Sex outside of marriage

157 posts in this topic

Posted

If I stay abstinent until marriage, then I wouldn't mind. :) I'm currently saving my virginity until I'm ready, though I would give it up to my girlfriend since she really is truly special to me. One Night Stands or stuff like that is cool, but that's not for me. I'm only into serious relationships and the romance. :embarrassed: Sex outside of marriage is definatley something I don't believe in or want to do. =/

Posted

Jesus Christ it's not like sex is some kind of religious ceremony :unsure: It's just sex.

Posted

I don't believe in That Sexual stuff

Posted

Jesus Christ it's not like sex is some kind of religious ceremony :unsure: It's just sex.

But you only have one virginity.

Posted

I say it should be reserved for marriage...

Posted

Ehhhhh... Stripers Are just desprete for sex even if it illeagle

Posted

I no longer believe in 'waiting' for that some one special to have your virginity, I used to think this, because I was young, stupid and obviously a virgin. So I waited, passed up a few chances with randoms and/or people who weren't special enough and eventually met that 'special someone' at the age of 16.

now fast forward to today (4-5 years later), and this 'some one special' who was very special to me at the time, I now want to brutually murder. Luckily for her, she moved away shortly after we broke up.

So I am still a little bitter :P... but my point is - Why wait for that some one special if one week, three months or five years later you could totally regret it anyway?

why wait for so long when it could backfire anyway? There was no way of knowing at the time that things would turn out like this, but they did, and similar things will happen to some of you.

I think just about all of you will change your minds once you get a steady partner. Society very much encourages sex. I think its only the strongly religious who will actually wait til marriage.

Ehhhhh... Stripers Are just desprete for sex even if it illeagle

I wish that were true. I honestly do.

Posted

It is true I have ten examples. Just listen to the news and The radio

Posted

Personally, I don't support sex outside of marriage, but I have nothing against anybody who decides that they don't want to wait. It's all a matter of preference, and I think everybody's choice should be respected... but, by "everybody", I mean everybody who is old enough to deal with the consequences, physical and emotional- of what may happen when they choose to have sex.

Some people see sex as "just sex" and nothing more. I, on the other hand, view it as a something beautiful and romantic... allow me to provide a quote from Bicentennial Man: "...you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there. That's a miracle. You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love."

That's probably the best way to describe how I see it, and that's why I feel that sex outside of marriage isn't right for me.

Posted

But you only have one virginity.

Well, I can't disagree with that ^^,

Posted

I no longer believe in 'waiting' for that some one special to have your virginity, I used to think this, because I was young, stupid and obviously a virgin. So I waited, passed up a few chances with randoms and/or people who weren't special enough and eventually met that 'special someone' at the age of 16.

I think just about all of you will change your minds once you get a steady partner. Society very much encourages sex. I think its only the strongly religious who will actually wait til marriage.

I completely agree with Zuzu on this. That 'someone special' still meant something when it happened, even if the relationship is over. It was 'special' and important at the time, and a sign that you care(d) a lot for someone, which to me cannot be a bad thing.

I think having a long-term/steady partner might change some peoples views. You will want to show how much you love them, and sex is a lot cheaper than marriage :P. All joking aside, if you still abstain, then I respect your self-control.

Posted

I came in here to say something noteworthy, only to discover that several articulate responses were already here, which pretty much sum up my opinion. So instead, I'll just say that sex is fun, if you're careful. Carry around a condom with you, just in case.

Posted

Have to agree with zuzu.... I know a lot of people who waited for that special someone... and now they hate them, or the sex sucked badly. Sex is natural but be safe and don't have it with your enemy. I think waiting until you're with someone you're comfortable with and can trust for your first time is good though. :) I think that like love, sex can be had in different ways. One night stand sex to get off is different than 'in love, lets spend the rest of ours lives together' sex. You dont have to give one type up to have the other.

Posted

there's no logic behind it, it's just a principle kind of thing...

Posted

Guys, I have a problem with the statement, "It's okay as long as you wait for that one special person." Is your spouse not the most important person in your life on earth? Will anyone be more important or special to you than them?