Final Fantasy

674 posts in this topic

Posted

What's temper and masamune? You just reminded me of excalibur, that's the sword made from adamantite, yeah?

Posted

temper is a spell you purchase in the second town of the game,

it increases your attack power, but only for one attack, so have your black mage/ wizard and ninja cast it on your warrior each turn to deal over 1200 damage each round

Masamune is the ultimate weapon in the game, any class can equip it, it's found in the choas shrine before you fight tiamat(in the maze area)

Posted

I'm in the maze I think, and I checked and I do have temper. Thanks for the help.

And does anybody know if Final Fantasy Versus XIII will actually be avaliable in the UK? IGN says it wont, but no other site on the web says it isn't out in the UK, I remember IGN said Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility was out in the UK on June 27th this year, so I can't really trust them all of the time.

Posted

It should be. All the Fabula Nova Crystallis titles will be released in all regions... Probably the only game that would be region-specific would have been Agito, but that was up until they moved it to PSP.

The 360 version of XIII will only be released in the US and the UK, and localization begins after the Japanese release. So as usual, Japan will have it long before it gets anywhere near North America and PAL.

Versus XIII--can't wait! The characters they've shown so far (like The Prince, the female lead, and the dude who looks like Vaan from XII but cuter) are pretty bangin'. :3

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-famitsu-jan-clipping-06.jpg

Where are they going!? :o

Posted

that picture just made me asplode with joy. Its just so beautiful. Its like a playable FFVII:AC

Posted

I can't wait for Versus XIII. I have a feeling that it will be better than XIII.

:joy:CAN'T WAIT! :joy:

Posted

I want to get Versus, but i can't get a 360 or PS3

:( bummer

and versus will be better, i know a guy who can confirm this... somewhere

Posted

Final Fantasy XIII is out on Xbox360 and PS3, but Versus is only going to be out on PS3. Apparently. But I've got a PS3 and PSP so I can get XIII, Versus XIII and Agito XIII when they come out.

Posted

stupid sony

well, the PS3 will soon go out of buisness if they keep up the pace they're currently going

Posted

I've still yet to figure out the difference between XIII and Versus XIII... or what the "versus" is for anyway... is that like XIII's cast against some band of other ppl thrown together? That screenshot doesn't look like any of the party members revealed in XIII yet, so I'm stumped...

Posted

They're completely different stories.

And luneth, if your wondering why Microsoft is out performing Sony, I think one of the factors is the fact that Microsoft charges people to play online and Playstation's internet is free. It's because the Xbox Live servers are run by Microsoft and the Playstation servers are run by people playing the game with you and they are designated the host.

Posted

Two different stories, but in the same world? I thought I read somewhere that Versus would be in the same world as XIII, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the "Versus" part of the title means.. like I said earlier, is it the cast of XIII fighting against the cast of Versus XIII?

And I thought I heard there was also another XIII title as well, Agito or somethin like that? I'm confused... :(

Posted

It's all Latin kind of stuff. Versus is Latin for something, Agito is Latin for 'to put into motion'. The whole project of all the XIII's combined is called Fabula Nova Crystallis which mens 'the new tale of the crystal' or something like that. I'm not sure... There's another rumored one called 'Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII', Haeresis is Greek for "the act of thinking differently" and is the origin of the word "heresy.

Yup.

Posted (edited)

I looked up the translation for versus on a latin to english translator and all I can get was "towards, line, verse" as definitions... I might be a little vague in my translation, but that's what I was given... I'll look into it some more when I get home from work :)

didn't they use Latin terms for some stuff in Final Fantasy VIII as well?

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

I don't know. Have you seen the Versus XII trailers? They're in Latin too and in the longer of the two currently released, it has the word 'Cloud' in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I'm not sure what that's about though.