Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doubtful Love-A Continutation

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

doggiepooES. MOTHERFRICKINGHOMOPHOBICS. I WILL FIND THEM AND EAT THEM AND STUFF.

That is all.

Edited by Jikklop R. H. Byrne (see edit history)

Posted

Wow. Lots of drama in this chapter? :)

Skullkid should go talk with Carl, Simon, Luis, and Pedro (The four giants.) They'd comfort him. :biggrin:

And that lady wasn't very nice. Poor Muds though. Not only is he stuck with Navi, but he got beat up by Link too. And he didn't get to introduce himself to Skullkid.

Posted

Lol "And his is Skullkid. Don't touch."

Poor, jealous Link. I also feel sort of bad for Muds.

The ending is so sad, though!! Poor Skullkid. Link, go after him now. XD

Also, sorry for reading this a little late, I've been busy.

Posted

What happens next, Vivi?

Posted

Yeeeah, Vivi. :<

Posted

Vivi! :o

Posted

*cups hand around mouth and yells into a large dark hole in the ground*

VIVI!!! YOU THERE!?

*tosses rope down hole, just in case*

Hope you continue the story!

Posted

*Bump!*

Posted

btmigetmibh

XD

Sorry, guys, I've just not been in a very Zelda-like mood...

But here we are.

I'll try to get the next chapter out by at least, tonight. Earlier, probably, if my fingers are quick.

Posted

<3 I can't get over the 'catching his tears' part. I really can't. I can't draw it, either; but this is my writing ability we're using here, not art.

He would... if he could, I bet. How could he, though...? :unsure: Carl's off with his fish friend, thanks to you, Merch..

Yeah, I suppose Muds did get the worse side of it, now that I seriously look at it. XD; But Navi is portrayed as just doing her job here; I don't hate Navi at all. I just needed her for drama use! (And I like her more than Tatl... heyTatlxNavi

-KILLED-)

Lulz.

Anywho...

Next chapter:

AWAY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did he do that?

He was sick of the tears, the worrying, the unsureness of feelings... All he knew is that he wanted to kiss the teen; anything to make Link feel better...

"So you're the one who set up the ladder out there?"

But seeing as SkullKid was supposedly alone, he hadn't expected anyone to disturb him just now. The imp twisted around, stuck in his sitting position, only to see the familiar green skin with the out-of-place markings. He whimpered softly to himself, and backed himself into one of the curves of the large circle-shaped area the two had gathered in.

"What're you doing here... This is MY hide-out!" he hissed, feeling a slight flame of anger start to burn for this boy. Muds stared at him, standing a good distance away. At least he had some respect for personal space.

"I saw you come up here. You were rather easy to see against the paint of the building."

SkullKid wasn't entirely sure how to reply. Was Muds the only one to have seen him come up here numerous times, to get away from the world; to get away from fear?

"So where's Navi?" he finally uttered, trying to break the silence. He didn't like how Muds always seemed to be looking right at him, like he knew something.

"Downstairs."

And of course, his answers were always quick, and in a somewhat discomforting way.

"..oh."

SkullKid kept his gaze to the ground, refusing to look up at the confusing eyes as he pulled his legs to his chest. He'd been sitting like this for so long; his spine was sore from the slight stretch and it was yelling at him for continuing. But the thing when you were unsure and confused, you didn't realize just how painful and achey you were until you were pulled out of it.

"And where's Link?"

The imp felt his insides burn a little more with hostility towards this unknown man. He knew it was unfair to judge him so quickly, but it was a prejudice after hearing what Link had to say.

"I don't know." And that was the truth; even though SkullKid felt he didn't need to, Link had most likely left the inn and was probably out looking for him... he just wished he didn't.

Muds merely nodded, still staring intently at him.

"... He was mighty protective of you."

He made an impatient noise and finally looked up at the green-skinned traveller.

"What's it to you?"

Muds only smirked, and shrugged his rather thin looking shoulders. SkullKid leapt up, feeling his wood-like hands flex angrily.

