Appearances in Subspace Emissary

154 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well considering Tabuu was introduced in this game in the Subspace, I just thought he was a being created by the Subspace. Thats probably why he needed no backstory, since the Subspace was introduced in the game (then again, I'm sort of creating my own backstory, but that's the impression I got. Bowser joined Ganny, who was under the command of Master Hand. When the Subspace came in, Tabuu began controlling Master Hand and took control of the whole situation.)

Now with Sonic I can understand. The first time I saw him, I could only think, "Alright, Sonic! Wait... what? Where... ?" o_0

Okay, Snake. We don't know how he got into the Halberd, or what his mission was, but there he was.

As for Snake, he came in the same as every other SSBB character came in. If you're wondering why Snake's in this, its like wondering how Yoshi was in the forest, or why Mr Game and Watch was in it. They all come from different universes (save for some) but they're all in the game. Thats the whole point lol.

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

And *possible* the Young Link you speak of may *possibly* be from games that *maybe* were *perhaps* from a while ago, so Toon Link *possibly* overrides him as a *possible* character choice. What is the big deal/difference? They both occupy the same place in general properties. cmzbvjhldf If Ganondorf wasn't in the game but they had somebody just like him, I'd probably use that somebody.

CAPTAIN FALCON!!~ :mask:

(We should have a Captain Falcon icon.)

Posted

Tabuu was essentially the perpetrator os the subspace, that was his world and he wanted to alternative world (the real world for most of the characters) to be absorbed into it.

To be honest, I think Tabuu is awesome, Master hand would've been samey, pretty easy to kill and a bit of an anti-climax...

Posted

Tabuu is pretty sweet. I'm sure everyone thinks that :D

Posted

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee you were

I was. My friend said that they replaced Toon Link with Young Link at the last minuet. It's getting harder, and harder to trust him. HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME TO BEGIN WITH!

Yus. It was very interesting finding out what went where.

Though Link's involvement annoyed me slightly because he's paired up with Yoshi of all people for no apparent reason, and he also gets the Master Sword for some unexplained reason.

Even though it's not canonical, wouldn't it be better if he just had the Master Sword for no reason as opposed to him getting the Master Sword for no reason? A bit nitpicky.

Also, shush YLA. Just because Young Link isn't in the game doesn't mean it's not a good game.

If that were true, then 99.9999% of the gaming industry would be a flop.

At least it has Zelda characters in it, jeez.

Sahaqiel

Yoshi was paired up Link because he was already in the forest. Who could be a better partner?

The only good charater is, sadly, Lucus, and his game isn't even out in America, I can't play as Link like I used to, Sonic is really slow, and hard to handle, Game and watch is... A thing that moves... I can go on and on and on about the problem with the characters.

And *possible* the Young Link you speak of may *possibly* be from games that *maybe* were *perhaps* from a while ago, so Toon Link *possibly* overrides him as a *possible* character choice. What is the big deal/difference? They both occupy the same place in general properties. cmzbvjhldf If Ganondorf wasn't in the game but they had somebody just like him, I'd probably use that somebody.

But Toon Link is just like Link with no differnt move forms. He has the same sword, a boomerang, arrows, even the same final smash. At least Young Link had some differnt attacks I bet you that his final smash would've been Oni Link.

Posted

But Toon Link is just like Link with no differnt move forms. He has the same sword, a boomerang, arrows, even the same final smash. At least Young Link had some differnt attacks I bet you that his final smash would've been Oni Link.

... ToT

He differs more than Link in Brawl than Young Link did in Melee.

Primarily because clones didn't have much thought put into them.

Young Link was essentially a faster Link and that's it.

Toon Link has a much different strategy than Link in Brawl.

Also, Link's partnership with Yoshi was just lazy. He woke up and joined the party.

Also, ROFLWHAT.

You obviously aren't a very competent Smasher. Lucas is, in fact, around the middle tier. His best qualities are his meteor smash and up smash, which is an unholy god of evil and destruction, sticking around a long time with a rising range.

But he's not the best character.

Mr. G&W is a high tier character; better than Lucas.

The things we call "God tiers" are Snake and Meta Knight. In some tier lists, also ROB. These are some of the most unbeatable characters in the game if the opposing side knows how to exploit the various glitches and techniques with them.

And

Sonic is really slow

I'm not going to say anything about that.

Sahaqiel

Posted

... ToT

He differs more than Link in Brawl than Young Link did in Melee.

Primarily because clones didn't have much thought put into them.

Young Link was essentially a faster Link and that's it.

Toon Link has a much different strategy than Link in Brawl.

Also, Link's partnership with Yoshi was just lazy. He woke up and joined the party.

Also, ROFLWHAT.

You obviously aren't a very competent Smasher. Lucas is, in fact, around the middle tier. His best qualities are his meteor smash and up smash, which is an unholy god of evil and destruction, sticking around a long time with a rising range.

But he's not the best character.

Mr. G&W is a high tier character; better than Lucas.

The things we call "God tiers" are Snake and Meta Knight. In some tier lists, also ROB. These are some of the most unbeatable characters in the game if the opposing side knows how to exploit the various glitches and techniques with them.

