Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Because people are more easily scared into doing things than persuaded

I think nothings gonna change in terms of doing anything about it anytime soon. Since the oil companies rule the world. I know they sure as heck aren't gonna do anything about it. They deny that it's even happening.

I expect it'll be two generations from now that anyone really does anything in terms of government. Polar bears, Holland ,and Miami will be gone before anything starts to happen. let alone any positive effects

At least they don't deny the Holocaust, like some world leaders I know of :unsure: It really isn't that hard to just take a few little steps to save life on earth.

Posted

I'm not sure how to say this.

It's not that we're not concerned for your life, YLA.

But it's more life in general we're worried about.

Contrary to your attitude, we care about the animals and plant life of the earth, as well as people.

If not being lazy and riding a bike is required, then I'm all for it.

Earth is not invincible.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how to say this.

It's not that we're not concerned for your life, YLA.

But it's more life in general we're worried about.

Contrary to your attitude, we care about the animals and plant life of the earth, as well as people.

If not being lazy and riding a bike is required, then I'm all for it.

Earth is not invincible.

Sahaqiel

I don't see what so important about animals. They aren't important.

I'm sure it is. I read it on the internet. If it wasn't we would've died from something that came crashing down to earth.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

Oh God. Here it comes.

*Gets out binoculars to look for Muffin*

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I don't see what so important about animals. They aren't important.

I'm sure it is. I read it on the internet. If it wasn't we would've died from something that came crashing down to earth.

To put it quite frankly, if there were no animals, you'd be dead. Your mother would be dead, your father, the one who was there for you, who makes it possible for you to live anyway. They'd be dead. All of them. Including you. I'd be dead. Saha'd be dead. Muffin would be dead. Your @$#%#@& DOG would be dead. Everyone. Everything.

Edited by Rumo of Zamonia (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Actually, I saw that you had posted last, and I was expecting you to post something saying why we need animals to sustain life on the Earth, so disappoint me, Sahaqiel. Also, you know that trivia question I posted on the chat that wasn't mine and you banned me for it and I unbanned myself for it and say that Nabe would know it.

He knows the answer, it's Mutoh, the head carpenter's son.

Hey, look Rumo of Zamonia did it. :>

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks, but call me Rumo. Or Val. Or Max. Whichever. They're all really short.

Posted

Ohp, sorry. (Also, I considered Mutoh, but the question didn't make plausible sense.)

But yes, without animals, the entire food chain would be messed up. If you take one thing out of the food chain a bunch of animals die out.

For instance. You take out the bears. Salmon's population skyrockets because of lack of a central predator. Then, since there are so many salmon, the source of prey for sea lice also skyrockets. The sea lice proceed to kill other fish, which are already suffering because of competition for food from the salmon. The population eventually gets killed off by the increasing sea lice population. Sea lice are abundant, but they have also lost their food source. Sea lice die, the waters are empty.

That's just one animal taken out. If all animals were gone, then yes, we would be dead. [Also, homo sapiens(people) are considered animals.] Cattle and other such meats are one of the largest food sources we have. And everyone can't live off trees if you're going to kill them all. They would die anyway because of lack of things like fertilizer to keep the overused soil from losing nutrients to support the plant life. If we try to feed the world with trees, then the trees AND PEOPLE would die because the soil wouldn't have time to rest.

And seriously, animals in general, no offense, have much MUCH more importance to the world than anyone here. Including you.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm not sure about global warming.It could be caused by mankind or it could just be one of Earth's weird climate patterns like the Ice Age.

Posted

I believe in global warming, but I think it's just part of the Earth's natural cycle, and humans are simply speeding that cycle up. I believe it deserves some attention, but not nearly as much as it's getting right now.

Posted

Either way, I wish we would stop making the planet so gross and full of chemicals that don't belong...

If you want to be disturbed, so look up all the chemicals, prescription drugs, pesticides, toxins, etc found in average breastmilk now. That can't be healthy.