Favorite books (Yes, you heard me)

239 posts in this topic

Posted

Have you read Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn?

I love them, they are a fantastic epic fantasy trilogy.

Posted

i have read to many books to pick one(due to the fact that i have had over 180 books out of the library at once at one time, the had to create a limit x3)

Posted

My favorite book is one that I think everybody should real called 'it's Kinda of a Funny Story' by Ned Vizzini. I love it because it is a story

I connect with on a very personal level.

Posted

Guys, you need to read books from a guy called Matthew Reilly. He is a legend. His books are absolutely full of action.

I suggest you start with Ice Station, or Temple.

Posted

I enjoy the short stories by Richard Matheson. They're creepy, dark, and oh so entertaining. I'd recommend them to anybody, which is why I recommend them to you.

He wrote "I Am Legend", by the way, along with "Button, Button", which is going to have a movie loosely based on it. The movie is called "The Box".

Posted

^ I've been meaning to read "I Am Legend"... "The Box" looks kind of interesting...

Posted

Hi All..

I'm just finished with "Mugabe" by David Smith & Colin Simpson (1981).

Posted

I'm reading Moonseed, by Steven Baxter. Interestingly enough, the main character think that there is water on the moon. Turns out he was right!

Posted

i love slaughterhouse five by kurt vonnegut

Posted

Favorite books are the Zelda manga!!! <3 they finally came out with them in english!!! woot so excited =)

Posted

I have a Zelda: Oracle of Seasons 'choose your own adventure' book. Its really cool. Someone gave it to me for a quarter in 3rd grade XDDDDD :D

They have Zelda manga in REAl life books now in ENGLISH?!

AWESOME I gotta get them, especially Ocarina of Time, I loved reading that!

Posted

I have some Zelda manga books too, on my PC.

But I don't read them all.. Though, what I've read was good. :)

I yet only have read Dutch books, but this School year I will need to read a English book, which one you will hear sooner or later. :)

Posted

Don't Tease Me But................ The Twilight Saga is One of my favorites, Particularly "Breaking Dawn". I also like the Hunger Games series. About a group of teens that fight to the death :unsure: But you should read it anyway

Posted

DUDE!! I love Eldest and Eragon, although i find Eragon a bit boring because i read Eldest first and know what happens and is going to happen.

book 3 is out:p haha my bsister has all three of them...I read them too...but liked the first one more then the sequels...

I advice allll of you to try reading ' the count of monte cristo" by alexandre dumas: a really fascinating story, written by a master of words...

beautifull quotes and psychology in it!! but of course, in that time people really had more time to write:p and elaborate on relations betweens characters end early events!

and ow, for the " fantasy lovers": JUST TRY OUT..and DO IT!!

" bitterbynde trilogy" by patricia thornton..i read it during summer, every night before going to sleep..wondefull! and original, not

like all the same-stuff fantasy authoers of today : really refreshing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterbynde check it out...