The Monster at Lake Hylia

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I been playing OoT on my N64 & there are three big Sctratches on the Tree

Thank you Mr Obvious.

I think that it was volvagia my idea behind that: many years before volvagia lived in death mountain he was a new born dragon from the sun (ya know how when you shoot it with an arrow as it rises and you get fire arrows) and rampaged scratching the tree in the progress, and found his way to heat (death mountain) when gannon came to power and the lake dried up and he resurected volvagia. he was like him self as a newborn dragon flew to his birthspot and went into the temple thrashing around due to resurection defects making the scratch inside the temple. as he calmed he left for death mountain for revenge on the gorons the lake partialy filled up.

and that is how.

Posted

Thank you Mr Obvious.

I think that it was volvagia my idea behind that: many years before volvagia lived in death mountain he was a new born dragon from the sun (ya know how when you shoot it with an arrow as it rises and you get fire arrows) and rampaged scratching the tree in the progress, and found his way to heat (death mountain) when gannon came to power and the lake dried up and he resurected volvagia. he was like him self as a newborn dragon flew to his birthspot and went into the temple thrashing around due to resurection defects making the scratch inside the temple. as he calmed he left for death mountain for revenge on the gorons the lake partialy filled up.

and that is how.

with all honesty, Mr. FHF, i don't believe that, mostly

Posted

What game is this?

Posted

Ocarina of Time.

Posted (edited)

Mabye that tree has been around for a long time. A Yeti, (Like Yeto), could have gotten at it for some reason, if that lake was ever frozen or snowy.

:hmm:

EDIT: Or when he was getting some reekfish...

Edited by Nick Haines (see edit history)

Posted

I had a thought about the scratches on the tree bit... could Nintendo have planned some sort of fight at Lake Hylia in the early planning stages of OoT, and added the scratch on the tree to show the player that there'd be a large monster of some kind to fight? It would seem like it'd be more challenging to fight a large monster to earn the Fire Arrows, rather than firing a normal arrow into the sun at dawn when the sun's at just the right angle over the lake.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the fully formed Triforce supposed to be in the game originally in dev stage? They decided to take it out in the end, and I thought I also heard initially that the Temple of Time was to have it's own dungeon, and not just house the Master Sword...

In conclusion, I would say that mark on the tree is just a clawmark on the tree of something that was supposed to be in the game, the devs decided against it, took the monster/encounter out but forgot to take the gash in the tree out. It's not the first time it's happened in video games either.

Posted

I had a thought about the scratches on the tree bit... could Nintendo have planned some sort of fight at Lake Hylia in the early planning stages of OoT, and added the scratch on the tree to show the player that there'd be a large monster of some kind to fight? It would seem like it'd be more challenging to fight a large monster to earn the Fire Arrows, rather than firing a normal arrow into the sun at dawn when the sun's at just the right angle over the lake.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the fully formed Triforce supposed to be in the game originally in dev stage? They decided to take it out in the end, and I thought I also heard initially that the Temple of Time was to have it's own dungeon, and not just house the Master Sword...

In conclusion, I would say that mark on the tree is just a clawmark on the tree of something that was supposed to be in the game, the devs decided against it, took the monster/encounter out but forgot to take the gash in the tree out. It's not the first time it's happened in video games either.

this seems very possible, considering all of these (except the TF) happened in TP.