Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doubtful Love-A Continutation

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Well done, once again~ For both chapters. Fantastic~

Posted

"Link; he'd changed into a raggedy white shirt and baggy pants"

...I don't know why, but I really want to draw that.

Anyway, good job on this chapter, like all the others. It's great.

Posted

Lol. Vivi, you've got quite the fan base going.

But y'know what story would become even more popular. . .

*Cough*OOTFGXG*Cough* Excuse me. . .

Posted

Another great piece of work Vivi.

Link in a white shirt and baggy pants... If you do draw it UZF, could I see it when your done?

Posted

Omg.

I want that book. XD

Anyways, great work once again! Aw, poor SkullKid (don't leave, Link!)

I really like how you tied in the book to their present situation. Nice way of weaving it in.

This just keeps getting better and better, can't wait for the next chapter! :D

Posted

Oh no! Don't leave, Link... I love that idea with the story.

Posted

Not bad. A good story.

Posted

Aw, Link's not so expressionless after all.

Write more. Or I will find you.

And... do something.

Posted

NO U.

The next chapter might take while, though...

I know what I want it to lead into,

But I'm not sure HOW to lead it.

<<;

It'll be up by...

At least Wednesday, I hope.

Posted

Ah man. This better not end like the book they found! Lol.

Kafie is awesome. Anju too.

And jees. This story is stressful. I can't wait until the next chapter, except I dread the end of the story. You should be an author or something, Vivi.

Once you're done with SKxL, you should write another about some other Zelda pairing.

Are you going to bring Navi into this story anymore?

Posted

^/ / /^ I dunno Merch; I dunno if they'd like my stories... after all, there's always at least ONE gay character... AND DA MAN DON' LIKE DAT.

Hmm...

That's an idea.

Thanks.

Posted

Push-ah. We all love your stories! The Man can go to hell.

Plus, its better than a story about a gay fish and giant. ;)

Posted

Hi everyone; I finally started the next chapter...

<3 I'm dedicating this one to Cirt. She's been having hard times, and I think she could do with some hugs, waffles, and cheering up.

Forgive me if this chapter is strange; I was writing a Wall-E x EVE fic at the same time, so I may have slipped a 'she' instead of a he by accident...

By the way.

Go see Wall-E. I demand it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I haven't been in this part of town for AGES, SkullKid..."

Link walked in a sort of relaxed fashion. He felt like a normal person for once; he didn't have any jobs to do... he was doing just what he wanted. A normal life. No one was bothering him about the world ending. It's not like he didn't care; it's just that it was a LOT of hard work, and everyone expected you to do it... He hated being the hero, to a point... it did have its perks, but still...

This was a nice change.

To be with his...

His...

He hated this problem... what is he?!

SkullKid shrugged, trying to look cheerful. The book was still on his mind, and he figured, why not take a walk to get it off his mind? He did that a lot, while in the forest... it often helped.

But Link asked if he could come along.

He'd surprised him, so he couldn't say he would have preferred to be alone. After all, it was half about him that this problem came up...

It's not like he didn't enjoy his company, though.

He always loved it.

The two had been walking for a while now, just watching the daily town life. The Bombers were causing a tiny bit of trouble over at the bomb shop, they were refused a bag of bombs because they were too young. Personally, Link that this was a good idea; who knew what they would have done? They stalked the Postman for a bit, just to annoy him to the point of throwing some of his letters at them. He suddenly panicked and started picking up his mess of papers. They were about to talk into the Southern part of Clock Town, after helping him with his letters...

Though, Link saw something before SkullKid could catch up.

Blue cloak, green boots, and messy yellow hair that tumbled past the boy's shoulders...

He was speaking with a construction worker about the tower as they took it down, done for the year with it.

And who should be floating with the boy...

But a certain fairy?

A pale blue, Kokiri fairy that he'd known for most of his 12 year old (and 19 year old) life...

Navi.

"Link...? LINK!" SkullKid shouted his name after him as he bolted at the new traveller, yelling viciously at him. He was frightened; he'd never seen his friend so angry.

"YOU!"

The traveller turned, revealing green skin and strange marks on his cheeks. His blue eyes widened; in a matter of seconds, the unknown stranger was on the ground, a loud scuffle is what it became. The fairy began to squeal out of fear; the construction worker stepped back, looking unsure of the sudden ruly child.

The imp rushed over, grabbing Link by the arms and trying to pull; but he felt himself fall on top of the Hylian as he pounced forward again.

"You took her, I needed her, why did you take her?!"

"It wasn't my choice!" the stranger replied, his voice sounding much younger than it should. SkullKid growled angrily, finally managing to yank Link off of him.

He inspected him to find that he had a few cuts on his face, and a tear across his sleeve. Otherwise, they both seemed rather unharmed.

