Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hardcore Majora's Mask

22 posts in this topic

Posted

So here's the story...

Back around last summer, I had Majora's Mask for my N64 and was in the process of completing it. I'd been playing the game almost nonstop, to the point where it was starting to annoy my parents. One summer evening while I was in my basement playing the game, I hear my dad call me up to go run an errand with my mom. So, being the teenager I am, I yelled back some incoherent "Hold awwwwwn" response, planning to pause the game in a moment and go upstairs. But suddenly I hear my dad bellow out in this scary make-you-piss-in-your-pants to get my rear end up there - (He has quite the temper, by the way >>) So I hightailed it up there and left with my mom for some while.

When I came back, my brother told me that my dad had ripped our N64 from the TV and smashed it up with a hammer. Because of his temper, he sometimes ends up destroying things. Disbelieving, I ran back down to the basement and found my beloved N64 and MM game in the trash, all in its gloried plastic pieces. I managed to pull out the MM game chip and the Expansion pack from the pieces, but everything else was too far gone to be repaired. I'd lost over 20 hours of playing in a single moment.

Eventually, my dad replaced the N64 and the game, feeling guilty about losing his temper so badly. But just out of curiosity, I recently stuck in the old game chip in some crazy half-hope that maybe, maybe the game was still there. The chip only had some minor damages, so I though it was worth a try...

n64lolmg8.jpg

That, my friends, it what it looks like.

And to my complete delight, IT WORKED. IT FREAKING WORKED. My entire file, up until the point where I had last saved it, was still there. 8D

~Cirt

Posted

Now that, my good people, is an example of sexy technology.

Posted

Holy crap! =O

That's a friggin' MIRACLE! 0_0

Wow, well now you can look at the situation as: You have a working version of MM that most/a whole ton of people won't have. xD

So that's what the inside of an N64 game fully looks like lol.

Posted

Cirt, that's amazing. What kind of hammer did he use? It would have looked pretty pathetic if it was a normal-sized workshop hammer, him hitting away at some video games. A sledgehammer, though more effective, would probably have destroyed everything. Also, I don't know if anyone keeps a sledgehammer at their house. Anymore. Also, protect that cartridge with your life. It's delicate.

Posted

That's impressive. ^_^

And your father sounds frightening.

Posted

That's impressive. ^_^

And your father sounds frightening.

Heh, he's really not. Poor guy had a heart attack last Sunday...but that's beside the point. ><'

Posted

Heh, he's really not. Poor guy had a heart attack last Sunday...but that's beside the point. ><'

Aw. I'm sorry.

Posted

the plastic case was just to keep the led stuff from getting onto the user :wacko:

Posted

Good thing that it still works. ^_^

Posted

Wow, very durable.

Posted

Nintendo's stuff is always well made like that :o

Posted

cept the DS and SP,

those consoles broke easily

but anyway, that's cool how it still works

Posted

That's amazing! :'D

My Majora's mask cartridge is very durable also. It survived a fifteen ft drop from the window of at Treefort onto a rock, a swim in the creek, and quite a few people stepped on it Still works :'D

But yours is a freaking god!

I worship it.

@G333:I love sledgehammers! :'D I have one somewhere in the garage... somewhere :unsure:

I'll find it tomorrow :'D

Posted

now that is sweet how the game stell works.........

what gave you the idea to try to play the mm game after your dad broke it???????? :mask::ocarina:

Posted

Man, how is this possible? This is the mother of all cartridges!