Sex outside of marriage

157 posts in this topic

Posted

What are your stances on sex before or outside of marriage?

Personally, I don't actually plan on waiting until marriage (since from a certain perspective I've already had my share of sexual encounters). It's more of just wanting to wait until I find someone special enough. Despite being religious, I don't really tie it in with anything spiritual, but I still hold a high regard for sex as a very intimate act. And with me still waiting for that first time and view that as an equally special thing, I'm not about to wave it around and give it out like it's nothing. And even if I find a girl (or guy) that I really truly love, it'd probably be a while before I decide if I'm truly ready or not (though I have someone in mind who I'd honestly give it up to). Sex in my opinion just isn't something you rush into just for the sake of having it.

That being said, I personally don't believe in casual sex, friends with benefits, one night stands, etc. But I certainly don't look down upon or think anything less of anyone who does. I can't and I won't speak for everyone, so what I said above I can really only apply to myself. If you choose to abstain or wait until marriage, then that's great. If not, then that's cool too. All I really have to say is just take the proper precautions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy or contracting STDs.

Posted

I don't like the idea of waiting until marriage to have sex... it's something that you must experiment with, that's what I think. It's almost a need, it's instintict in our human nature. I haven't been even close to have sex, and I will wait for the right moment for me, but I think the one night stands and that kind of stuff is just for people who feel that need too hard to control, or maybe it's just more strong.

Though, it feels weird when I look around in my school. More than the half of my classroom already had sex, it was their choice and I respect it, but it's still weird.

Posted

I wouldn't really wait until marriage, maybe engagement. But I believe that if you are truly in love with that person, and you both DO think you're ready, go on. Just be careful. I, also, don't believe in casual sex, one night stands, etc. It's a really intimate act of expression your deepest love, and you can't just go giving that away.

Posted

I agree, it's not just a casual thing, however I believe that it's meant for a husband and wife, personally, but I can respect it if someone decides to do it earlier.

Posted

I believe that waiting untill marriage is important. I wasn't really sure untill 7th grade. I went to a camp that had this wonderful speaker that changed my life. That was when I accepted Jesus Christ into my life, started seeing our society for what it really was (and hating what is considered normal"), and made up my mind about premarital sex. It's adultury, and that's a sin.

I consider myself abnormal when compared with other people and society in general. I have my values, and so do other people.

Posted

for me it is a very normal thing. Maybe its cos im a bit older or maybe its because of my lifestyle. One night stands are good because they are easy. Friends with benefits is even better. Why have a girlfriend / boyfriend when you can get laid by a friend without any costs / arguments or commitments etc.

Posted

If your not married. What the heck! :D

But if you are. then only with your spouse. Otherwise that would be weird.

"Honey?! why is the mailman in his underwear?!"

Scary stuff :embarrassed:

Posted

I believe that waiting untill marriage is important. I wasn't really sure untill 7th grade. I went to a camp that had this wonderful speaker that changed my life. That was when I accepted Jesus Christ into my life, started seeing our society for what it really was (and hating what is considered normal"), and made up my mind about premarital sex. It's adultury, and that's a sin.

I consider myself abnormal when compared with other people and society in general. I have my values, and so do other people.

I thought that adultery was when you cheated on your spouse.That's what I read in the Bible.

I think if you want to do it with the one you want to marry before marriage then do it protected.For unprotected sex,I'd wait until we had good jobs to support a child with.It's definitely not something I'd rush into.

Posted

As long as you love them and they love you its perfectly fine, in my opinion. But I don't look down upon people like Zuzu or anything.

Posted

My mistake. I meant lust, which is also a sin.

Sex outside of marriage means having sex with someone that is not your spouse, so adultery would also fall into that category.

Posted

In a way I agree with Shadowknight, I believe it's a big sin, however I can easily except someone who doesn't agree. Same goes for lot's of things. I can't be hating the people. :D

Posted

That is so not an issue in my family. My sister became pregnant with her first son (my nephew) when she was a senior in highschool. I was 13 and in middle school at the time now he's 13 (today in fact). I also have two nieces, these are the best kids in the world if anybody ever harms them, no force on earth will protect them fron me. And getting back to your question, how can something that feels so INCREDIBLE, be considered sinful!

Posted

The idea of 'waiting for marriage' is a strange one for me, as I don't believe marriage is the be all and end all of a relationship. Sex is a normal thing for people to do, and sexual feelings are a normal and important part of a relationship.

If people want to have casual sex and one night stands, then fine. It's not my lifestyle, but as long as people understand the consequenses then OK.

Posted

Marriage isn't a be all end all by any means, but it's a good way to guarantee you won't get any diseases from someone since both spouses get a blood test to check for diseases. Also, waiting until marriage is delayed gratification, which always makes things better.

Posted

My view seems to be pretty similar to the majoritory here, I don't see why it should be a necessity to wait until after marriage to have sex. Getting married is normally a till the end of your life thing (discounting divorce), wheras having sex has completely seperate connotations.

However, I would only want to do it with someone special, especially so for the first time.