The Monster at Lake Hylia

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh yeah, I remember that now. What an odd place for someone to set up shop...

Anyway, I think that scar on the tree was make on purpose and not by accident. Though the tree is old, it would be centuries old if volvagia was around to put a scratch on it, not to mention that Volvagia would probably burn the tree down, not scratch it.

Posted

True. I like your theory about it marking the temple. . . but that doesn't really explain the scratch inside. And all of the Dragon icons and statues.

Posted

You have a point there. The atatues actually might be of the sky god valoo from Wind Waker. It's a stretch, since the Zoras probably didn't worship him until they evolved into Rito, but it's the only other explanation I can think of. The scrathes are most likely from monsters, especially the spike balls and shell blades, damaging the temple.

Posted

If thats the case than Valoo was quite a bit thinner in his younger days. :biggrin:

Posted

Yeah, he probably gained a few tons when he started spending most of his time sitting on top of Dragon Roost Island. :biggrin:

Anyway, I went back to the water temple and looked at the statues. Is it just me, or do those heads have ears on them?

Posted

I'm not sure. I haven't been there in awhile. Do you remember the big one with the switch in his mouth in one room?

Posted

I remember that one. The statue and volvagia do look a lot alike. Perhaps the Zora have some connection with volvagia after all.

Posted

Maybe they created Volvagia (or released him from the Water Temple) during the Great War (When all of the different races of Hyrule fought for the Triforce) to overtake the Gorons. Thats when Darunia's ancestor used the megaton hammer to defeat him for a first time.

If the Zoras are the Rito, than they do seem to have some connection with Fire Dragons.

Posted

That seems plausible. Zoras and gorons never seem to talk to each other much, so it wouldn't be surprising if they wanted each other dead during the Great War. Of course, I can't imagine how creatures that live in water managed to create a monster that can live in magma. Maybe Zoras are good with creating monsters?

Posted

Well, when you enter the grave there are just some Business Shrubs.

Weird if this was after MM I would say that's where they buried the deku buttlers son... and he grew up in his grave and started a shop. Sorry that was :offtopic:

Well even if zoras were too worship Volgia, why do they have Jabu Jabu? Did they replace Volgia and she got mad and adapted to live in fire, and learned to eat gorons. Or Jabu Jabu and Volgia fought and Jabu Jabu won and became the Zora's Lord.

Posted

Maybe Jabu-Jabu took part in Volvagia's creation? He is a god, after all.

Posted

Maybe Jabu-Jabu took part in Volvagia's creation? He is a god, after all.

Then, maybe, Voligia created too much havic so they moved her to Death Mountain. Voliga is a chick right? I think so.

Posted

perhaps at one time there were 4 dragons that ruled over each element but at the great war they were destroyed by opposing races and the water dragon was defending itself and thid was what damaged the temple

Posted

in the OoT manga, Volaniga is Link's Pet friend, then Ganon makes her/him Evil....

Posted

But the manga is far from canon. In fact in the game (as canon as it gets) both the gorons and Ganondorf tell Link that Volvagia is an ancient beast that had brought ruin to the gorons once before but Darunia's ancestor vanquished the beast using the Megaton Hammer.

I trust the game more than its contradicting manga.