Christianity: Saving the world, or bringing pain and suffering to the world?

71 posts in this topic

Posted

King James version.

That link has some interesting information about the King James translation. It was translated to confirm with the church's standards of the time, omitting things and translating things in a deserved manner. Translating is bad enough without skewing it on purpose.

Posted

if you think the bible is anything other than a badly written, fictional novel, you should kill yourself.

if you think god actually exists in more than a spiritual sense, kill yourself. or actually, don't kill yourself. go around killing other people, because god told you to. you demented freak.

the god argument is a long and boring one. i can only propose that god doesn't exist because he can't exist, shouldn't exist and by all means shows no evidence of existing (genocides, anyone? oh right, those babies being burned by the hundreds a day are sinners and deserve to die. his great plan, right? i might propose a question, then: if god has such a plan, what kind of god is he? i'd say god would be a good candidate for satan, given his current set of standards, and, of course, if he actually existed, which he doesn't.) actually, scratch that. some mexican found god in a dorrito or some poo so obviously he exists. my entire theory is wrong. god damn you god, you're so clever!

prove me wrong, assholes. and don't tell me to prove you wrong, my beliefs don't cause global chaos, deathwarsracismhatreddifferenceandintolerance, prove your own poo, or get the **** into the nut house where you belong. here's to hoping by 2020 the world finally takes a stand against this walking dementia that we call religion and outlaws it. i'd bet both of my balls that the world would improve damn fast.

that's all, folks!

-father drew

Y'know what? Go kill YOURSELF, YOU RACIST, SEXIST, SON OF A BI***!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Ok even then how much could have been changed in that time. Try saying something to someone and have them tell someone else and so on for about 100 people. The end result will be differant then the starting comment.

Dude, they didn't rely on anyone else to write the gospel for them, they were his deciples.

if you think the bible is anything other than a badly written, fictional novel, you should kill yourself.

if you think god actually exists in more than a spiritual sense, kill yourself. or actually, don't kill yourself. go around killing othere people, because god told you to. you demented freak.

the god argument is a long and boring one. i can only propose that god doesn't exist because he can't exist, shouldn't exist and by all means shows no evidence of existing (genocides, anyone? oh right, those babies being burned by the hundreds a day are sinners and deserve to die. his great plan, right? i might propose a question, then: if god has such a plan, what kind of god is he? i'd say god would be a good candidate for satan, given his current set of standards, and, of course, if he actually existed, which he doesn't.) actually, scratch that. some mexican found god in a dorrito or some poo so obviously he exists. my entire theory is wrong. god damn you god, you're so clever!

prove me wrong, assholes. and don't tell me to prove you wrong, my beliefs don't cause global chaos, deathwarsracismhatreddifferenceandintolerance, prove your own poo, or get the **** into the nut house where you belong. here's to hoping by 2020 the world finally takes a stand against this walking dementia that we call religion and outlaws it. i'd bet both of my balls that the world would improve damn fast.

that's all, folks!

-father drew

Dude, what's your problem? God didn't tell anybody to hate or kill, he told us to love and forgive. The extremists are people that are suffering from misinterpreptation of God's Word and insanity. I've said it before, judging all religions by the extremists is like judging all Germans by Hitler. It's wrong, and you need to get over yourself! You basically just called everybody that isn't a hatefull athiest an insane idiot! Did you have some traumatic childhood experience with an extremist?Dude, if anyone is suffering from dementia, it might just be you.

King James version.

That link has some interesting information about the King James translation. It was translated to confirm with the church's standards of the time, omitting things and translating things in a deserved manner. Translating is bad enough without skewing it on purpose.

Not everyone uses a king James bible. I don't use a king James bible myself. I use a New International Version.

Posted

Just like in life, religion is causing everyone with differant views to fight! Lets just say we believe differant things and stop trying to change everyones mind. As a spiritualist I am taught no to make you believe what I believe but to help you find your way on your own.

Posted (edited)

Dude, your need to SERIOUSLY think about what your saying and your life. EXTREMELY hard.

Iraq? Yes. Israel and Palestine? Yes. Germany? That was World war 2. Japan? World War 1. Other? Nip. Nada. No. None.

Ever since JK, I haven not fought with a SINGLE person IN MY LIFE. And another thing: Anger and fighting are tow different things.

I haven't EVER fought before. Listen to what that guy said, the keyword's right in there: MISINTERPRETATION.

And we Christians NEVER try to force people to join us. The pope? Even say that and you deserve to be punched.

Dustin, if this bickering goes on anymore, I seriously hope this topic gets locked.

P.S.: "I'm sick of their whining?" Pff, is all I have to say.

Edited by That's Mama Luigi (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I don't enjoy fighting, but drew went and called all of us demented idiots! I don't enjoy arguing, and I would prefer people to not see me as someone who does. I just tried to share facts with you guys.

I already shared the truth with you guys, so I think I'm done with this thread. I'll continue to read it, but I won't post unless I feel I absolutely need to.

By the way, if you want a deep look into other religions, read "dinner with a perfect stranger." It explains many other religions as well as Christianity.

Shadow out.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

Same here I am done with this topic everyone just takes what they think you are saying and turn it around on you. All I have to say is research other religions and see what they are about before you pass your judgment. I have and thats why I can REALLY understand my own religion. Unless you know about all religions you can't possibly understand your own. So goodby to this topic and good luck finding your way!

