Appearances in Subspace Emissary

154 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, so for a while now I've watched the appearances of some characters in the SSE. Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense. Sure, they were cool, but c'mon. Okay, Snake. We don't know how he got into the Halberd, or what his mission was, but there he was. Then Sonic. When Tabuu was about to use his trophy-aphying move for the second time, randomly Sonic rushes in and breaks his wings. WHERE?!?! How the heck did he get there?

So, this is a topic to discuss matters like those.

Posted

Ok, so for a while now I've watched the appearances of some characters in the SSE. Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense. Sure, they were cool, but c'mon. Okay, Snake. We don't know how he got into the Halberd, or what his mission was, but there he was. Then Sonic. When Tabuu was about to use his trophy-aphying move for the second time, randomly Sonic rushes in and breaks his wings. WHERE?!?! How the heck did he get there?

So, this is a topic to discuss matters like those.

Easy. Snake was going to kill metanight, and Sonic was hired by Mario. XD

Posted

HAHAHAHA! HOHOHOHO! Uh, no. Snakes mission is possible, he may have been sent to take over the Halberd (for some reason).

Posted

Maybe Tabuu destroyed Sonic's universe as well. . .

Posted

Yeah, I was wondering wtf Sonic just came in and stole everyone's thunder.

I was assuming that the decision to add Sonic in was last-second and they got lazy.

Snake could have been investigating the destructive force of the Halberd when it was taken over. But Sonic doesn't have much plausible reason. You never saw any environment based on Sonic's universe.

It would've been cool if Toon Link was in Subspace Emissary. =(

The two Links would be like, "??".

I think it'd be funny if Jiggs was in it. 'Cause she's such a marshmallow.

Etc. etc.

I was kinda' annoyed that TL didn't make an appearance in SE. But oh well.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well, he had a mini introduction cutscene if you unlock him from the forest (so do Jigglypuff and Wolf), but it isn't much and has nothing to do with the story at all.

Posted

Well, he had a mini introduction cutscene if you unlock him from the forest (so do Jigglypuff and Wolf), but it isn't much and has nothing to do with the story at all.

I can't find Jigglypuff in the SSE. Where is he. I think jigglypuff is a he, just a baddly named guy pokemon, like how I found a female Mr. Mime.

Posted

Yes, I know that they have intros.

I unlocked them that way.

(And Jiggs is most likely a female in Smash Bros. since she gets to wear the female Pok

Posted

Saha: I never noticed that. :o

I've always assumed it was a he. In retrospect, that's kinda rude. I'm sorry Jigglypuff!!!

Posted

Yes, I know that they have intros.

I unlocked them that way.

(And Jiggs is most likely a female in Smash Bros. since she gets to wear the female Pok

Posted

Woot, 666,7th reply.

Anyways, yes.

Wonder if they *possible* next Smash Bros will have a better *possible* character plot involvement.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Woot, 666,7th reply.

Anyways, yes.

Wonder if they *possible* next Smash Bros will have a better *possible* character plot involvement.

Sahaqiel

And *possible* Young Link, and if not I won't buy the next one because I was tricked into buying this one.

Posted

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee you were

having the other 3 characters (and sonic because he's essentially like the other 3 , but in time to use him for the final battle) more integrated into the stoory would've been fun. As sakurai said, part of the fun for the storyline with the subspace emissary was seeing how the characters from the different series interacted with each other.

Posted

Yus. It was very interesting finding out what went where.

Though Link's involvement annoyed me slightly because he's paired up with Yoshi of all people for no apparent reason, and he also gets the Master Sword for some unexplained reason.

Even though it's not canonical, wouldn't it be better if he just had the Master Sword for no reason as opposed to him getting the Master Sword for no reason? A bit nitpicky.

Also, shush YLA. Just because Young Link isn't in the game doesn't mean it's not a good game.

If that were true, then 99.9999% of the gaming industry would be a flop.

At least it has Zelda characters in it, jeez.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah, Sonic's little hero moment was a bit...odd.

Ganondorf's involvement as colleague of Bowser and the second archvillain being told what to do by a controlled Master Hand who was being manipulated by Tabuu was pretty sweet, 'specially when he was all commanding the big ship thing. Then Kirby comes in and BOOMISH, and he's like, "Oh KJSXHBFH, bye bye," as he flips his cape and walks on in. Link being paired with Yoshi was a real bummer, because I can't do anything with Yoshi, and this creates an instant impact on my brain that he's not going to be very helpful, being the lazy dinosaur that he is.

The whole Tabuu thing took me by surprise, I mean, OK, here I am, gotta beat Master Hand whom we all know, and then out of nowhere HOLY FRIP, LOOKIT, IT'S TABUU! Who's Tabuu? Iunno. What? It sort of seemed like they just needed an oobervillain who wasn't Master Hand, so they gave us this guy without a real backstory. I have an inkling that it says something about him on his trophy, but I haven't read it since I got it. I'll check later, yar.

And *possible* Young Link, and if not I won't buy the next one because I was tricked into buying this one.

And *possible* the Young Link you speak of may *possibly* be from games that *maybe* were *perhaps* from a while ago, so Toon Link *possibly* overrides him as a *possible* character choice. What is the big deal/difference? They both occupy the same place in general properties. cmzbvjhldf If Ganondorf wasn't in the game but they had somebody just like him, I'd probably use that somebody.