Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda game with the best subtitle?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally feelings about each title's gameplay, plot, characters, visual style, etc. aside, out of the subtitled Zelda games (The Legend of Zelda: ____), which one(s) do you think had the best one? Which title do you think was the most relevant to its game's story?

I personally like the way Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass sound the best. I just think they have this really nice ring to them that the others don't have.

Posted

I can't really tell the differnce, but I kinda can.

I guess I'll say OoT, MM, TP, and I really hate, and I mean REALLY, but WW had good subtitles.

Posted

I like Link to the past and awakening, because without being an item or character they really realate to the game.

Posted

I don't generally like subtitles with Link's name in them, though Link to the Past is alright. My favorite one is twilight Princess, though.

Posted

Rofl. Some people had objections to Twilight Princess because it sounded too feminine. Which was then I thought, "Uhm... This does say Legend of Zelda, right? We're all on the same grounds, correct? Zelda's a girl name? Right? Right?? Oh. Yeah, thought so."

Besides, despite not being the darkest emotional game to the series, it was definitely the game with the darkest setting... Hard to think of it as "too girly".

I'd say Majora's Mask is the best subtitle, in my opinion. It actually had the villain's name in it. Can you believe it? What's more, Majora's Mask has that ring that could only come from a good alliteration...

And adding onto that point, I've always been fond of the concept of where the actual culprit is something owned by the villain.

Majora could be an actual entity, it could not, but the entire game was based on something that was owned as an object of sorts.

The concept of something like that sounds very sinister sometimes...

Also, you have left out Adventures after Four Swords. Understandable mistake. You won't mind if I fix it, right? (Sorry for assuming, yes, I know what it does.)

Sahaqiel

Posted

I never really thought about it - but now that I do I think most of the names are actually quite plain/boring & straight to the point.

ie. majoras mask - about majoras mask. ocarina of time - about an ocarina of time

I dont think any of them have a spectacular name.

Posted

A Link to the Past. It's interesting and slightly double meaninged, unlike others.

I think Phantom Hourglass sounds coolest, though.

Posted

Most of the Zelda subtitles are important items or people in the game like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, etc. Majora's Mask is unique because it's the only Zelda subtitle named after the main villian. I've always wondered what the subtitle A Link to the Past is suppose to mean; what importance does it have in the game?

Posted

I would've said The Wind Waker or The Minish Cap because they're the only one's with "The" in them, which many people overlook, but then I decided against being an idiot. My favorite is Twilight Princess because it's...a mystery. :unsure: Read on:

(Whoopdee doo, spoilers. I was wondering whether it was even worth using spoiler tags, but I decided to because some people haven't played the game yet. For reasons.)

Well, from the title came the seemingly obvious and straight-forward assumption that Zelda would actually be the Twilight Princess. Even Midna refers to her as such in-game. HOWEVER, as you continue to play, you learn that MIDNA WAS ACTUALLY THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS ALL ALONG, JKHDFHGSAJKHFGFSFDSA. Then you're all like, "O wow. I now know why the game is called this." The end.

Posted

(Whoopdee doo, spoilers. I was wondering whether it was even worth using spoiler tags, but I decided to because some people haven't played the game yet. For reasons.)

Well, from the title came the seemingly obvious and straight-forward assumption that Zelda would actually be the Twilight Princess. Even Midna refers to her as such in-game. HOWEVER, as you continue to play, you learn that MIDNA WAS ACTUALLY THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS ALL ALONG, JKHDFHGSAJKHFGFSFDSA. Then you're all like, "O wow. I now know why the game is called this." The end.

Haha, I remember when everyone was saying that Zelda was the Twilight Princess before the game came out, and people thought the robed person in the trailers (

who turned out to be Zelda

) was Sheik or Impa becuase of the Sheikah crest on the back.

Posted

The sounds of the newer names are good but I like how A Link to the Past is a little more subtle... makes you wonder a bit.

Posted

A Link to the Past. It's the only one with true originality.

Posted

Link's Awakening does not?

It's a hint to the ending of the game when Link wakes up. It implies that the whole game is a dream.

Posted

I've always though "A Link to the Past" was a good one. After that, Oracle of Seasons/Ages". It seems that the subtitles get crappier with every new release.

Posted

Link's Awakening does not?

It's a hint to the ending of the game when Link wakes up. It implies that the whole game is a dream.

True, but it didn't use Link as a noun :P