Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wht was Midna about to say at the end of TP?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol THat full sentence of the cupcake was :

Link...I ate a funny cupcake the other day and I don't feel good.

lol

Yes, she I was going to say: Link..... I love you.

That was funny Oh Noes, what her children looks like , or a pregnant Midna.

/:||\ Funny Versions of the sayings!!!!/||:\

Link......Will you marry me?

Link...... Can you bake me a cake?

Link...... I have decided to be your girlfriend.

Mixed up VErsions, what Link was going to say :

Midna.......I always thought you were a naked evil midget.

Posted

Actually, they recently hacked into a GC disc and pulled up all the missing text files. One that was labeled, "goodbye.txt" was found in Midna's object in the dialogue folder.

82816365dp5.png

14044193mv2.png

She was definitely not going to say "I love you". I mean, this message is so much more obvious! Even the regular goodbye in the Japanese version proves that. =O

Also, YLA, grow up a bit, will ya'? =)

Sahaqiel

Lol. Mystery solved.

I'm sure that she was going to say something along the lines of, "I love you." Regardless of whether or not I support the Link x Midna pairing, I find it obvious that she had feelings towards Link.

"In Japanese, there’s a phrase called 'tsundere,' which means in the beginning you’re kind of snobby and cruel, but towards the end your shell kind of breaks off and you become sort of sappy. Women with that kind of personality, I think guys are really attracted to. Both Miyamoto-san and myself are quite fond of characters like that."

— Eiji Aonuma

In a way, it sounds like they were trying to make Midna a character that guys would be attracted to. This would, of course, be useful in giving Link a bit of personality (even though we saw less than usual). I think that whether or not Link fell for Midna, she was certainly the kind he could fall for. Speaking as a woman, Midna's body language and dialogue throughout the later parts of the game were both hints towards budding, romantic feelings. So, her line at the end of the game was definitely something. This cutting off of one's own words to hide true feelings is a common element in romantic relationships between characters that can be found in many video games, books, and movies.

Jees. All of your posts are so intelligent and thought-out, Zeruda. They're always very interesting to read. :)

Posted

"In Japanese, there

Posted

Actually, they recently hacked into a GC disc and pulled up all the missing text files. One that was labeled, "goodbye.txt" was found in Midna's object in the dialogue folder.

82816365dp5.png

14044193mv2.png

She was definitely not going to say "I love you". I mean, this message is so much more obvious! Even the regular goodbye in the Japanese version proves that.

lol

It's unusual that they would be talking about cupcakes as she was about to leave. :lol:

In the English version, it seems like she was going to say, "I love you", but in the Japanese version, she seems like she's struggling (the stammerring suggests she's crying to me) to say goodbye to Link.

I don't get why in English they changed the "S" to an "I". The sentence could've been, "Link...S...See you later..." or something.

Posted

Because Nintendo of America wanted to make their relationship a bit deeper?

Posted

Darn you, NoA... You and your misleadingness. >(

You took out the cupcakes, man.

It was in the beta. You went to Agatha's and she baked suspicious cupcakes.

Jeez.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Lol cupcakes. Much more interesting than what Nintendo of America gave us. It makes much more sense now: Princess Agitha liked Link, saw Midna as a rival that she needed out of the way, and so she poisoned her. Simple as that.

On a serious level, NoA shouldn't do that to us... in order to make good theories, we need what people ACTUALLY said, not what they think is cool. Messing with translations between two completely different languages and giving them to people like us who try to make sense of everything can make us stop buying the English version, learn Japanese, and start getting the games that way, instead, for trust reasons. Except that not everybody is ready to learn Japanese... which leaves us all in the unknown. :angrylink:

Posted

I always thought she was going to say "Link I'm sorry. " because she was breaking the mirror of twilight and Link could never see her again.

Posted

that's a good point...

wait, she didn't finish saying that? I must be imagining things...

Posted

^Lol, maybe. "Link, I'm sorry" actually makes a ton of sense. Too bad she didn't actually say that.

Posted

"Link, I....I don't know how to put this....I'm pregnant."

Link: Midna! NOOOO! So, who was the guy?

"It was...Gannondorf."

"NOOOOO! I thought we had something special!"

Posted (edited)

GL, that was hilarious. You spelled Ganondorf's name wrong, though. ;)

Here's my script:

Midna: Link, I... can't believe I had an adventure like you.

Link: You sonofa-- (tries to kill Midna)

Zelda: (in an attempt to break up the fight) Link, Midna was not being serious.

Midna: Oh, yes, I was!

Zelda: Oh, dear.... (looks up at the sky) (goes all white) L-Link? M-Midna?

Link: (pauses for a moment) What?

Zelda: (points to the sky)

(Link stares at it, trying to figure out what he should be seeing)

Midna: (looks around and sees Link, deciding to try to figure out wht Link sees)

Zelda: (pushes Midna in front of the Mirror of Twilight) HAYAAAAA!!! (activates the Mirror before anybody else recovers from shock)

Link: ....

Zelda: Midna was correct.

Link: Well escuuuuuse me-- (looks up at the sky) (goes all white) Z-Zelda?

Zelda: I know what you are thinking, and I am not fooled. (gets captured by Helmoric King, who is from WW, btw)

Edited by IAmVaati (see edit history)

Posted

"I love you." That had to be it, or something similar. There were several signs of romance between them (some more obvious than others). After all, if you went on a long adventure with someone of the opposite gender, you're bound to develop some feelings for them.

Posted

"I love you." That had to be it, or something similar. There were several signs of romance between them (some more obvious than others). After all, if you went on a long adventure with someone of the opposite gender, you're bound to develop some feelings for them.

What about Link, and Navi? Navi is a girl, and they were just friends.

Posted

What about Link, and Navi? Navi is a girl, and they were just friends.

Well Navi was freaking annoying.