.

Posted

*gives everyone a copy of the Iliad*

This book is great, quite the epic poem written by Homer. The story of the Trojan War for those who do not know what it is based on. And unlike the movie "Troy" its actually interesting to check this book out, I'd definitely recommend it.

Also recommend:

-The Odyessy by Homer

-The Divine Comedy by Dante

Posted

I feel like a nerd, but I say the Harrypotter seris lol, ive read them sense the first one came out, and now im hooked!

if anyone can recomend a book that you think Id like please post, because im having trouble finding some good ones, and my mom says I need to read >.<

Posted

I like playing RPGs better since they last longer, but..... books.... I rarely find books that I like but I have enjoyed A Series of Unfortunate Events, Artemis Fowl, Lord of the Rings, The Veritas Project, and various Star Wars books. Too bad they can't be longer... :(

Posted

So, what's your favorite book? Or what are you reading now?

favorite book?? :::unhh:: PEACE & WAR ::hahahahah:: :embarrassed: just kidding

im trying to get there though...

okay well lets see..

i like the following books:

"a total waste of make-up"

"rosie dunn or love, rosie"

"ps. i love you"

"memoir of a geshia" <--the freaky part, i read it before it came out! :)

"tao te ching by lao tzu"

whwat am i reading now? :

NOTHING. need money to buy books. T__T

Posted

Huckleberry Finn!

I know a lot of people consider it racist (Due to how much the N-word is used.) but it is a great book. And it is not racist, and neither is Mark Twain. People would understand that if they read the book. <_<

Posted

my fav books wer

A midnight for charlie brown & the 2nd 1 for that book (4got name for 2nd 1)

even though it was yr 6 i read it, i still remember it was awsome :D

it was just 1 of those books you didnt wanna put down. and 1 of those book when your like "aww is it finished already?!?!"

Posted

Hmm..right now...I am currently reading the last book to the Obisdian Triology, When Darkness Falls

the first two are :

The Outstretched Shadow

To Light a Candle

and another triology I'm waiting to finish is one by J.V. Jones..the Shadow Sword Trio.

The Cavern of Black Ice

The Fortress of Grey Ice

The Sword of Red Ice<---waiting for this one..and to me ..I don't think it should be called "The Shadow Sword Triology," don't ya agree..=P

And of course..I'm also waiting for the last of the Inheritance Trio XD..

yeah..so what I read a lot..it a good thing XD..

as for the Inheritance..ya should make a new thread on the debate issue or Eragon vs Murtagh or whatever have you in mind...it will be a good debate no doubt..I would say something..but here is not the right thread ^.^

Posted

I've not read too many books in my time, but there are a couple i did enjoy reading, mostly classics;

Animal farm, Brave New World, Day Of The Triffids,

One of my favourites was (not suprisingly) Lord Of The Rings, and im currently reading 1984.

Posted

Currently, i'm reading "The Bachman Books" very good book (IMO, in my opinion) I think it's sort of a adult book considering the profanity and suggestive themes (And for all that is good and 1337, Don't go "Well, you shouldn't be reading it then" because that's another sort of thing i hate).