"Do you think it's funny, that... that maybe he... I dunno, l-likes me?" The boy couldn't bring himself to say the other l word. He knew inside that he loved Link, at least, now he did, but still couldn't say the same for the Hylian, no matter how many kisses they may have shared.

"No. I find it funny that he loves you."

Muds face contorted into an awkward smile (though it looked more like a sneer), as he stepped forward and forced the imp to his feet, much to his surprise and dislike.

"W-what makes you say that...?" he squeaked. Even against his own hopes, his heart hammered at the thought of the possibility that Link just might...

"Kid, I'm a traveller." The teen started dusting the imp off, again causing him to resist due to the fact he didn't wished to be touched. "I've SEEN things like this happen; you're crying like he just dumped you or something!" He stopped, suddenly, looking at him seriously, "He didn't, did he?"

"H-how can he if we never even got together?!"

"Oh yeah..."

"Well, anyway--"

Before Muds had a chance to continue, there was a rather loud crash that was followed by a shriek. SkullKid managed to pull the teen off of him, and ran to the space where the ladder is-- or rather, was.

"Oww..."

And of course, with his luck...

It was Link that had fallen with the ladder. Despite the fact that the Hylian seemed to be in pain, he couldn't help but smile.

"You alright?"

"Well, I'm on the ground, and writhing around 'cos it's the new 'cool' thing in Terminia."

"...really?"

"No! But I'll get over it."

SkullKid looked over his shoulder, but didn't see the teen he was recently speaking to... it almost seemed like he flew away with the wind; which was blowing rather heavily at his hat right at this moment.

"Link, could you put the ladder back?"

The Hylian smirked, instead putting the ladder to the side, much to the SkullKid's surprise. "Uh, Link?"

"I have a better idea; the rain's coming pretty quick, so why don't I catch you?"

The imp stared at him, thoughts of the words 'you're crazy' or 'he must have lost his mind' circling his brain. He looked at just how long the drop is; would Link be able to even hold him without his arms buckling?

"Link..."

"Don't you trust me?"

Of course he did!

... he just didn't trust his strength. Finally, the SkullKid just gave up, and swung his legs over the space, about to push himself off the wooden surface...

He held onto his hat, feeling the wind whip around him as if it were about to eat him; it wasn't the fall that hurt, it was the landing...

But it never came.

Just two soft hands, one under his legs and the other at his upper back. Opening his eyes, there were the two blue ones that still held concern.

"And here I thought you might be upset..."

SkullKid only shook his head, and buried himself in the teen's chest. Even in the rain, tomorrow would be another day to worry... it didn't have to be today.

:DDDDD

I DID IT.

Sorry how slow this chapter seems, but angst to sudden hopes makes a not so easy chapter. Hey...

I wanna write the next chapter now...

Oh.

And I dedicate this one to Cirt, again. <3 I wanted to cheer her up so badly. I hope I'm not too late?

Edit: YES, I'M WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER AS I SPEAK.

D: Please check back for it throughout the day; I don't wanna have to message you all again. XD

Posted

=D

Like I said.

Anyway, the last chapter shouldn't be too far off... We'll see if Skullkid's storybook is really something to worry about, won't we?

The two had stayed out in the rain, laughing, still playing... at heart, the two were still children; the Hylian had seen so much and even experienced adulthood once, he rarely found time to be a child. But it seemed SkullKid was just the person to bring that to him.

At one point, they'd even run to the laundry pool and each tried to push the other into the water.

Surprisingly, SkullKid won, and was rather high and mighty about it on the way back to the inn. Either way, he'd gotten another kiss (this time, INSIDE the room so the woman next door didn't catch them like she seemed to try to be doing). And even though he was extremely cold (not to mention a bit damp), the flood of warmth from his heart then brought all the warmth he needed.

But feeling alone again as Link went downstairs to rescue his green clothes from the assaulting rain (why they put it out on a line OUTSIDE the inn, where people could climb up onto the second floor and steal them, SkullKid couldn't figure out), he pulled the covers of his bed close around him, shivering. Tatl and Tael appeared to be asleep--

"So I see you two made up?"

