Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Large or otherwise huge sig images

94 posts in this topic

Posted

I am so freaking sick of people's MASSIVE SIG IMAGES!

I say we enact a LIMIT.

Perhaps a max of 100 pixels high, 200 pixels wide?

One picture per signature unless the multiple pictures add up to 200 by 100?

I've seen sigs that extend the screen to the right and it's annoying.

*sigh*

But for now, there are fantastic ways to get rid of them.

I speak of course, of Adblock Plus for Firefox.

Free plugin, you right click on the annoying image, and click "Adblock image..."

But it clutters up my Adblock list. We need to serious enact a limit.

For example, here are some sig examples.

INAPPROPRIATE:

inappropriatesigsize1.jpg

APPROPRIATE:

appropriatesigsize1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I agree with this, but only because I would also like a limit on the length of everyone's signature. Some are almost a page in width, and this gets annoying while reading a thread, more scrolling. Since I'm American, that makes me lazy, so more scrolling = No. A limit on pictures and length for signatures would be great.

Also, the whole signature shouldn't have all caps as well as being in a bigger size.

Another example of large signatures:

largesignaturesti4.png

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

I Agree. some signatures cover over an entire page on my browser. its ridiculous.

Posted

thats why i shrunk mine

Posted

Still kinda big, man.

Can't you resize the animation to 100 by 100 with Photoshop, put it as your avatar, and take out one of those two sigs?

Posted

Still kinda big, man.

Can't you resize the animation to 100 by 100 with Photoshop, put it as your avatar, and take out one of those two sigs?

how about now :cry:

Posted

Better.

Posted

Eh, I felt mine was a bit big, so I fixed it.

And it is a bother with signatures that cover over half the page, they're an eyesore. A limit would be very nice.

Posted

I agree. Let's keep the signatures reasonable. Mods, please kindly ask people with giant signatures to shorten them. Something around 150px is a reasonable maximum... that leaves room for a normal sized banner with some text above/below. The mods aren't going to be nazis and make you change yours if it's a little too big, but keep things reasonable. Your signature shouldn't take up half the screen. =) If you have multiple images, try putting them together without space to condense them. If your sig is currently GIANT, we will give you some leeway but letting you ease it down some without going all the way to 150px IF There is no easy way for you to do that. Just work on it..

Thanks!

Posted

yeah big sigs do get annoying. :(

Posted

150px? That's a bit small if you ask me. I'd say at least 200px, if not 250px. But then again, I'm in no position to be deciding these things.

And YLA, your signature is one of the ones that are a tad big. Removing those Gaia Avatars would be a good idea.

Posted

150px? That's a bit small if you ask me. I'd say at least 200px, if not 250px. But then again, I'm in no position to be deciding these things.

And YLA, your signature is one of the ones that are a tad big. Removing those Gaia Avatars would be a good idea.

What do you mean? It's small.

Posted

Yeah, a sig limit would be nice. Now, I just have to figure out pixel sizes... :embarrassed:

And YLA, it's slighly big because it takes up slighly over half a page on my browser. Deleting that last line on your sig or reorganizing it would probably be fine.

Posted

What do you mean? It's small.

Not exactly. I think something around Twilight Oni Link's signature is acceptable, if not a bit smaller. Yours is fairly large, comparing it to his.

Posted

What do you expect me to get rid of?