Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Zelda Soon?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

TP wasn't as good as WW.

That's what it has to do with it.

Toon graphics aren't retarded, you're just being a graphic-"prostitute".

They tried to give us core with Twilight Princess, and people like you RUSHED THEM LIKE THEY WERE MAKING HOME MADE GOD ON A STICK.

As a result, all the stuff in the beta and all the stuff that was promised was GONE.

Twilight Princess has a huge potential gap because you complained about Wind Waker's graphics.

And you bought the game and said it was good because it doesn't have WW graphics.

Think about that.

Sahaqiel

TP was perfect... Exept for the part where there is noway to fix Elden Bridge. Is that the gap your talking about.

And besides what does it even mean to pe a graphic prostitute?

Posted

If they do make another cel-shaded game, I'm never going to buy another zelda game ever again because after that they will all be cel-shaded witch, to me, will be unbearable because the toonyness gives me headaches they makes me want to stop playing video games. I'm not kidding it does. After I beat WW I didn't play another game for 1 week.

What does TP have to do with anything! It didn't have retarded toon graphics. I beat it... I should know.

I think you're confusing yourself... It seems that it's the tooniness that you're unhappy with, not the cel-shading. The "tooniness" is the style of artwork with which the characters and enemies were drawn. The cel-shading is the coloring type- one that uses flat shading without blending colors. This type of coloring is present in other games like The Wind Waker, Okami, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, etc. etc. It is also found in one of the most popular pop culture art styles, anime. As you can see in Brawl, TWW (toon) Link's cel-shading has been replaced with smoothe shading, but his art style is still toon-like. :)

I second that. Nintendo needs to stop focusing on getting new gamers involved for just a year or two and make sure that they don't lose their hardcore gamers.

Though PH was one of my favorite games.

I think that Nintendo should focus on more Hyrule spin-off games focusing om previously non-playable characters. Like Linebeck, or Zant, or even a game that follows Ganondorf through every game he was featured in and fills the gaps in-between.

While I do feel that Nintendo needs to focus on their dedicated, hardcore gamer fans, I can see why it's unlikely that they will. Nintendo is on top right now, and they're going to to everything they can to reel in gamers of all types while they can. Because of this, older and more popular titles will be toned down in certain areas- such as difficulty, as we've all seen- in order to attract both older and newer generations of gamers. Perhaps, though, one of these days they make consider implementing a choice of difficulty levels into games like TLoZ.

Spinoffs, though, would be a great idea if they do choose to pay attention to the dedicated gamers. Playing a character such as Ganondorf, Zelda, or other characters would undoubtedly be a way to fix the potholes (or craters, rather) in the timeline and gaps in the individual games. Unfortunately, one would have to have played the game(s) that the character in question would be associated with, lest a newcomer to TLoZ becomes completely confused and decides to stray from the series completely.

Posted

TP was perfect... Exept for the part where there is noway to fix Elden Bridge. Is that the gap your talking about.

Lol. Try looking in the desert. You can fix the Eldin Bridge.

While I do feel that Nintendo needs to focus on their dedicated, hardcore gamer fans, I can see why it's unlikely that they will. Nintendo is on top right now, and they're going to to everything they can to reel in gamers of all types while they can. Because of this, older and more popular titles will be toned down in certain areas- such as difficulty, as we've all seen- in order to attract both older and newer generations of gamers. Perhaps, though, one of these days they make consider implementing a choice of difficulty levels into games like TLoZ.

Spinoffs, though, would be a great idea if they do choose to pay attention to the dedicated gamers. Playing a character such as Ganondorf, Zelda, or other characters would undoubtedly be a way to fix the potholes (or craters, rather) in the timeline and gaps in the individual games. Unfortunately, one would have to have played the game(s) that the character in question would be associated with, lest a newcomer to TLoZ becomes completely confused and decides to stray from the series completely.

You're right. And as much as us more dedicated gamers complain its not likely that we'll leave the series we've become so attached to no matter how easy and stuff it gets. More than anything, I just want to see some of the craters (tee-hee) filled. Nintendo is pretty horrible at making their games flow together.

Posted

TP wasn't as good as WW.

That's what it has to do with it.

Toon graphics aren't retarded, you're just being a graphic-"prostitute".

They tried to give us core with Twilight Princess, and people like you RUSHED THEM LIKE THEY WERE MAKING HOME MADE GOD ON A STICK.

As a result, all the stuff in the beta and all the stuff that was promised was GONE.

Twilight Princess has a huge potential gap because you complained about Wind Waker's graphics.

And you bought the game and said it was good because it doesn't have WW graphics.

Think about that.

