Favorite books (Yes, you heard me)

239 posts in this topic

Posted

The movie has absolutely nothing to do with the book, me tells ya...

well, how are they different?

It's common that books that are turned into movies are altered in storyline etc. to make it more appealing to the audience, and its also common that the books are better than the movies, but the movie storyline is always somewhat close to that of the book.

Posted

My favorite book is Ender's Game and the series that goes with it. Harry Potter books are good too. Also 1984, Fahrenheit 451

Posted

Can we include favorite authors? Mine's Janice Kay Johnson. Oh... and my favorite book at the Moment is 'Mommy said goodbye' by the author that I have just mentioned. What a coincidence!

Posted

go JK Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkein!

Posted

well, how are they different?

It's common that books that are turned into movies are altered in storyline etc. to make it more appealing to the audience, and its also common that the books are better than the movies, but the movie storyline is always somewhat close to that of the book.

Well, in the book something cool happens to the hotel in the end. In the movie nothing happens. Jack does not die like in the movie. Remember those girls that randomly appeared in the movie? They are never in the book. Plus, the storyline is explained WAY better in the book, so I recommend you to read the book. It is better. :)

And i forgot...The book's storyline is a little bit different too.

Posted

Man's Search for Meaning. Great, nay, awesome book. You know anyone thinking of suicide? Have them read that book. It taught me a lot and I liked to read it! :lol:

Posted

Well,while I was babysitting last night,we watched Iron Giant (until we saw the snow outside...We were crazed)... And in the credits,it said that there was a BOOK! *squeal* I'm definetly looking for that right now..

I have this thing about reading Titanic books for inspiration...They got me writin` my own story. My most recent is SOS Titanic. Lovely. Though,they need to write about second-class.. They speak of third and first too much.. Which is WHY (!), I have a character in second class in my story. He shall live..All of them will,actually...The one third class passenger was lucky to be up on deck right at that time.. "PUT ME DOWN!"

You got me rambling about my own book, (d word here,unsure if it'd censored) you!

Favorite author,you say? L.Frank Baum,hands down! *hand goes up...slowly puts it back down on table*

Another good one is Roald Dahl. I love you,Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.*is slapped by an Oz book* ...... ._.''

Now that I think about it, we also have one person living in second class as a bartender..

Posted

Roald Dahl is a very good author. And I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!. It's pretty funny. One of my favorite authors is C.S. Lewis, but I still think Tolkien is better.

Posted

Inversions... Pretty awesome book, read it like five years ago.

Posted

My favorite author is by far Jasper Fforde. His books always make me laugh and keep me interested more than any other. I also like Eragon (haven't finished the 2nd yet), the narnia books, Michael Chrichton (only read 2 tho), Dracula, Ray Bradbury, Ender's Game, Dune, The Neverending Story. I'm currently reading Utopia by Lincoln Child, and I'm thinking about reading Cell by Stephen King.

Posted

I'm thinking about reading IT by Stephen King.

Posted

Finally finished 1984, what a great book :) looking out for others to read now, im thinking of reading "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Posted

Guys, guess what! (This seems like a semi-appropriate place to put this) I...have finally begun putting my story down on paper! :D Part one of a three-story series. :D Actually, I'm just putting it into an outline now. :shiftyeyes: BUT I will eventually write it, then type it, then paste it on Hyrule.net, then introduce it to the world!!! :grinninglink: And everything in it fits together quite nicely. And, unlike many, many, MANY stories these days, the main character isn't the "Chosen One" or anything. And it's NOT a fan-fiction. Everything is from me. I don't see many people around here writing non-fan-fiction stories. :unsure: But anyway, it's titled THE REBELLION. Watch for it on the forums, it should be arriving in, oh say, a few months. By a few I mean a lot. :shiftyeyes:

P.S.: TITLE PENDING!!! I don't know whether or not I'm actually going to call it that yet. :embarrassed:

Posted

WOOT! I'll look forward to reading it.

And I finally got rid of writers block and started doing the same as G333. Only half a page of the main events that'll happen, though. It's not f-fiction either, it's a story of my own (first one of three, too much coincidences...) but it was inspired by Lotr. And just as in G333's story, the main character in mine is not the Chosen One.

I wish I could put it on here when it's done, but I suck at writing sotries in English. And I would reveal the title but it sounds stupid when translated to English...

Posted

I'm actually writing my own zelda story on paper, so it's turning out pretty good. Just ask ToastyOaties