Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Global Warming...An important problem. Tell What you Think About It Here. And what we can do to stop it.

Edited by Dark Young Link (see edit history)

Posted

There is no global warming, and I don't care about it. I don't even see the point of life. I mean you live, go to school, get a job, and then you die. Do you get a medal for living? NO!

Besides 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. The something will crash into the earth, and destrstroy everything. Or

2. The earth is going to crash into the sun, and we'll all burn to a crisp.

Posted

With the controversy behind global warming (not to mention the controversy behind global warming's biggest supporter), I have a hard time believing it all.

Posted

The polar ice caps are not melting for no reason at all. And as a result of our pollution, the animals are suffering.

You think all of mankinds pollution is simply going to have no effect on the planet at all?

not to mention hollowing the earth out for all the fossil fuels to burn as well as digging up other minerals, cutting down the forests for paper, mining all the oil out of the ground

Climate change is happening now, and its going to take a long time for the planet to heal itself, regardless if we help it or not.

And YLA,

statisically speaking, the chances are extremely minuscule of either of those things happening in your lifetime.

Posted

You can't deny global warming. You can discuss if it's man-made or not, but the rising of the world seas can't be discussed. Because it is a fact. Well I believe it's man-made and supports the UN climate report.

Posted

The Earth is currently warming up: FACT

Is it because of us?: HIGHLY POSSIBLE

Should we take the precautions we can just in case? YES

YLA: Enjoy your time here, just don't destroy the world while you're at it

Posted

Yes the world is going down...

See us living...

We just go on and go on with this....

Not only the world even our problems, money, sex, etc...

But enjoy your stay here... if you not know what is next...

Posted

We all know that the earth is warming, but I don't think that it will lead to the catastrophies that some scientists say. For one thing, the effects of CO2 might actually not be bad. More CO2 means better harvests and more food for everyone. Higher temperature also means more water is being circulated through the atmosphere, meaning htat areas have more rain and less severe droughts. If anything, we should be happy the earth is warming.

Posted

Well, the first thing I said is based by either the Mayans, or Inkas, who belived that the world was going to end in 2012. I read it on Wikipedia.

Posted (edited)

I Don't care about my life so if i die next second I would not care (Not That I would want to die next second)

Edited by Dark Young Link (see edit history)

Posted

I Don't care about my life so if i die next second I would not care (Not That I would want to die next second)

Same here, but I don't think my girlfriend would like me to die. Don't get me started because she might not be my girlfriend, but i'm sure she likes me.

Posted

I go to heven And Everything is perfect. I have a Perfect and forever life. Then I don't have to worry about Anything.

Posted

Rofl. The warming of the planet may have a better harvest now, but it's highly possible it could also cause a second ice age. With the warming of the planet, the ice caps start melting. Since the ice caps are mostly freshwater, freshwater starts leaking into the oceans. This freshwater messes up the natural currents heating places like California. The environment isn't invincible.

Global warming is there and it's taking its toll. With combinations like cutting down forests and high CO2 levels, we're destroying the Earth's Oxygen content. Don't give me the crap that they plant two trees for every one they cut down. This may be true, but since no trees are left behind, there's no fertilizer from decaying trees for them in the future which causes the trees to grow poorly and die sooner.

We're destroying unique species that have never been discovered or studied and we're just shoving everything down as we think we're climbing the ladder. This is going to have a backlash on us worse than anything regular people think about.

Remember hurricane Katrina? Who wants to bet it wouldn't have happened if we didn't screw up the atmosphere?

Also, YLA, the sun is scheduled to explode in about... Billions of years from now? Besides, the sun is only going to expand far enough to engulf Mercury and Venus.

Also, we have enough nukes to destroy the Earth completely three times over in the US. Anything that has two minds to try and crash into us doesn't stand much of a chance unless we sit here like idiots.

Sahaqiel

Posted

True hmmmm. but this does not add up if god is going to destroy the earth... This is mind boggling

Posted

Not to be a jerk, I don't disagree with your religion, but a problem a lot of the religious people out there have is that they think Earth will be alright if they just sit and pray. Seriously, no offense, but this is an extremely ineffective way to do anything. The world isn't going to mend itself. Because this is exactly the kind of attitude that is destroying the environment around us.

But I'm the bad guy, right? I evaluate your action as negative and all of the sudden, I'm going to Hell?

Well, as humans, we're generally jerks to every other thing besides us. That cabinet in your house? They cut down a tree to make that. It was sitting there minding its own business. It had its own right to live. And someone cut it down so you can store plates you'll never use or whatnot. You may think, "Oh, well, it's just a tree." but no. Along with that tree, thousands of insects and a large variety of birds probably also went with it.

Sure, I'm the bad guy. I think that sitting there and going to church sitting on your intricately carved wooden chairs will somehow not save the world from trees being chopped down. God's not ending the world, people like you are.

The sun will explode because it's meant to. Nuclear fusion and all that. Not because God thinks it's time.

Sahaqiel