Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banner Contest!!

64 posts in this topic

Posted

here is my entry hope u like

[img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/Bolero_Of_Fire_Zelda/banner.jpg[/img]

Posted

Very good banner!! Can anyone do better!

Posted

[quote name='Bolero Of Fire' post='147117' date='May 24 2008, 04:16 PM']here is my entry hope u like

[img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/Bolero_Of_Fire_Zelda/banner.jpg[/img][/quote]
Pretty good, but it kinda looks like you used all stock. I'd probably add some more effects. Still, I like it.

Posted

Save as PNG's people! Gosh. D:

Muahahah. My secret weapon (banner) of doom is almost complete >:]

Posted

[quote name='Oh Noes' post='147191' date='May 24 2008, 08:58 PM']Save as PNG's people! Gosh. D:

Muahahah. My secret weapon (banner) of doom is almost complete >:][/quote]
I prefer JPG's. I don't know why, I just do. (PNG's confuse me. XD)

Posted

arcanelord would u want to team up and u add effects or i add dem?

Posted

[quote name='Bolero Of Fire' post='147117' date='May 24 2008, 06:16 PM']here is my entry hope u like

[img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/Bolero_Of_Fire_Zelda/banner.jpg[/img][/quote]

Nice banner, Bolero of Fire, but I think you should add more creatures from the twilight.

Posted

Ok i take criticism well

Posted

Um... Thank You... Hm, I should take that Twilight Creatures things into consideration... Unless you think the banner's okay as it is...

I dunno, I save stuff as pngs A LOT MORE but... I'm more comfortable with jpgs... I don't know why.

Posted

[img]http://xs127.xs.to/xs127/08223/armyoftwilightentreh698.png[/img]

BAHAHAH. >:D How do you like? Done in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.

Posted

Hm... It looks rather nice. ^-^

... I'm tired of my Avatar and Signature... I need to change it ._.

The banner I did... Looks a tad bit Strange... All I really did was piece together an image of SSBB Link on the top... Then TP Link in the Forst... fighting a Bat/Keese... I sorta erased the edges... Placed it under a semi-dark-transparent layer... Did that with an image of Midna on Wolf Link all the way on the left... Then there was that Midna... Aaand... I took those markings that are on the walls of the Twilight Realm... And made it transparent... Layed it over the whole image... And made fancy words.

Posted

man thats s**ts on my work nice job

Posted

soz for double post but now i know what PNG means [u]P[/u]w[u]N[/u]a[u]G[/u]e

Posted

Just to let everyone know you can make more than one or improve the one you already entered.

Posted

PNG's retain everything the original color. If you save under PNG, None of the original art will be lost. None of it. As with JPG, it compresses the file making it look horrible but easy on Dial-up users. Hence, Portable Network Graphics vs. Joint Photographic Experts Group.

PNG: Supports images with millions of colors and produces background transparency without jagged edges. (good)
JPEG: A digital image file format designed for maximal image compression. (bad)

btw, I love graphics. I may be new but I'm still here :P

Most of the designs I've seen so far look nice, but they lack that symmetrical feel.