A Legend of Zelda Movie??

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Nintendo announced an official Legend of Zelda movie will never be made. I think the only Zelda movies we can look forward to seeing are the ones made by fans. One thing I can hear fans complaining about in a Zelda movie is the voices aren't what they expected, etc.

Posted (edited)

If a Zelda movie is gonna be made, please make them hire the CD-i people for the voices!!! 'Twould be so awesome!!

Your face will DIE for DINNER.

Edited by The Great Cheese (see edit history)

Posted

I thougth that was so cruel when IGN made that trailer - I was all, "OMG, A ZELDA MOVIE?!" and then seconds later realised it was all a joke.

That made me sad. D:

...But I suppose it was somewhat amusing. =P

Posted

I recently was looking for some Zelda images on Google and found out that some people took it seriously and started to make one. I don't know much else, but yeah, there's a possibility that we'll be seeing Zelda at the box office.

Posted

dang those CGI graphics suck

Posted

Lol, like they r gonna sell the loz rights.......If they do....Ill make an online Second part for TP

Posted

Will there be a Legend of Zelda movie? ive been looking through youtube( :unsure: ) and found zelda movie trailers :huh: is it true? only time will tell.

Dude, it is IGN. It is a april fools joke. LOL

Posted

Nintendo has sold the motion picture rights to a few of their intellectual properties (Metroid, Super Mario) only time will tell if they decide to sell Zelda to a studio. To make a Zelda movie work, they'll have to make it to appeal to die hard gamers (Like me!!!!) and also people who have never heard of Zelda.

Posted (edited)

Nintendo Power said once that an official Metroid movie was in development. That was, I believe, about 6 or 7 years ago.

I want a Zelda movie developed by Peter Jackson with Orlando Bloom playing Link. That would be something.

Edited by Overlord Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

Now, a fan made Zelda film has been released with BMB, but im pretty sure you all know that by now . lol. Some people complained that the CGI sucked and that the filming and acting wasnt very good. The makers had a contract with Nintendo saying that the film could be shown untill 1/1/10 , but unfortunately the film was only uploaded to dailymotion on December 14th 09.

Posted

i remember reading once that the creator of zelda (cant spell his name so im not gonna try), has had many offers regarding scripts and pitches for a LoZ film, but he knocked them all back on the basis that a movie would distract from the game and would eventually be ruined by the media. he said zelda was made to be a game, and thats what it will always be.

personally i would like to see a zeld a movie but i am not sure how it would be recieved. especially because audiences would have really high expectations of how they would want link to sound. the voice of link would have to be absolutely PERFECT, even his dialogue would be very difficult to write as we all have our preconcieved ideas of how link would speak. secondly, there would be the dilema of whether the movie should be made in CGI or using real actors. Because zelda has built up such a massive name purely through games, making a movie would be extremely risky and it would either add to the brilliantness that is zelda or wreck it for new generations of fans...

Posted

If they hire convincing enough actors who can act and also look perfect for their roles, then it'd be acceptable. Costume design wouldn't be too difficult. There are hundreds of convincing cosplayers who don't have a Hollywood budget.

Link could easily go throughout the movie without talking, though.

Also, The Doctor, I think that's a lame idea, particularly because the hour long action series tend to make me :/

The group that made Hero of Time, BMB Finishes, made it terribly, so I wouldn't use that as a standard or comparison for anything, but it could be done.

And YLA, stop being so biased against anime.