Well, Tael was, anyway.

SkullKid sighed to himself, and closed his eyes. "We didn't fight."

Tatl giggled. "I know."

She fluttered over to join him, and landed on top of his head. "I don't think he'll be able to leave, if that's what you're thinking again."

SkullKid felt his head jerk up suddenly in surprise. How did she know...? The fairy was ringing happily at his shocked expression. He felt a need to grab all four of her little wings just to stop that annoying sound, but didn't move.

"You left the book open to the ending page when you ran out and Link went after you."

Tatl flew under the bed quickly, and started dragging out the book; and indeed, it was still on the last page that had caused him to panic so much...

"...why do you think he won't leave?" SkullKid asked softly, looking at the fairy with begging eyes. The room was awfully dark; the fire was starting to disappear and the best source of light was her.

"He's been here this long, SkullKid," Tatl replied, her light brightening even more, "And he's spent ALL his time with you... Piece it together; you're the one keeping him here."

The imp felt self-concious all of a sudden, even though the kind eyes looking at him weren't judgeful ones.

"I... I guess I am."

The door was pushed open, the hero being the one who shoved it open. He seemed rather disgruntled; yep, his green clothes were soaked pretty much to the point of still dripping.

"Thanks for opening the door."

SkullKid giggled at him gently, before running over to the fire to fix up the wood so the tunic could dry over there. Link, following him, put them down, and made his way over to the bed again. Unsure of where to sit now, SkullKid merelu sat by the fire, the coldness immedietly being swept from his still shivering body.

"You coming back or what?"

The imp looked up at Link, who was smiling back and patting the space beside him. SkullKid stared warily at his hand, but got up and obeyed, taking the seat beside him. Now the room felt even MORE warm...

"..do you like being here with me?" he asked softly, looking up at the Hylian. He raised his eyebrows, but nodded.

"I love it here with you, why?"

The wood-faced teen started to squirm somewhat uncomfortably. "I... I was wondering if you'd ever have to leave..."

As he said this, the room went quiet with a stoney silence. Even Tatl, feigning sleep, forgot to fake a snore.

"...I... I guess I will have to... Someday."

Link suddenly didn't seem that eager to go anywhere. He realized, thinking to himself... Hyrule wasn't as inviting as it once seemed. Terminia was still a whole new world, with people who respected him even if he was a child now and still remembered his good deed; no guards to throw him out of castles or princesses who just forgot about you after using you...

And there was Tatl, joking and good-natured, if a bit harsh...

Tael, naive and comforting...

Kafei, a good, grown-up man now...

Anju, kind, if clumsy...

And of course:

SkullKid.

SkullKid; what was he? Well, to Link, at the very moment? Everything. He could make him laugh, he showed him true fun, he was cute... and he waited for him to come back, like he'd promised.

Not to mention he wasn't a bad kisser.

"Link?"

The Hylian was shaken out of his thoughts by the very imp himself, to see two worried eyes staring back at his. All of a sudden, he felt very playful; before SkullKid knew what had happened, he was tackled and pinned against the mattress, a growl thrown in for good measure. He squeaked in a mix of terror and joy in response, but found himself unable to get the teen off.

"You're not getting rid of me anytime soon."

No, this isn't the end.

x3;

-so proud of herself-

Oh shoot, I didn't realize how short this looked...

Posted

Aww~ :3 So coote... Lol, NavixTatl... Muds is kinda annoying to me... >> Dunno why...

Posted

XD NavixTatl. Interesting... XD

Aw, more adorableness. x3 Muds seems pretty nosy. Hmm... *suspicious?*

Link's got all the time in the world to return to Hyrule, unless, ya know, something evil arises. Hey, that'd probably make him leave... oh crap, me and my darn guesses! >_< *shuts mouth and waits for next part*

Posted

NavixTatl FTW.

Also, I dun want Link to leeeeave.

Posted

That was great!

. . .I thought that Muds was pretty cool.