Sahaqiel

I only liked the graphics in TP and some of the new features. I didn't like the graphics in WW but the gameplay controls were easy and fun to deal with. Both games are good in a sense. Lol, and I agree about rushing Nintendo for TP, when I beat I was way beyond disappointed.There was none of the forest stuff and everything they had in the E3 2055 trailer. The stuff that looked friggin' awesome. I hope this new Zelda game brings more challenge and makes more use of the Wii controls, and I hope there's no stuff like animal transformations. I really disliked the wolf in TP. =/

Posted

Using the balance board wouldb eh ard.. and it would require buying Wii Fit. :(

TP was really good, but i just want forests DX

FILLED TO BURSTING WITH TERRIFYING MONSTERS.

I love fighting DX One of the best things in TP.

Posted

TP wasn't perfect... Even the sound track could bring a guy off his gaming high. All of it had a dark mood and it was hard to enjoy TP with heart because it always made you feel like you were wading through a pudding swamp without any light except for the small amount of light you get so you can view how many enemies you get to face. And there aren't that many.

Being a graphic-wh*re means you like games because of graphics, not playability or fun.

TP wasn't the fun that I experienced in WW. The landscape was empty and too large to traverse. In a sense, it was worse than sailing in WW. The techniques weren't very helpful and they just seemed to be a flashy way to pick off enemies. The fact that you needed full hearts for the Great Spin was horrendous. They should have reversed it so you can only use it in a time of need. Why would I need an overpowered attack until I'm hit? Yeah, I bet you want it when you're dying against eight enemies. But even that was hard to do. Even though heart pieces were five to a container, you end up with more than enough hearts in the final battle anyway. Rupees are thrown into you like they're made of razors and the game has hemophilia. Not only that but the entire plot was very transitional. Nothing important was really learned except like, 90% of the Twili story. All we need to know where the Twili came from and where the Gerudo went and we have this wrapped up. We don't even know any more about the Sheikah then we did in OoT.

By the way, the Eldin Bridge is in the Gerudo Desert on a high platform.

TP is far from perfect. It could have been a lot better.

Graphics have nothing to do with the game. It depends on how much fun you have when you play the game.

Seriously, I prefer the Toon Link model from Brawl. That would be an interesting style to have through a whole game.

And another thing... Character development is nonexistent in that game besides for Midna.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I think you're confusing yourself... It seems that it's the tooniness that you're unhappy with, not the cel-shading. The "tooniness" is the style of artwork with which the characters and enemies were drawn. The cel-shading is the coloring type- one that uses flat shading without blending colors. This type of coloring is present in other games like The Wind Waker, Okami, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, etc. etc. It is also found in one of the most popular pop culture art styles, anime. As you can see in Brawl, TWW (toon) Link's cel-shading has been replaced with smoothe shading, but his art style is still toon-like. :)

Oh... Then I hate the tooniness, and I hate anime.

@GM: Really cool thanks.

Posted

Lol. I agree and disagree with a lot of your points, Sahaqiel. I'd actually of enjoyed a larger space even if it was pretty empty. Like the space seen in the trailers. And an instrument too.

I was pretty disappointed with the wolf transformation too, Zoe. They did awesome in Majora's Mask with transformations and a dark story, but didn't seem to achieve that with TP. I mean, Twilight Princess definitely had its moments (saving Colin from King Bulbin), but most of those were all before the 4th temple. If TP stayed as awesome as it was in the beginning portion through the entire game then it probably would of topped Ocarina in my opinion. The problem was it got lazy and left so many promises unfulfilled.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned TWW's story for a reason why they favored it. I thought that TWW was the best adventure of them all. It was so fresh and interesting with a lot of the background story that most other Zelda games lacked and it wasn't afraid to make fun of itself with its over-expressive gestures. TWW's story was funny, mysterious, charming, heroic, and dark.

Posted

WW was good, but the hunt for triforce pieces was a huge mess. After grabbing them, I barely had enough interest in the game to finish it and complete Ganon's tower. Other games like MM and OoT did a better job of keeping me hooked storywise.

Posted

Lol. I agree and disagree with a lot of your points, Sahaqiel. I'd actually of enjoyed a larger space even if it was pretty empty. Like the space seen in the trailers. And an instrument too.

I was pretty disappointed with the wolf transformation too, Zoe. They did awesome in Majora's Mask with transformations and a dark story, but didn't seem to achieve that with TP. I mean, Twilight Princess definitely had its moments (saving Colin from King Bulbin), but most of those were all before the 4th temple. If TP stayed as awesome as it was in the beginning portion through the entire game then it probably would of topped Ocarina in my opinion. The problem was it got lazy and left so many promises unfulfilled.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned TWW's story for a reason why they favored it. I thought that TWW was the best adventure of them all. It was so fresh and interesting with a lot of the background story that most other Zelda games lacked and it wasn't afraid to make fun of itself with its over-expressive gestures. TWW's story was funny, mysterious, charming, heroic, and dark.

I agree! I missed having an instrument. Sure, you got a replica of a piece of grass that played ONE SONG, but that didn't even come close to the freedom of experimental melodies. Plus, WW beats all, no doubt about it. I hope they do the graphics like Toon Link in SSBB. I gotta get a Wii.... :embarrassed: