A Legend of Zelda Movie??

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Will there be a Legend of Zelda movie? ive been looking through youtube( :unsure: ) and found zelda movie trailers :huh: is it true? only time will tell.

Posted

Will there be a Legend of Zelda movie? ive been looking through youtube( :unsure: ) and found zelda movie trailers :huh: is it true? only time will tell.

No it's not true. There was a group called BMB who was making an unauthorised movie but I guess that stalled. Recently IGN showed a very impressive trailer a kinda meld of OOT and TP plot points but it was just an April Fools gag.

Maybe someday Nintendo will sell the rights to a movie production company (Paramount, Universal, Columbia) only time WILL tell.

Posted (edited)

legendofzeldaseries.com has some info on the Zelda movie BMB Finishes is making. Lysia, the owner of the website, claims that she has received emails from the guy that's in charge of making the movie, and he says the movie is still in progress, and they haven't cancelled it; they've been busy with work and all. The movie was originally suppose to come out in 2006, but it's two years later. I've given up hope of it ever being released.

If you want some info on the movie heres' the link

Edited by TwiliGirl (see edit history)

Posted

I hope so because if they do they'll have to make a MM movie as a sequill. :D:D:D :D :D:)

Or not. X_X

Posted

I hope so because if they do they'll have to make a MM movie as a sequill. :D:D:D :D :D:)

Or not. X_X

A Zelda movie would HAVE to be broken up into multiple instalments like LOTR. Especially OOT, I think if you want to make a stand alone Zelda movie a meld of OOT and TP plot points would be the best bet.

But what i'd like to see "The Legend og Zelda: The Series" An hour long live action series.

Posted

A Zelda movie would HAVE to be broken up into multiple instalments like LOTR. Especially OOT, I think if you want to make a stand alone Zelda movie a meld of OOT and TP plot points would be the best bet.

But what i'd like to see "The Legend og Zelda: The Series" An hour long live action series.

Theyr'e Trying To Make A Series But As An Anime

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Anime.php

Posted

Anime! I hate anime. I can't watch it, and if I do Umbreon will never let me live this down.

Posted

no Ill only do that if you don't watch it. I just want you to watch it I'm only edging you on. But I still have faith in BMB.

Posted

Again, like BMB the anime is unofficial and as such will not air on television. Only something officially endorsed by Nintendo will air on TV.

Posted

I wouldnt count on anyone claiming to be making a Zelda Movie as a fact.

Posted

I wouldnt count on anyone claiming to be making a Zelda Movie as a fact.

In 2005 Nintendo America president Reggie Fils-Aime said that he would be interested in developing Nintendo properties for theatrical release including Metroid, Super Mario, and of course Zelda.

Posted

In 2005 Nintendo America president Reggie Fils-Aime said that he would be interested in developing Nintendo properties for theatrical release including Metroid, Super Mario, and of course Zelda.

It is good that he is interested, I would love to see a Zelda movie but its still not in development.

Maybe one day..

Posted

If they did, they'd obviously release it in Japan first (as Japan gets all the cool stuff), then if it gets shipped over to our countries, we'd get to hear the terrific voice dubbing! =D Unless they just keep it in Japan, which may happen. D=

Or maybe Nintendo of America/Europe/MiscEnglishSpeakingCountry will produce one; then we get to hear it in English. In the meantime, I'll waste my waiting hours by watching Legend of Link. =D

Posted

If NOA teams up with a Major studio on such a theatrical endevor it'll be slated for wide release.

Posted

A friend of mine is also a big Zelda fan, and he had dreams of making Ocarina into a film one day. He's a pretty good writer, and we are in a production company together, so the dream is when we're rich and famous (!one can dream!) that we'll develop a script. I wish, it would be too awesome for words.