Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TP Speculation #1: The Instrument

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So, we haven't heard anything about the instrument in Twilight Princess yet. In fact, we don't even know if there will be one.

But think about this idea for a little while. This just came to me.

Twilight Princess draws a lot on Ocarina of Time, correct? The opening video, the style of the graphics, and its place in the Zelda timeline, etc. TP is pretty much meant to comfort the OOT lovers out there.

So what if TP Link gets the Ocarina of Time?

We don't know what happened to OOT Link after MM, so what's up with the Ocarina of Time? Was it buried with him when he died? Or did it find its way into some cave somewhere, lost for some time, to be found by another hero?

Maybe it wouldn't have any more time-travelling ability, due to it aging and losing power or something. It would just serve as a nostalgic nod to OOT, solidifying the link between the two games.

I don't know, just a thought. Anybody have an idea one way or the other about this?

Posted

well, link has a flute that can call epona...

and wolf link can howl. but i dont know much about that yet.

Posted

well, link has a flute that can call epona...

and wolf link can howl. but i dont know much about that yet.

Actually, Link blows on a special type of grass to call Epona. And yes, the wolf howl seems to have replaced the instrument in TP. I just like the idea of having the OOT again. :P

Posted

How about he gets both the Ocarina AND the Wind Waker? :P

Posted

As far as we know, there is no instrument in the game. Nevertheless, when transformed into Wolf Link, you can howl in different pitches and create tunes. How weird is that?? :embarrassed:

There is talk about returning songs from previous games, including a particularly cool one from Majora's Mask.

Posted

I have a trailer of wolf link howling. it tells you what notes he is playing on the screen

Posted

There is talk about returning songs from previous games, including a particularly cool one from Majora's Mask.

its actully its song of healing you know up,<,>,up,<,>

Posted

its actully its song of healing you know up,<,>,up,<,>

THAT would be Epona's Song. :embarrassed: The Song of Healing goes <, >, v, <, >, v.