Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Day at the Beach

3 posts in this topic

Posted

8554pointilism-.JPG

The last creative expression of the school year (and sadly, of my life D:).

It's my rendition of this picture, depicting Link, Zelda and Malon, done in an homage to Seurat's pointilist style. We just finished impressionism, you see, and pointilism was one of the art styles of that period (which was pioneered by the fabulous Seurat), so I decided to do my creative in an homage to him.

The uniformity of the shading kind of suffers because it was all done in individual dots, namely the sky and Zelda's face. Some places were so bad that I actually did that process... What it's called when surgeons take off skin from another part of your body and move it to another place to cover burns and scars? I don't know. Whatever it's called, that's what I had to do (alert: Zelda looks so beautiful because she goes under the knife. Poor girl).

This took about five days... I started it last Wednesday, and I finished it in Japanese this morning. By far the longest time I've spent on any one piece of art.

PS: see if you can spot the Triforce... I see at least four myself.

Posted

Thats great! :D I like it. I dont think I'd have the patience to every single dot. Its cute. :3

I see one Triforce...maybe two.

Posted

Wow, that is really really good!

The only way I can suggest to get better shading would be to add more dots.