Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 reasons why Link has a Green Tunic. And why he has his hat :D

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, just thought of something, Minish Cap can't take place after the flooding of hyrule, because there's a Gerudo civilization in Four Swords Adventure. The odds of the exact same civilization and culture emerging twice under entirely different circumstances are extremely low. There are also Zoras, who are apparently extinct post-flood. Since FSA takes place after Minish Cap, there is approximately a .00001% chance that Minish Cap's setting is post flood.

I eagerly await Sahaqiel's response.

Posted

I'd still like to use my Zora-to-Rito evolution defense mechanism theory again... Zoras evolved to Rito to be able to fly over the dangers of the ocean instead of being potential prey, and then once the flood waters receded or Link & Tetra found a "New Hyrule" (whichever comes first, that is IF the flood waters did eventually recede), the Rito could've flown to explore this region the pair found or they either found a suitable new home, and somehow nature took over and made the Rito back into Zora again, then they go on to creating a new Zora's Domain or a home with a similar name...

This is the only way I can think of to explain the Zora-to-Rito-to-Zora-again transition between pre and post flood games...

Posted

Hey, just thought of something, Minish Cap can't take place after the flooding of hyrule, because there's a Gerudo civilization in Four Swords Adventure. The odds of the exact same civilization and culture emerging twice under entirely different circumstances are extremely low. There are also Zoras, who are apparently extinct post-flood. Since FSA takes place after Minish Cap, there is approximately a .00001% chance that Minish Cap's setting is post flood.

You're assuming that FSA is post-MC, and that's not necessarily the case.

I'd still like to use my Zora-to-Rito evolution defense mechanism theory again... Zoras evolved to Rito to be able to fly over the dangers of the ocean instead of being potential prey, and then once the flood waters receded or Link & Tetra found a "New Hyrule" (whichever comes first, that is IF the flood waters did eventually recede), the Rito could've flown to explore this region the pair found or they either found a suitable new home, and somehow nature took over and made the Rito back into Zora again, then they go on to creating a new Zora's Domain or a home with a similar name...

This is the only way I can think of to explain the Zora-to-Rito-to-Zora-again transition between pre and post flood games...

There are no Zoras in MC, so that's pretty much moot. For any other game with Zoras in it that has no certain place in the timeline, you should assume it takes place in the other line rather than taking place after MC.

On the topic of the unnamed hero, I just wanted to point out that it's not necessary for him to have been alive between WW and MC. His legend could have taken place before OOT, if you like.

(And as a side note, there is no evidence in the game that the unnamed hero is Gustaf. People assume, but there is nothing pointing to it.)

Posted

Naeb explained some of this already, but I'll respond anyways since you seem so eager.

For one, there's not really any given proof here that FSA has anything to do with MC. Not only that, but Gorons emerged under entirely different circumstances in WW, and it's very possible the "small-time" pirate gang that Tetra mentions, that occupied the Forsaken Fortress before Ganondorf, could have been Gerudo. (I saw a convincing thread on it a long while back. Can't exactly remember what it says. I might try to drag it up... Maybe.)

The Gerudo were never really proven to have been wiped out in TP, if this is what you are saying. Telma the barwoman looks pretty Gerudo to me.

Also, that statistic is irrelevant. Go read the thread I keep linking to you people.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hm, well I just think the four swords series takes place in an alternate universe in which the triforce doesn't exist. MC is about Vaati's origins. He wasn't a giant eyeball until he absorbed the light force from Zelda.

Posted

Hm, well I just think the four swords series takes place in an alternate universe in which the triforce doesn't exist. MC is about Vaati's origins. He wasn't a giant eyeball until he absorbed the light force from Zelda.

Minish Cap had Triforce symbols everywhere.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah, as nice as it would be to just strap those games to an alternate universe, it just isn't possible. Not to mention, FSA ties in with LttP. It's un-get-rid-of-able.

Posted

I think he has a green tunic mainly because green is associated with the color of things like life, nature, and rebirth. Link's character is associated with rebirth (saving hyrule = rebirth, basically), and that's why I think they decided to go with green. As for his hat, it's just a typical style associated with fantasy stories/illustrations, and they've managed to keep the style throughout the games because it fits the character (:: Link is always a normal guy, Link always wears a tunic, Link always wears a hat).

I won't say anything about MC... I don't think that it precedes any of the games, and I won't be looking into its place in the storyline. Nintendo hasn't figured it out yet, so I'll wait. I think they just tried something different with MC, and that's how that particular Link got his hat.

Posted

Still, that was an awful lot of fanfare just for getting a hat.