Ninjatoes' papercraft OoT Zelda model!

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I've finished this about a week ago. My first real papercraft experience, to tell you the truth. :embarrassed:

But it feels nice when you look at the result of your efforts, that's for sure!

zelda_IMG_9196_3.jpg

zelda_IMG_9159.jpgzelda_IMG_9155.jpg

zelda_IMG_9193.jpg

For those who are interested, models are here

And yes, they added 'OoT Adult Link and Epona' model about a month ago! I'm going to make it next, wish me luck! :joy:

Posted

Woah. great job! :D I dont think I'd ever have the patience to do that. XD I've seen these before, but never one completed. (Exept for the ones already shown.) Must've taken awhile, huh?

Posted (edited)

Woah. great job! :D I dont think I'd ever have the patience to do that. XD I've seen these before, but never one completed. (Exept for the ones already shown.) Must've taken awhile, huh?

Thank you! :) Well, it took almost 5 months total... but it's not that I was in mood to do this every evening, you know ;) So it could've done A LOT faster if I had a time limit, I think. But maybe the quality could go down if I hurry too much.

Edited by Rechka (see edit history)

Posted

Thats amazing! 5 months to do? Thats true dedication.

Posted

That is amazing. Great work. Im really impressed, can we expect another one in 5 months time?

Posted

Wow. These are amazing. The N62 ones probably look best. I love the Adult Link and Epona one. Think about how hard it'd be to design these! I might try to construct Majora's Mask or something. . .

Posted

Thats amazing! 5 months to do? Thats true dedication.

Thank you!) But as I said, it took 5 months from start to finish, but there were a lot of delays between them. I've heard there's a guy who made Young Link model from the same site in just 16 hours! That's really impressive, if it's true. But anyways, I doubt it was his first model ever ;)

That is amazing. Great work. Im really impressed, can we expect another one in 5 months time?

Glad to hear that, thank you! :) As for the next one... actually, I was going to find UV-resistant ink to print next model parts. You know, I don't want to see how Epona will become green or blue in a year. >_> But right now I have no idea where I can buy them. On the other hand, I already have all parts for the MM- Young Link model cut out. So I don't know, should I continue with the Young Link model (that will lose colors in a year or two), or try to find that UV-resistant ink somehow and make an Adult Link&Epona model? What do you think?

Posted

You could practice by doing the Young Link one since it looks much easier and you already cut everyone thing out and meanwhile search for the special ink then begin construction on the Epona and Adult Link sculpture.

Posted

Think about how hard it'd be to design these! I might try to construct Majora's Mask or something. . .

Yeah, I've always thought about that during working on this one! Do you have any idea how they do it? Any special program or something? And it would be great if you'll find the way to construct those models! Maybe we could make some new ones that no one have done before... :rolleyes:

You could practice by doing the Young Link one since it looks much easier and you already cut everyone thing out and meanwhile search for the special ink then begin construction on the Epona and Adult Link sculpture.

I know, it's the most rational way. The problem is I don't like Young Link model that much. Don't ask why :embarrassed: I like Young Link, I just don't like this model. I didn't know there's Adult Link model when I started with it. Ok, maybe I'll continue with it and if it will be good, I'll give it to my friend who's playing MM now ^_^ And also, I don't think it's easier. Faster to do, maybe, but some parts seems to be more difficult.

Posted

Wow, That is art right there...

Posted

those are awesome. :crazy:

Posted

ive almost finished the Majora's mask, next im gonna try Link/Epona

Posted

wowthat is very impresive ive never seen anything else like that it would probly take me year but i'm not that persistant :embarrassed: in a month i'd go crazy

Posted (edited)

Whoa, that's simply amazing! A real masterpiece, great job! =D

5 months!? Whoa, AarghZombies is right! True dedication right there. ^_^

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Aw, thank you all for your comments! So nice! ^_^ I'm working on this OoT Adult Link model right now. There are no instructions, only parts, so it's like a 3D puzzle at the same time! Makes it a real challenge :gotsword:

Edited by Rechka (see edit history)