Final Fantasy

674 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend says it's terrible. There's no action, just retarded graphics, and no bloody violence. Why would I play a game without action or violence.

Because you're not an idiot who only looks for those things in a game?

I've never really owned a final fantasy game, but they're one of the most fun things I've ever played.

Posted (edited)

I've never completed a single final fantasy but I've owned I,II,III and VIII. I've almost completed I, I'm only going to play II when I've completed I, I got fairly far in III then i got bored and sold it :embarrassed: and VIII always froze when it got to a certain point near the beginning. I played XII at my friend's house and I have to say that it is by far my favourite, mainly due to it being in 3D because I can't actually remember what VIII was like, as I was pretty young at the time, but I always remember where it cut off, I think it was when they got off a ship or boat or something, you'll probably know what I mean though.

Oh and if anyone didn't already know, Final Fantasy apparently going back to the turn based system but I'm not sure if it will be any thing like the older ones. For example, I don't know if it will be random battles or anything. I'm just waiting for any new information for me to drool over. :P

Edited by Jesus (see edit history)

Posted

I've never completed a single final fantasy but I've owned I,II,III and VIII. I've almost completed I, I'm only going to play II when I've completed I, I got fairly far in III then i got bored and sold it :embarrassed: and VIII always froze when it got to a certain point near the beginning. I played XII at my friend's house and I have to say that it is by far my favourite, mainly due to it being in 3D because I can't actually remember what VIII was like, as I was pretty young at the time, but I always remember where it cut off, I think it was when they got off a ship or boat or something, you'll probably know what I mean though.

Oh and if anyone didn't already know, Final Fantasy apparently going back to the turn based system but I'm not sure if it will be any thing like the older ones. For example, I don't know if it will be random battles or anything. I'm just waiting for any new information for me to drool over. :P

VIII was 3D, but the backgrounds were all pre-rendered. The same goes for VII and IX. X was the first game to use full 3D backgrounds, and XII was the first to completely eliminate pre-rendered backdrops.

XII isn't my exact favorite. I didn't like the Gambit system, and the License Board seemed like a knock-off of X's sphere grid.

And for XIII, battles are going to be real time like in XI and XII, and there'll be no more random encounters. Apparently, attacks are going to be button command-based like Auron's overdrive in X and Zell's limit break in VIII. I'm not really looking forward to that, because I disliked XII's battle system enough. What they should have done was make enemies appear on screen, but for a battle to commence, you run into them (or they run into you) and you're taken to a separate battle screen like in Chrono Cross.

Posted

Ive pased all of them except Dirge of ceberus the one for psp and the Ds one but getting a psp this week so another one out of my list :D

Posted

VIII was 3D, but the backgrounds were all pre-rendered. The same goes for VII and IX. X was the first game to use full 3D backgrounds, and XII was the first to completely eliminate pre-rendered backdrops.

XII isn't my exact favorite. I didn't like the Gambit system, and the License Board seemed like a knock-off of X's sphere grid.

And for XIII, battles are going to be real time like in XI and XII, and there'll be no more random encounters. Apparently, attacks are going to be button command-based like Auron's overdrive in X and Zell's limit break in VIII. I'm not really looking forward to that, because I disliked XII's battle system enough. What they should have done was make enemies appear on screen, but for a battle to commence, you run into them (or they run into you) and you're taken to a separate battle screen like in Chrono Cross.

I never paid attention to gambits, I just pressed X until I was on the person's name, then told them what to do. Or I just let them do their own thing.

Posted

olololol I was the same for a few years. I remember, I got to the last disc on Final Fantasy IX and got up to the point before the three boss battles in a row and I was like nooooooo I don't wanna do it. : ( Still haven't completed it. Same with X, I was just about to go in Sin, but I stopped playing. The first Final Fantasy I ever completed was the first one, when it came out for the Gameboy Advance. Such a great game. Got my whole party to level 99. Second game was Final Fantasy XII. Last boss is p. easy. It's the extra bosses and stuff that are hard.

Could this also be like Adventure of Link?

Posted

I have a feeling that I'll give up on final fantasy I, because I've returned to the chaos shrine to do those tests/trials, whatever. But my party's only Lvl 50.

Posted

Train at the Garland's castle place to get to level 99, if you're there yet. It's p. easy.

Posted

Where's Garland's castle palace?

Posted

Have you beaten the whole game? Or gotten all the four Crystals.

Posted

Could this also be like Adventure of Link?

What do you mean?

I think to fight the final bosses in Final Fantasy X well equipped, you need to complete all the Aeon and the legendary weapons sidequests. Ultima, Meteor, Doublecast, Yuna's Nirvana and Lulu's Onion Knight are musts.

Posted

Have you beaten the whole game? Or gotten all the four Crystals.

I've only brought the crystals back to power, nothing more, nothing less.

You start the game with the crystals. I'd like to know the back story to the warriors of light though. I mean, they just appeared with the crystals out of nowhere... Oh well.

Posted

Oh, right. Well, did you return all the crystals? If so, go to the palace where you fought Garland. It's the place you first go to after the you talk to the king.

Posted

Yeah, I only noticed last night when I went back to the chaos shrine and and pressied X on the orb in the room I fought him in and went 200 years back in time, so I know what you mean now. The place where I was might be exclusive to the psp version or something, it's the labarynth of time. And maybe the translation is different because it's the chaos shrine. I take it you played on the GBA or GB or one of the other hundreds of consoles it's been remade on... a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean.

Posted

Without Temper, Excalibur, Masamune, and healaga, Choas is way way way hard to kill. nearly impossible.