"S-sorry about--"

Link gave him a vicious glare that made him drop him, jumping back in alarm. SkullKid felt himself shake at the knees; the aura of anger was pulsing ragefully off of him. It would have made him cry, were he not so frightened in the first place...

"Don't apologize to him... he's the one that took her; he took Navi!"

The fairy looked around guiltily; SkullKid gazed intently at her pretty blue glow... so that was Navi. She didn't seem that harmful... in fact, she looked a little cute.

"Link... we've been over this..." she looked somewhat guilty, her wings floating low. She stared back at the SkullKid; she seemed confused as to why he was here.

Link's face was already covered in tears. He was still glaring at the boy; he didn't seem like a bad person, but SkullKid could understand what Link was feeling...

"I know; but he still TOOK you..." He looked up at her, chewing on his lip as he shivered. "I thought you said you loved me. You'd become like a sister to me..."

The traveller shrugged, and walked over to the imp. He blushed lightly, and backed up; the boy was staring at him in what seemed to be a fascinated way.

"Name's Muds..." He held out his hand, but Link suddenly seemed to materialize behind SkullKid, grabbing him by the waist and holding him close. The teen blushed furiously; Link was actually... jealous?

"Yeah, and his is SkullKid. Don't touch."

Before anything else could be said, Link was dragging SkullKid back to East Clock town, ignoring Navi's yells and apologies. He was obviously bitter, and looked close to snapping if SkullKid made any comments about the previous event.

The imp felt somewhat uncomfortable, when Link finally let go of his waist and hand. He wringed both hands together, staring down at his feet as they made their way into the Inn. Link threw a pile of rupees up onto the counter, startling Anju, and continued his way upstairs.

He had to say something.

Seeing Link this down... it wasn't right...

"Link?"

Oh God, his voice.

It sounded so unlike his own... they stopped outside their door. Link stared at him, leaning against the wall and arms crossed. He seemed to have calmed down a bit, but the sadness stage was starting to come up... SkullKid was determined to stop that from happening.

"..I'm.. sorry about Navi.."

Link shook his head.

"It's not your fault--"

The imp grabbed his hands, gently pulled him forward. The Hylian was startled, his heart was hammering again like it did, when he was sick yesterday...

"No, I mean it. Even if it isn't my fault."

He let go of his hands, instead choosing to rest them on both sides of his face. Link felt himself blushing; the tears were deciding to come out now, and landing between the groves of SkullKid's thumbs and index fingers...

It was like he was catching his tears.

"Tatl and Tael are still here, y'know. They.. t-they missed you; they talked about you when you were gone.. especially Tatl.." SkullKid felt himself smile. "Even if she doesn't s-show it... she loves you lots."

Link chuckled wetly, putting one of his own hands on the wooden hand touching his face. He closed his eyes... the world felt hazy around him.

The imp felt it was safe to get a bit closer, doing so.

"A-and I.. I'm here, as long as you want me here."

Link's eyes shot open, to see the two yellow eyes staring up at him. The blush on his face only grew more obvious...

"...Of course."

And the walls fell.

SkullKid wrapped his arms around Link's neck, on his toes to reach his face. For once, being short came in handy; he felt safe in the taller boy's arms, no one would be able to hurt him... He felt his arms around his waist, to keep him from stumbling. The smell of the forest was on the both of them; even if they've been in the city, you can't take that away from them. The salty taste of his tears that had ran down his lips lingered; he couldn't figure out what made it so nice...

Forest-born boys... just stuck in damn young love.

Damn young love!

It made him feel ways he didn't know how to respond to; just this way...

He remembered; the book, the kiss... oh god..

Only maybe, there would be no ending...

What happened that caused them to stop kissing again...?

What was it... hmm..

"..oh my God.."

Oh yes.

It was the princess.

"I knew it." The young mother who lived across the hallway glared angrily at the both of them. Oh, her. The mom of that family that Kafei warned him about... SkullKid felt himself shaking in terror, his face somewhat pink. Link's hair was somewhat ruffled; SkullKid was too tempted to touch it a bit during the kiss...

"Corrupted little boy; demon boy as it is!" she declared, pointing at SkullKid. His heart hammered; tears were rolling down his own face. Link shot something back in retaliation, but he couldn't hear.

The imp was running from his problems again, as he rushed downstairs and out the door, alone...

There was only one place he wanted to be right now...

Where the world couldn't get him..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-cries- Poor Skullkid...

Sorry about the major OOCness.

But this isn't the last time Muds and Navi show up.

OH, AND JUNELY FOOLS, UZF! It's not the end! ;P I'm sure you figured that out, though.

Posted

"Yeah, and his is SkullKid. Don't touch."

xD Favorite part.

And damn that homophobic woman! They're justt kiiiids.. ._.

And Navi! Meh. She was useless anyways, even in OoT. xD

Anywho. Yaaay Vi~ ^^

Posted

I got so pissed at that woman. SO PISSED.

And that's also my favorite part. XD