Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Zelda Soon?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Source: Gamernode

After some googling, I found out something interesting.

"E3 '07: The Director, Phantom Hourglass and Zelda's Future

Category: E3 2007, Posted: 07/13/2007 at 02:23PM CDT by Steve Wysowski, Content Writer

During a locked-doors meeting at E3 yesterday, legendary game designer, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Twilight Princess Director, Eiji Aonuma, sat down and discussed the Legend of Zelda franchise's present, past, and future.

The meeting was scheduled to be a Super Mario Galaxy discussion, but Mr. Aonuma jumped in to reveal information regarding The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and suprised the crowd regarding the next Wii iteration for the franchise.

Aonuma explained how Phantom Hourglass has opened up the series and has given a fresh, new control scheme to the aging Zelda formula. He also said while The Wind Waker's disappointing sales affected him personally, he still wanted to keep the style rolling in another Zelda release, hence the inspiration for PH.

Japan has taken the game by storm and it is on its way to becoming one of the most highly sold handheld games ever, (mainly in thanks to a Famitsu score of 39 out of a possible 40). Aonuma said that PH opened up casual gamers to the Zelda series for the first time, as controlling Link and solving puzzles is much more attractive with the DS touch screen controls.

Once the Zelda director seemed to be wrapping up his Zelda discussion, he changed gears entirely and started talking about plans for the upcoming Wii Zelda, shocking the audience.

He had almost a kid-like excitement with the way he talked about the title, and wanted to release as much information as possible, but couldn't because Miyamoto demanded him to not to reveal to much information.

He said that he wants a whole different base of control to take form for the next addition to the series -- to open up the main Zelda adventures on Wii for the casual gaming crowd as has Phantom Hourglass done with the DS. When asked about one-to-one swordplay and full Wiimote control, he said he was dying to flesh out all the ideas but says its still pretty open.

In regards to the game's storyline, Aonuma didn't release too much information, so the story of the game is still out there. But he did say that he wants to offer something in the next Zelda that all gamers will like -- both casual and hardcore.

In my opinion, I think it would be great to use all of the features of the Wii controllers in addition to a new full motion capture system to control Link.

Imagine controlling Link with the Balance Board and have him replicate your movements. I'm pretty sure that would get the attention of millions of casual players, and if the same classic Zelda formula were in place, hardcore fans should be drooling over it.

We will have more info on this game as developments unfold, but with such scant information given, you really have to wonder just what the possibilities for a full blown Zelda game can be."

Dunno if someone found this before me, but meh.

Posted

Cool.... sounds fun.

Posted

:( screw the casuals, give us something core for a change.

Posted

I want a Wii... If I can't play the next Zelda game I will end in depresion... :cry:

It sounds interesting, really interesting.

Posted

Well I know I bash WW alot, but PH sucked. It was too easy. IT BETTER NOT BE CEL-SHADED!

Posted

I hope they lean toward the cel-shaded, toon-like graphics and art style again. I'm very interested in the controls at this point. Nintendo hit a sweet spot with Phantom Hourglass' controls, so one can only begin to imagine the ideas that are brewing in the makers' heads. If Aonuma is already that excited, I'm sure I'll be letting out a few fangirl screams once we have more information.

I do hope that the balance board will be implemented into the next Zelda title's gameplay, even if it's only for minor areas such as minigames or player-involved cutscenes.

Posted

I wasn't a big fan of PH's controls, but I wouldn't mind if they gave us a Cel-Shaded adventure again.

Actually, I think they're going to combine both styles.

Toon Link in Brawl? Nintendo made his model.

And it's a pretty attractive model. Toon AND realistic. It's pretty cool how they did that.

I just don't want them to skimp on attention to detail like they did in TP.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

If they do make another cel-shaded game, I'm never going to buy another zelda game ever again because after that they will all be cel-shaded witch, to me, will be unbearable because the toonyness gives me headaches they makes me want to stop playing video games. I'm not kidding it does. After I beat WW I didn't play another game for 1 week.

I wasn't a big fan of PH's controls, but I wouldn't mind if they gave us a Cel-Shaded adventure again.

Actually, I think they're going to combine both styles.

Toon Link in Brawl? Nintendo made his model.

And it's a pretty attractive model. Toon AND realistic. It's pretty cool how they did that.

I just don't want them to skimp on attention to detail like they did in TP.

Sahaqiel

What does TP have to do with anything! It didn't have retarded toon graphics. I beat it... I should know.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

WW was cute, and pretty good. But I want something core.

Posted

I hope that in this zelda there would be this new options:

Climb on roofs and possible to jump,

More realistic stuff like day and night thunder rain that more realistic...

And a online option... (one house in the Hyrule Mark/town that have a character inside who ask you to content to the nets and you can spreath your kills and hearths and records of killing bosses with less as possible loose hearths ;) witch quest items you have and such :) )

And bigger landscape :) more realistic tree's and such... better shadows...

More things to do... before get beat Ganon :P you know not only Zora Goron and Forest... more! xD

Able to Pet Epona and such... (upgrades xD)

Desing your own ???

More castel and bow shooting characters VS you :)

Hope Ninty read this xD

Adr990

Posted

Personally, I'm hoping for something along the lines of TP's graphics. I luved those graphics. Not really into the cell-shaded stuff. >>

Posted

:( screw the casuals, give us something core for a change.

I second that. Nintendo needs to stop focusing on getting new gamers involved for just a year or two and make sure that they don't lose their hardcore gamers.

Though PH was one of my favorite games.

I think that Nintendo should focus on more Hyrule spin-off games focusing om previously non-playable characters. Like Linebeck, or Zant, or even a game that follows Ganondorf through every game he was featured in and fills the gaps in-between.

Posted

I second that. Nintendo needs to stop focusing on getting new gamers involved for just a year or two and make sure that they don't lose their hardcore gamers.

Though PH was one of my favorite games.

I think that Nintendo should focus on more Hyrule spin-off games focusing om previously non-playable characters. Like Linebeck, or Zant, or even a game that follows Ganondorf through every game he was featured in and fills the gaps in-between.

I would actually like a game where everything about Ganondorf was explained. Seriously, if there was one, my cousin's boyfriend would kill just to get the game first. xD

Posted

It would be cool to learn about when Ganondorf was Link's age.

Posted

TP wasn't as good as WW.

That's what it has to do with it.

Toon graphics aren't retarded, you're just being a graphic-"prostitute".

They tried to give us core with Twilight Princess, and people like you RUSHED THEM LIKE THEY WERE MAKING HOME MADE GOD ON A STICK.

As a result, all the stuff in the beta and all the stuff that was promised was GONE.

Twilight Princess has a huge potential gap because you complained about Wind Waker's graphics.

And you bought the game and said it was good because it doesn't have WW graphics.

Think about that.

Sahaqiel