Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is your favourite dungeon(s) of the series?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm doing some.. research. Yeah, let's call it that.

Anyway, discuss your favourite dungeons.

Be as specific as possible:

- What do you like?

- What don't you like?

- Which dungeon music do you like?

- Which bosses do you like?

- What puzzles do you like?

etcetera.

Posted

Catfish's maw (from Link's Awakening) and Jabu Jabu's belly (from OoT and Oracle of Ages) were cool. I like the way they're unique from the other dungeons by being inside an animal instead of a cave or castle. What I don't like though, is how easy the bosses are in each of those dungeons.

I don't like the first three dungeons from LttP very much. They're harder than most early dungeons, but they're too boring and generic compared to later dungeons in the game.

In terms of music, Ice Cavern (OoT), the Forest Temple (OoT), The Fire Temple (OoT), all the dungeons in Zelda 2, Mermaid's cavern (Oracle of Ages), and the Palace of Twilight/ Twilight Realm (TP) were all good.

My favorite boss and my favorite puzzle from the games is eeasily Smog from Oracle of Ages, since the battle was more of a puzzle instead of a regular boss fight.

Posted

Mine would have to be Turtle's Rock in LA,

the first few times through is confusing enough even to a master Zelda player, even when you memorize it the monsters and puzzle are enough to keep you on your toes

Posted

I like the final dungeons in pretty much all of the games.

Most of the time, the bosses were just to easy to beat.

However, smack them all together like in twilight and the dungeon's beast!

Posted

Forest Temple, OOT.

I like the feel... and I like the vines and stone, making it seem pleasant and kinda ancient, plus the mysterious ghosty rooms and creatures. Also, I love the bow and the boss.

Palace of Twilight, TP.

Awesome atmosphere and it's pretty straight forward and not random, but had some good puzzles.

Umm... can't think of any others right now.

Posted

also

Fire Temple OOT master quest

you fight two iron knuckles at once, without nayru's love, it's a challenge

Posted

oh yeah, and the mirror shield in the Earth Temple from WindWaker, I thought that one was pretty freaking cool... mirrors and stuff.. and the big maze room where you had to reflect the light practically EVERYWHERE!

Posted

I like all of the dungeons in ALttP OoT, and MM.

Even though I enjoyed WW, I did not like the dungeons that much; the puzzles were too, too easy as well as the bosses.

One reason I liked MM dungeons so much is that they were a challenge for me, and I like it when a Zelda dungeon is challenging.

TP dungeons were nice, too. They were not easy like WW's, but not as hard as MM's or ALttP.

All of OoT's dungeons have the best music of any Zelda game in my opinion.

Posted

I think Arcanelord nailed it pretty well with the OoT Forest Temple. My favorite temple out of all the games.

Posted

Of the entire series? It'd probably be... Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass. The different techniques you use as you progress through the dungeon really keep it interesting. Tied with that, I think, would be Ganon's Tower from A Link to the Past. Those two dungeons keep me amused.

As for music, I love the music from ALttP's Eastern Palace. More than that, though, I love the Hyrule Castle theme, but I don't know if you'd want to count that as dungeon music or not. Boss-wise, I've always been fond of OoT's truly epic finale with Ganon. The rubble of Ganondorf's lair, the ominous cloud cover, the pit of lava, and Zelda's cries all made for one of the most memorable boss battles of all time.

Lastly, I think the most difficult dungeon (aside from anything in Adventure of Link) was ALttP's Ice Dungeon. I was pretty young when it came out, and I found it quite difficult... that is, until I figured out I could just go to the swamp and get the cane beforehand.

Posted

Earth Temple from WW beats all. If only they would make a Master Quest for WW, then the mirror puzzles would have to be solved all over again. :joy: That would be SO cool! Not, likely, though. :( Forest Temple was pretty fun, though, and the WW Wind Temple was cool, especially Molgera's theme. :wacko:

Posted

The whole general layout of Phantom Hourglass's dungeons was really cool. You don't stop, you don't backtrack; you just keep going until you get to the end. The Wind Waker's Earth Temple was also incredible, ending with a massively entertaining boss battle. Obese Poes make the world go 'round.

In terms of music, Molgera's theme from The Wind Waker's Wind Temple was most memorable indeed. Majora's Mask's Stone Tower Temple had great music not so much for the original arrangement, but moreso for endless remix possibilities, being that there are clearly defined parts for every instrument involved.

In terms of the general entertainment of dungeons, Twilight Princess was a little bland. I was almost thankful when one was over and done with, and I almost didn't want to start another. These feelings were reversed in Phantom Hourglass, which has the most entertaining dungeons in my mind. Oracle of Ages was also pretty close to this, being more puzzle-heavy than a lot of other games in a good way.

Lastly, I think the most difficult dungeon (aside from anything in Adventure of Link) was ALttP's Ice Dungeon

Yeah, I don't know why, but I had a very hard time in there. For some indescribable reason. Almost more than Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. Almost.

Posted

My favorite is probaly the Stone Tower. Its hard super hard (especially if you're finding fairies) the music is fantastic, you flip the entire temple upside down, the bosses are great, it has enough in its design for some guy called Hylain Dan to write an amazing theory about.

I also liked Snowpeak because it was so different from any other dungeon in the past.

Many of Ocarina of Time's temples could hold this spot too, because they all had such a distinct atmosphere that was so different from every other dungeon.

I haven't gotten very far in A Link to the Past, but so far its dungeons are brutal.