Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Future

117 posts in this topic

Posted

logo2.png

So, I'm sure it's not hard to put together that Zelda Future is a Zelda game set in the future. Something that might've popped into your head is the image of Link, riding a motorcycle with the word EPONA branded on the side, blasting wildly into the dark night air with his assault rifle, littering the ground with gore as Ganon collapses from his wounds - and at the last moment, the missile launch sequence is stopped, and Link has saved Hyrule from nuclear winter.

Well, unless that brief narrative sounded appealing to you, you are in luck. That is absolutely not what this game is going to be. You can certainly look forward to more than a few technological advances in the land of Hyrule, but at the end of the day, this is still the Hyrule you remember.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

The usual Zelda gameplay you love!

(But now with more electricity!)

The guide who floats along with you, screaming helpful tips!

Who could forget such classics like: "Hey!", "Hey, listen!", and "You can open doors by pressing A!"

Predictable dungeon set-ups!

(Experience ingenious gameplay mechanics, like bosses who are defeated with the item from the same dungeon!)

Some kind of instrument!

(Now you can play Smoke on the Water... with your keyboard!)

Tingle!

(Kooloo-limpah!)

Oh, and pieces of heart and sidequests and a pretty sweet story if I do say so myself and I do because I wrote it and lol did I mention Tingle?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here's the thing. I could try to do this entire project myself. But why would I ever attempt that?

Instead, I need to assemble a ragtag cast of code jockeys, music wizards, and pixel vigilantes to help me pull this thing together.

I could conceivably split this into 50 roles, but let's go with something like this.

This is what needs to be done:

Art

This includes concept art, promotional art... whatever else you can think of involving drawing or Photoshop.

Spriting and Tiling

Obviously very important. This includes all the pixelwork in the game, including items, enemies, the settings... basically the whole thing.

This can be split up a bunch of different ways like, for example, one person does spriting and another tiling.

Music and Sounds

This is self-explanatory, more or less. Again, this can be split up.

Programming

This one's the monster. There's a ton to get working. Here, I am looking for someone good with Ruby, GML, or some other language we can work with. Depending on how we go about it, some tasks will be easier than other, and some may even be done for us. But all together, we have to program the battle system, the menu, the HUD, the items, the enemies, and the events. This would be a ton of work for one person, I would never expect someone to take all this on. If you want to, be my guest. Otherwise, it'll be split up a couple ways at least, and I should be able to manage some of it also.

All of those monumental tasks can be split between multiple people if need be.

I'll be doing some of the stuff on that list also, depending on which roles don't get filled.

If you are at all interested, PM me, or just post in the thread, or get in touch any way you want to.

What are the benefits of being on staff for Zelda Future, you ask?

Early access to the story!

(Brag to your friends about the secret you've been trusted with!)

Input on the game's storyline!

(Argue about the Zelda timeline with other staff members, long into the night!)

Your name will be immortalized in the credits!

(Every person who plays the game will know your name or at least refer to you as "that guy who did ______"!)

Earn valuable experience!

(Level up your talents!)

It'll be keen!

Apply today!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if that was all tl;dr, then all you need to know is that now is your time to ask questions, praise my writing,

demand screenshots, or ask to join my cadre of work monkeys.

Posted

Resprite the damn hammer.

>:(

Posted

I'll try to help. I can do some art. Banners, logos, concept art, anything you want, just tell me. Sounds like a pretty cool game.

Posted

Resprite the damn hammer.

>:(

See, this? This is not helpful.

Posted

Lol.

Questions:

1) What kind of monsters do you fight?

2) What kind of items do you use?

3) Do you already have all of that entirely planned out, or can I help?

Posted

Lol.

Questions:

1) What kind of monsters do you fight?

2) What kind of items do you use?

3) Do you already have all of that entirely planned out, or can I help?

1) Monsters are the usuals. Octoroks, Keese, Like Likes, etcetera.

2) I don't want to give away too much about the items, but they're familiar.

3) I'd be happy to take suggestions.

Posted

Ah. I see. In that case, I'm pretty much out of ideas, at least until I know more.

Posted

See, this? This is not helpful.

If you resprite the hammer, I will be helpful.

Posted

There was an april fool's video for something like this last year, but there was a tie fighter in one of the concept art pictures...

Posted

There was an april fool's video for something like this last year, but there was a tie fighter in one of the concept art pictures...

That's awesome. XD

Posted

Yeah, I remember that. Except I've been working on this for two years, so I have senority. xD;

Posted (edited)

Just to be mean.

He started the project two years ago, then, lost interest, and then, came back to it a few days ago and told me he would start it at the end of June or so. It was also in his signature, I think it said "June 16th."

I EDIT EVERY SINGLE POST I MAKE THE FIRST FEW SECONDS IT'S MADE

If you ever make a real title for this, don't use the, most of the time, famous "___ of ___" subtitle.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

I wont be useful here... I can't do naything DX

Posted

Just to be mean.

He started the project two years ago, then, lost interest, and then, came back to it a few days ago and told me he would start it at the end of June or so. It was also in his signature, I think it said "June 16th."

I EDIT EVERY SINGLE POST I MAKE THE FIRST FEW SECONDS IT'S MADE

If you ever make a real title for this, don't use the, most of the time, famous "___ of ___" subtitle.

Lol.

There will be a 'real' title for it, and I won't be using the "____ of ____" subtitle.

Although, out of fairness to the subtitle, the only games to use it are OoT and Oracles.

Posted (edited)

Yes, but still, most fangames use that subtitle.

Actually, I have only seen a few games in my day and haven't made a lot of fangames in my time.

But, thank you for not using the subtitle. This makes you even p. cooler.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)