Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

Man you're real girly. I prefer stuff for boys, which you think is over rated. You prefer stuff for girls which I think it incredibly boring. Also... *goes into that anime giant headed rage* I'M AN ENVY FANGIRL SO DON'T YOU EVER INSULT FMA IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN. *Attacks Sahaqiel*

Posted (edited)

Well I think I just got my friend hooked on the awesomeness of Ouran High School Host Club lol. :D

I've also started watching this anime called Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu (I know, a very long name.) It's pretty good; about a girl who is perfect: Plays piano perfectly, comes from a rich family, is an honor student, everyone adores her in school etc.) except she has a pretty big secret, and that is that she is a mega anime fan. When a guy named Yuuto finds out, he swears to keep it a secret, and accepts her. They then become good friends (and a sort-of coupling. :3 Well, there's 6 episodes out right now, so nothing huge has happened, but man, they are so effing cute together!! x3)

I'm also watching the anime Bonen No Xamdou, which is excellent (very E7-esque) and the anime Soul Eater (which is something fresh and new, and just awesome. ^^)

I'm also trying to get back into Bleach. I'm on ep 105, but the Bounto crap is boring beyond belief. Yeesh when will they all die!? >_< It also needs more Renji lol.

EDIT: I think I've seen the first 20 or so episodes of FMA, then I stopped because they took it off TV. >_< I should probably watch the rest, since it was a good anime. After all, it was made by Studio BONES, the best anime production studio ever. xD (Or, one of the best, at least. They made E7. And Soul Eater. And Bonen No Xamdou. And Ouran High School Host Club. And Wolf's Rain.)

8D

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

Man you're real girly. I prefer stuff for boys, which you think is over rated. You prefer stuff for girls which I think it incredibly boring. Also... *goes into that anime giant headed rage* I'M AN ENVY FANGIRL SO DON'T YOU EVER INSULT FMA IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN. *Attacks Sahaqiel*

Roflroflroflrofl.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, when released in Japan as the anime, it was the fourth most watched program on television. It's unisex. Lucky Star is also pretty unisex; its broadcasting was biased towards teenage guys. I find it humorous. The Full Metal Panic! series is also unisex in general. No explanation needed.

I'm not insulting it. I think it's overrated. This isn't an insult. Because it's true. Not only that, an overrated anime can still be good, but overrated. Like how TP was good, but overrated by the general public.

Only the hardcore viewers and players can notice flaws or other people's inaccuracies most of the time.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Most people are surprised to find out I watch very little anime, and I read even less manga (the only series I've read all the way through aside the Zelda manga is Love Hina). The only anime I've ever watched are Sailor Moon, Pokemon Kanto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Rurouni Kenshin, Love Hina, and right now, Bleach.

Of course, I've seen bits and pieces of other shows. Zatch Bell, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, etc. There are series I never watched, even when I was in Japan--Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya... People tell me I should watch them.

And Saria, I quite like the Bount arc. :< My personal favorite is Yoshi, and I love the fight between Soifon and that one Bount. Gotta love Cloud, Lilin and Nova. Especially Nova. He's a hot tamale. :) I also like the episode when Matsumoto tries to get Ichigo to let her stay at his house by lifting up her skirt and unbuttoning her blouse.

"Quit that! I'm definitely not that kind of guy!"

"Then why don't you close the gap between your fingers?"

Posted (edited)

And Saria, I quite like the Bount arc. :<

Well, I guess they're alright, but I'm just finding the Bount topic a bit boring. Zzz

My personal favorite is Yoshi, and I love the fight between Soifon and that one Bount. Gotta love Cloud, Lilin and Nova. Especially Nova. He's a hot tamale. :) I also like the episode when Matsumoto tries to get Ichigo to let her stay at his house by lifting up her skirt and unbuttoning her blouse.

"Quit that! I'm definitely not that kind of guy!"

"Then why don't you close the gap between your fingers?"

Nova is really awesome (my favorite of the bunch of dolls. ^^) Lol that episode was really funny. xD

I really like some of the Shinigami Illustrated at the end of each episode of Bleach (well, at least the later episodes.) My favorite would probably be where Byakuya tells a joke and Renji's acts like he's about to faint. XD

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

the island murder episode of haruhi

i love that episode

the phoenix wright reference is just awesome!

Posted

I have no idea what half of the anime things your talking about are.

All I've watched are 'The Studio Ghibli Collection' and bits an pieces of 'Pokemon' when I was younger.

Also I have read 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' Mangas as well as 'The Cat Returns' manga.

That's all.

Posted

MANGA IS ALSO ANIME? Aw come on what isn't anime anymore?

Posted

Animal crap.

Posted

Animal crap.

That's true...

Posted

That it is.

Think before you post. Why el ay.

Posted

I meant cartoon/ comic wise. What else is anime?

Posted

What American anime is there? I think they've made an attempt at it but I'm not sure what it is.

Posted

What American anime is there? I think they've made an attempt at it but I'm not sure what it is.

... Those are called cartoons, just cartoons. Like Avatar the Last Airbender, that's just a cartoon because it looks like anime, but it's american made.

Posted

Yeah, that's what I mean, I always define anime by the style, not who it's made by.