Posted

mamamea what is with some people and dissing my and every last Christan geez :fear:

Posted

High Five, TOL. (Twilight Oni Link)

Posted

I'm a christian, in fact i am a baptist pastor's son. I don't consider myself as a suporter of close-mindedness. No i do not believe in other religions, but, i am curently in a world religion class so that i can learrn about other religions. i do not support supremisy, christians are no better than anyone else, we are just forgiv3en because we asked for it. I struggle with things like lying, cheating, and other things that i am ashamed of. I am no better than enyone else in this forum. I do not look down on people because they believe something else. A friend of mine is a satanist. We talk. I have another friend who is a necromancer....Whoever. I don't try to press my religion on anyone else, i only suggest, and if you say no...no skin off my nose. I do not appreciate, however, people generalising christians. Just because some are close minded, self righteous jerks doesn't mean we all are. As for our governments. I see less and less "tolerance" for christianity in the last 20 years. Tolerance means to live with something, not always embrace it. Muslims and Hindus and Budhists are protected religions for instance and if they say they are being treated unfairly, they are componsated. A christina speaks out and he is slandered all over the news as an intolerant, close minded jerk who wants all other religions than his own to be abolished and sent to hell. Not true. Christianity is a religion of acceptance and care. I feel my life is ten times better being a christian than it ever was. So i hear from other christians too. If you were a christian and did not feel a good change, you probably weren't a christian in the biblical sense. It is not a religion of rules...it has guidlines for and filling and satisfying life with the guarentee of heaven afterwards.

Posted

Guys, I know I said I was done here, but I felt that I had to return. I just returned from a mission trip to Memphis, and I encountered a feeling like I had never felt before.

Here's the story. It was Wednesday night and there was an optional praise/worship service. At the end they gave us a time to reflect on our lives and actions and sins, and you could just feel a heavenly air fill the room. Everybody was crying and repenting of their sins, including me. I was vercome by a feeling of regret and sadness that I had done the things that I had done, and I was feeling so undeserving of God's grace, love, and forgiveness. That was the point where people started praying over each other and telling them how Jesus loves them enough to take their sin and the punishment that went with it. I was feeling more regret than ever before, and graciously accepted when someone offered to pray with me.

He had golden blond hair and a white shirt on, and his prayer seemed to rattle the shame and sadness from my mind. There were, however, a few things he said that confused me. I had never seen him before, yet he said he had been with my mission group the whole time. He also said that I would have a positive effect on my friends at Comm. Arts. How could he know about my school and my mission group if I didn't know him?

After he stood up and started leaving, I jumped out of my seat and began looking for him. He had to be somewhere in the building because they locked the gates at night. I looked and looked but couldn't find him.

As I thought about his prayer I began to realize that even though I fell short of the glory of God, he forgave me of my sins. I got a warm feeling inside and realized that I had prayed with an angel.

I haven't seen him again yet, but I pray that someday all of you will take the gift that is being offered to you and maybe even meet an angel yourself.

Posted

Crazy stuff.

Posted

I'm a baptised and confirmed Catholic, but really, what does a piece of paper really mean?

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really care. It's really hard to imagine a world without any concept whatsoever of religion.

It's been drummed into me so much.

People should be allowed to believe in what they want to believe in. There is nothing wrong anyone. I mean, seriously - define "normal". Leave everyone else alone, and you'll be fine.

People need to learn to be more diplomatic.

Extremists and supremacy, on the other hand, shouldn't exist. No one should be forced into believing anything other than what they want to.

Posted

Guys, I know I said I was done here, but I felt that I had to return. I just returned from a mission trip to Memphis, and I encountered a feeling like I had never felt before.

Here's the story. It was Wednesday night and there was an optional praise/worship service. At the end they gave us a time to reflect on our lives and actions and sins, and you could just feel a heavenly air fill the room. Everybody was crying and repenting of their sins, including me. I was vercome by a feeling of regret and sadness that I had done the things that I had done, and I was feeling so undeserving of God's grace, love, and forgiveness. That was the point where people started praying over each other and telling them how Jesus loves them enough to take their sin and the punishment that went with it. I was feeling more regret than ever before, and graciously accepted when someone offered to pray with me.

He had golden blond hair and a white shirt on, and his prayer seemed to rattle the shame and sadness from my mind. There were, however, a few things he said that confused me. I had never seen him before, yet he said he had been with my mission group the whole time. He also said that I would have a positive effect on my friends at Comm. Arts. How could he know about my school and my mission group if I didn't know him?

After he stood up and started leaving, I jumped out of my seat and began looking for him. He had to be somewhere in the building because they locked the gates at night. I looked and looked but couldn't find him.

As I thought about his prayer I began to realize that even though I fell short of the glory of God, he forgave me of my sins. I got a warm feeling inside and realized that I had prayed with an angel.

I haven't seen him again yet, but I pray that someday all of you will take the gift that is being offered to you and maybe even meet an angel yourself.

Awesome! It brings me such joy, just listening (or reading, in this case :D) to when people meet angels. Wow... awesome.

I, myself, see Christianity inspiring fear in some hearts, joy in others. Like sunrise and sunset, both it and other religions can be seen as only one half of the sky lit up, or, if you look at just the right moment, the heavens are so bright, so beautiful, when the entire world is at peace. I hope that made sense.

I am a non-Christian, growing up where everybody is devout Catholic. My grandma channels, and my mom and I are pretty certain that the three of us have psycic (dang it, how the heck do you spell that word?) abilities, but at school, many peers have tried converting me to their religion in the past. But not everybody does that; to say such a thing would be stereotypical. And I know that they mean to do me good when they do, but as Princess Zelda put in Minish Cap, "I feel a little sorry for the guy, but that hurt!" Okay, maybe that wasn't the best example; it makes it sound like those people are poor and need help... not what I was going for. But I think you get my point.

Ummm... hmmm... have I proved my point? (glances over post) Yep, point successfully proven. Now, I really should go; it's 3:47 am on the Fourth of July, Independence Day for us folks in the USA. Bye! :)

Posted

Did idiots join this tread while I was gone or what?

Let me make a few points here:

1) God is not wrathful, God doesn