Do You Think Global Warming is true?

116 posts in this topic

Posted

1 - OK, you like exhaust... I'm pretty sure a majority of people don't.

2 - Most trees don't have bees, wtf, man. And there are better ways to get around. Auto companies are using hybrids and there are studies to try to improve emissions.

3 - Sigh... You know there's hundreds to thousands of undiscovered species under Antarctica. Also, penguins, fur seals, mosses, lichen, and many types of algae survive on or in Antarctica. Thanks for supporting the deaths of penguins and fur seals.

4 - Uhm?

5 - Wow, what? The heating studies are on yearly climate. The YEARLY CLIMATE has been increasing. This doesn't mean it's exclusive to Summer. And OK, we're facing the sun? Are you trying to say we're getting closer to the sun again? >__>

1. I know, but something must be wrong with me.

2. Still 3/4 of trees have bees, and yeah, but cars are faster, and well Hybrids are cars too.

3. There animals, and I have no clue what algee is, but i've heard of it.

5. No I am not saying the earth is getting closer to the sun again.

Posted

1. I know, but something must be wrong with me.

2. Still 3/4 of trees have bees, and yeah, but cars are faster, and well Hybrids are cars too.

3. There animals, and I have no clue what algee is, but i've heard of it.

5. No I am not saying the earth is getting closer to the sun again.

Well for one, you're being a bit stubborn. And no, not even 3/4ths of trees have bees. Besides, bees don't even attack you unless you get too close to their hive or you mess with them for no reason. And what did I compare to cars that would make you say that they're faster? I was saying they make Hybrids and do studies to improve emissions because of global warming and the fuel crisis... Algae is a plantlike substance that can range from being a unicellular organism to a multicellular organism. The largest forms are seaweed.

Seriously, though, if you believe in science, I'd like to know why you think global warming is fake. Why would people make up things like this? You've seen pictures of holes in our ozone layer. I've read that the thing is like three millimeters thick. If something three millimeters thick is keeping our entire planet from being a hostile burning wasteland, then what do you think a huge thick blanket of CO2 will do? It'll smother us. If not for the global warming, think of the ozone layer and what effects it could have on you if it were absent. It screens almost all of UV-B radiation which causes sunburn and can cause genetic interference that could lead to severe skin cancer. And you know, the ozone layer keeps off a lot of heat and radiation for us. The intensity of the sun's rays are literally 350 billion times more intense at the top of the atmosphere.

Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are extremely harmful. They were once used in sprays and similar products. After a large amount of nations banned them, the ozone layer depleted much more slowly than it had been in recent years where CFC's were used regularly. These compounds have an atmospheric life ranging from 50 to 100 years, and they can each cause a chain reaction that could destroy up to 100,000 ozone molecules.

And also, the same continuous warming effect the CO2 has in the atmosphere is cooling the stratospheric regions, where it would contribute to ozone holes such as these.

All this ozone is disappearing and the atmosphere is warming in accordance to the ozone depletion and CO2 levels and apparently it's because "we're getting closer to the sun. And it's summer."

C'mon, now.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well for one, you're being a bit stubborn. And no, not even 3/4ths of trees have bees. Besides, bees don't even attack you unless you get too close to their hive or you mess with them for no reason. And what did I compare to cars that would make you say that they're faster? I was saying they make Hybrids and do studies to improve emissions because of global warming and the fuel crisis... Algae is a plantlike substance that can range from being a unicellular organism to a multicellular organism. The largest forms are seaweed.

Seriously, though, if you believe in science, I'd like to know why you think global warming is fake. Why would people make up things like this? You've seen pictures of holes in our ozone layer. I've read that the thing is like three millimeters thick. If something three millimeters thick is keeping our entire planet from being a hostile burning wasteland, then what do you think a huge thick blanket of CO2 will do? It'll smother us. If not for the global warming, think of the ozone layer and what effects it could have on you if it were absent. It screens almost all of UV-B radiation which causes sunburn and can cause genetic interference that could lead to severe skin cancer. And you know, the ozone layer keeps off a lot of heat and radiation for us. The intensity of the sun's rays are literally 350 billion times more intense at the top of the atmosphere.

Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are extremely harmful. They were once used in sprays and similar products. After a large amount of nations banned them, the ozone layer depleted much more slowly than it had been in recent years where CFC's were used regularly. These compounds have an atmospheric life ranging from 50 to 100 years, and they can each cause a chain reaction that could destroy up to 100,000 ozone molecules.

And also, the same continuous warming effect the CO2 has in the atmosphere is cooling the stratospheric regions, where it would contribute to ozone holes such as these.

All this ozone is disappearing and the atmosphere is warming in accordance to the ozone depletion and CO2 levels and apparently it's because "we're getting closer to the sun. And it's summer."

C'mon, now.

Sahaqiel

Okay. Thank you for telling me about algee.

Someone made it up, because they wanted attention.

I have no idea what your talking about in the 3rd paragraph to the end. :wacko: I'm just telling you what I know, that it's summer, and what the internet told me, and the internet told me that the earth is getting closer to the sun, and that global warming is fake.

Posted

The internet is not always correct.

(ex:wikipedia. >_> )

Posted

I have no idea what your talking about in the 3rd paragraph to the end. :wacko: I'm just telling you what I know, that it's summer, and what the internet told me, and the internet told me that the earth is getting closer to the sun, and that global warming is fake.

Wow.

Alright, scientific studies practiced by a majority of the scientific community are apparently all made up because said people in the scientific community wanted attention? I think they were more giving attention to the problem at hand. And you follow the internet blindly. Jeez, what's with you? It's like believing your turtle over your science textbook or something.

And CFC's were used in common sprays, I was demonstrating what effect we had on the environment. Back in the 20s up to the banning of CFC's in products, the ozone layer was being depleted up to 4% a decade. And that's solid fact.

Give me proof that global warming is fake. Solid, static proof that will ultimately disprove all of what we said here. Don't say you don't care, you're too lazy, or that "global warming is fake and that's that". These are all excuses. Give proof that we're all lying to you because you know better than us and we're just following an attention hog's ambitions.

Jeez, I hate the I'm-right-you're-wrong approach.

Sahaqiel

Posted

hahahaql6.png

Posted

hahahaql6.png

*Nods head.* Well that was gay.

Posted

*Nods head.* Well that was gay.

hahahaql6.png

Posted

hahahaql6.png

Is that really nessasary? You do know there is a 1 at the end of it instead of an explanation mark.

Posted

It's an internet joke. Just ignore it.

Posted

Whenever scientists figure out a global problem, it isn't for attention. I would like to see the web page or website you read that says that global warming is fake. And if it's wikipedia, it's almost a guarantee that it is someone's opinion, as well. :unsure:

Posted

Whenever scientists figure out a global problem, it isn't for attention. I would like to see the web page or website you read that says that global warming is fake. And if it's wikipedia, it's almost a guarantee that it is someone's opinion, as well. :unsure:

I don't know. It was two or three years ago. I don't remember everything about a website after three years.

Posted

I don't know. It was two or three years ago. I don't remember everything about a website after three years.

Then that info could be outdated and not even correct by now...not that it was two or three years ago really if it stated global warming isn't true.

*Googles*

I just found a site that claims global warming isn't real. Though I can't say I agree with it...

Posted

Then that info could be outdated and not even correct by now...not that it was two or three years ago really if it stated global warming isn't true.

*Googles*

I just found a site that claims global warming isn't real. Though I can't say I agree with it...

I don't know if that's it, but still I belive that. It's on the internet by some offical sounding dude on an official sounding website.

Posted

I don't know if that's it, but still I belive that. It's on the internet by some offical sounding dude on an official sounding website.

hahahaql6.png