Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

Deadman Wonderland's manga is much better than the anime: the art is nicer, Yoh isn't used at the DW pincushion (seriously, episode 2. Why they suddenly replaced the girl with Yoh I'll never know), and Shiro certainly has a more terrifying vibe (I mean yeah she's supposed to act happy, but not /that/ happy all the time).

But speaking of Deadman, no more English releases of that because Tokypop went under. Gonna go hug all my Fruits Basket volumes in front of my bookshelf and fall asleep in that same position tonight. *le sadness* :[

Not really defend; I didn't say Starry Sky was so utterly amazing. I remember saying it was like a nice lenient watch.

'Course, back then I thought it'd last up to 12 episodes max, not 25. Lawdy.

Also also,

the ending of Ano Hi Mita (no no nonono, not writing out the full title each time xD) episode 4.

tumblr_lk0pulzJSM1qcr441.gif

No really. I kind of don't know how to feel about the ending of the 4th episode. o-o

Posted

Wait, it was only four episodes? What?

Posted

No I mean the ending of episode 4 of the show. Iunno how many eps there will be.

Posted

Just finished watching Millennium Actress. It was okay. Though I think I'd have to put it down as the worst anime movie I've seen. The number of anime movies I've actually seen isn't a huge number though. It was still good, but not great.

I got all the movies I ordered in the post today. Got Summer Wars and Ghost In The Shell to watch still, but I'll leave them for other days. Still have to watch The Little Norse Prince as well. Had it a while but haven't ever got round to watching it. Even though I've watched pretty much all my other movies at least twice or three times each.

Posted

Not really defend; I didn't say Starry Sky was so utterly amazing. I remember saying it was like a nice lenient watch.

'Course, back then I thought it'd last up to 12 episodes max, not 25. Lawdy.

Also also,

the ending of Ano Hi Mita (no no nonono, not writing out the full title each time xD) episode 4.

No really. I kind of don't know how to feel about the ending of the 4th episode. o-o

ya

Starry Sky was bad and you know it.

lol ep 4.

Just watched it.

You know, he should really idk, try to convince them Menma is real? I mean, she can interact with physical objects. Why not be like OK GUYS LOOK and just throw a sheet over her or something. Goodness.

Seriously, though. Pepsi and Nokemon errwherr.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Watching Summer Wars again

Cause it's so damn good

Will watch Ghost In The Shell later maybe idk

Might be too mainstream for me though

Posted

Starry Sky had its good points. :\ Animation-wise, shiny and wonderful. First few episodes-wise, told stories of friends which was nice. The rest of it, wryyyy.

That reminds me, I still gotta watch the Ghost in the Shell 2 movie one of these days. And its anime. =P I must learn who or what The Laughing Man is.xP

I've been downloading Clannad BD episodes recently, so pretty much I've been rewatching a bit of it in the process.

tumblr_lj50bsBX8l1qbq4v6o1_500.gif

Looking forward to AMVing with it. c:

Posted

Starry Sky had its good points. :\ Animation-wise, shiny and wonderful. First few episodes-wise, told stories of friends which was nice. The rest of it, wryyyy.

Like I said, it's literally a straight yaoi. No climax, no point, no meaning. Just a bunch of fluff and no plot coherency. WHO WATCHES AN ANIME FOR THE SHININESS?

Who told you GitS wasn't anime?

That gif is what got me interested in Clannad. Then I learned it was slow paced to the point of being boring.

You didn't remark upon my reflections on Ano Hi Mita Hana wo Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranaiiiiiiiiii.

dick

Sahaqiel

Posted

o-0 I didn't watch it FOR shininess, I said it was a plus. :U

And nono, I mean the GitS TV series anime in contrast to the movies. I still gotta watch the TV series.

Well I've heard that its worth it to watch Clannad just to watch After Story, but really I can't vouch for that since I enjoyed both seasons.

And I didn't really have a comment about it. xD Like, I guess it seems plausible that since she can interact with objects that if you throw a sheet over her you can see her. But then again its anime; they'll probably find some whacked up way to say that when she moves objects only Jin-tan can see her or something, despite how they can sort of feel her when she clings to everyone else. =P

I'm looking forward to how episode 5 is going to play out though when they talk with the cross!playing Menma friend who's name eludes me at the moment.

Posted

That's the thing, though. Dude could be like, "Alright guys. Just stand there. Menma, grab Poppo's leg."

And she'd grab his leg and they'd be like WROARHGARORHGOAHGOHAOHGHO

Either dude would be labeled as a wizard and shunned from fear, a necromancer and shunned from fear, or they'd be like MAYBE HE ISN'T LYING.

Posted

Okay I am posting this here because I am permanently pissed

holRI.jpg

Spirited Away. When they go in, the building is plaster (bottom), when they leave, the building is all stone (top)

I get that a lot of time had passed, but I'm pretty sure nobody replaces a whole building with a different material, that's just dumb. And they'd probably get rid of the car if they were doing that.

And maybe it's a problem with the animators, but you'd think they'd notice after spending so much time drawing all that shit, right?

Personally I like to think that they took the wrong door out. I mean, when they go in, Chihiro looks back and sees there are about three passages back the way. Maybe they took the wrong one out idk.

But also lol keys and the car and shit.

I hate this, you dicks @ Ghibli

Posted

1Hsuf.png

GUTSUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Currently watching the animu, then I'm gonna move onto the manga and give up on it since it's long as shit then come back to it later. But, this anime was totally not what I was expecting. Manga's all like THIS MOTHERpuppyER IS HARDCORE SHIT, but then the anime's like "This is his childhood and before he was like that." It's still pretty awesome, regardless.

Also, opening and ending themes are Engrish and HILARIOUS. Dubs are hilarious, too, of course.

Seems like it's about to start picking up, maybe?? ZUH GURATE EKURIPUSU!! mite b cool?

"She's probably going to the bathroom because it's so cold tonight."

Posted

So Saha, how's Higarashi going :P

Posted

Saddest ending ever. : (

Poor Guts.