Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dead Hand Theory

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember the Dead Hand? The crazy monster that was Beneath the Well and in the Shadow Temple?

I think that he is "The Man Who Could See the Truth" that the old man talks about in Kakariko Village. . .

Why?

The old man said that "The Man Who Could See the Truth" lived where the well now stands. That is where you fight Dead Hand for "The Man Who Could See the Truth"'s most precious device, The Lens of Truth. After the well was built and the man had died the Lens of Truth was no where to be found. I believe "The Man Who Could See the Truth" saw that someone would steal his Lens of Truth, so he cursed himself in order to protect it. He turned himself into a haggard corpse like monster that would bring fear to anyone who neared him. He hid the Lens beneath the well and waited there so he could protect it. Since he was dead, he had no use for it, but he still didn't want to see it in anyone Else's hands.

After Young Link bravely journeyed through the bottom of the well, he came to confront "The Man Who Could See the Truth", or now, Dead Hand, and was victorious. As he continued his quest, the Dead Hand longed for his lens back, so he hid in the Shadow Temple guarding a item he knew Link would need. In that time, he grew two more arms. In attempt to gain back the lens of truth from Link, he fought again. He lost once again. It is unknown whether Link truly defeated him this time, or if he will return. He could, perhaps even be in Twilight Princess.

That is my theory about Dead Hand. It is mostly a guess, but I refuse to believe Ganondorf created Dead Hand. Dead Hand is too strange of a creature to belong to Ganondorf.

Posted

i like your theory...

sounds reasonable

Posted

It does seem like all that evidence falls into place... :blink:

Posted

Hmmmm........if the man lived where the well is now, then where did he live between when they demolished his house and built the well? :huh:

Posted

he prob lived, in that deserted house over there ---->

:unsure:

Posted

Maybe it was 2 hands?

He could have cursed and cut off his first hand, to guard the Lens of Truth, and he was buried in the Shadow Temple with his other hand, which split off and tried to regain the Lens of Truth?

Posted

I already assumed your theory was true, it seems likely that it is, but i might add a few more things to it, that i think may be related to his story.

I believe that Dead Hand was once a human man, who lived in the town with the other people, he must have known somewhat about magic because he owned the lens of truth, and he must have had some magical energy to be able to use it. He seemed to be really attatched to the lens, and its magical powers, and even in death he wanted to protect it - this suggests that he was insane.

but maybe he never did die? perhaps he didnt feel safe sleeping in a town with so many people, where his lens might easily be stolen by one of the townsfolk. he may have gone into hiding, leaving his belongings at home but taking his lens, returning a few years later to find the well completed and thinking he and his lens might be safe there from people / intruders.

I agree that Dead Hand is probably not a creature of Ganon, but perhaps Ganon's magic did change him (not on purpose) as it changed alot of the creatures of the land when he arrived. And i also agree with you about him waiting in the shadow temple, where he knew link would one day come with the lens of truth.

Posted

Eww. . .

Posted

eww? wats eww?

Posted

eww? wats eww?

haha...I'm assuming that Goron_Merchant dislike Death Hand very much..and the reason he said 'ew' was that it gives him teh creeps :rolleyes:

Posted

ahhh an excellent deduction goron merchant

as well as ZuZu The Magic Cow.

though what i am little concern or iffy is his hand parts.

we all know that he has mutliples of hands.

but i dont see the reason behind how he got more hands...

::hmmm:: maybe i read it wrong.

Posted

there's something bout this one that makes me feel very uncertain..so I'm not going to comment on this one..untill I find out what it is that I'm feeling...out of place..perhaps..?

Hmm...got to go back and play the game again...cause I remember deducting a theory for this one..but alas..I've forgotten.. <_<

Posted

I like this little theory. I think its true, it all makes sense to me. I always kinda thought that the hand in the well was protecting the lence of truth (it did well because I always got hit when I came out of a door lol)

the dead hand could very well be that of the man that owned the lense

and maybe that man lived in the Windmill? lol it.. makes sinse.. :embarrassed:

can I put your theory on my website? =3

Posted

I'm bringing sexy back. For those new members that missed my theories, here they are again resurrected in all of their former splendor.

Posted

I like reading your theories.

This one does seem reasonable.