And

I'm not going to say anything about that.

Sahaqiel

No Young Link had more than that. He had better arrows, and a better boomerang. Didn't I just say that?

So, it's a good team.

He's my best character, I'm just mad that I can't play the game he's in, and he is.

Game and watch is the worst character in the game. He also make annoying sounds when he moves.

ROB is a robot who's bet ability is to fly, Snake is really hard to handle with the guns, and Meta Knight is alright, but he's still not that good.

Yeah because you know he's slow. Shadow, even as an assitant trophy, is faster, but that's because he use choas controll. XD That was a joke, but really he is slow in the game.

Posted

Oh God.

Obviously not a very competent Brawler.

Snake and Meta Knight are God Tier, and Mr. Game and Watch is incredibly tough to beat in skilled hands, you just don't think so because he's different or funny looking, just like Jigglypuff bashers/ROB bashers/Ice Climber bashers.

Game and Watch is the LIGHTEST character, but definitely not the worst. His air and ground moves mess people up. You just didn't pay attention to that.

Meta Knight has extremely spammable moves that have no opportunity for backlashing at. His standard and side B moves do not offer the option to make him flinch out of it, save for some moves. His up B finishes people off at unfair percentages without requiring sweetspotting or similar tactics.

Arrows in general were pretty lame in Melee, (Unable to approach or hit people effectively) and YL's boomerang, when aimed downward, went BEHIND you.

That always annoyed me. And I was a Young Link player.

Sonic is the FASTEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

JESUSFISH, WHAT!?

Sahaqiel

Posted

Oh God.

Obviously not a very competent Brawler.

Snake and Meta Knight are God Tier, and Mr. Game and Watch is incredibly tough to beat in skilled hands, you just don't think so because he's different or funny looking, just like Jigglypuff bashers/ROB bashers/Ice Climber bashers.

Game and Watch is the LIGHTEST character, but definitely not the worst. His air and ground moves mess people up. You just didn't pay attention to that.

Meta Knight has extremely spammable moves that have no opportunity for backlashing at. His standard and side B moves do not offer the option to make him flinch out of it, save for some moves. His up B finishes people off at unfair percentages without requiring sweetspotting or similar tactics.

Arrows in general were pretty lame in Melee, (Unable to approach or hit people effectively) and YL's boomerang, when aimed downward, went BEHIND you.

That always annoyed me. And I was a Young Link player.

Sonic is the FASTEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

JESUSFISH, WHAT!?

Sahaqiel

I don't even know what that means.

I've defeated Snake on level nine, I've never played meta knight, and I've defeated 3 level nine G&W's.

I can't controll the Meta Knights up B move. He always dies.

I've learned to use that. That's how I always beat my friend.

Nope he's slow. He just seems fast because he's so hard to handle... I wish they put in that one super sonic from Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Posted

Tiers are like this.

Two people start out in Smash Bros, (Or any fighting game, really.) and one picks Snake, a god tier. He learns to upsmash boost and effectively use tilts. The other character picks Samus, a low tier, and learns every technical skill for Samus there is, becoming a pro at Samus, so to speak. The first person, who only learned how to use tilts and upsmash boost, would require little to no skill to defeat Samus, the lower tier character.

How can Samus win, you say?

If Samus has a skill level much greater than the Snake, then there is a possibility the low tier could defeat the god tier. But she would have to compensate SO MUCH SKILL, while the Snake player wouldn't have to use much skill at all.

If a Samus and a Snake fight each other, and the players both have the same amount of skill, then Snake will inevitably win.

And I don't care if you did, because computers don't play like people, nor do they abuse advanced skills or glitches like people do.

Besides, the three G&W's were probably not teamed against you.

And as for Meta Knight's B-up, the beginning of it is a deadly finisher move.

Sweetspotting is like Zelda's Lightening Kick, which requires you hit the opponent with a certain part of your character. It can also be applied to things like Marth's sword, which is more powerful at the tip. If someone sweetspotted with Marth, then all their moves would be significantly more damaging.

Seriously, about all you know about Brawl is wrong. Sonic's not slow at all. He IS the fastest character in the game. If he's wearing the bunny hood, he can race on the ground on Big Blue without falling behind. He actually goes FASTER than the racing vehicles. His moves require little to no startup, which means most of his moves attack immediately. (More pronounced in his air moves like his forward and and his back air)

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Tiers are like this.

Two people start out in Smash Bros, (Or any fighting game, really.) and one picks Snake, a god tier. He learns to upsmash boost and effectively use tilts. The other character picks Samus, a low tier, and learns every technical skill for Samus there is, becoming a pro at Samus, so to speak. The first person, who only learned how to use tilts and upsmash boost, would require little to no skill to defeat Samus, the lower tier character.

How can Samus win, you say?

If Samus has a skill level much greater than the Snake, then there is a possibility the low tier could defeat the god tier. But she would have to compensate SO MUCH SKILL, while the Snake player wouldn't have to use much skill at all.

If a Samus and a Snake fight each other, and the players both have the same amount of skill, then Snake will inevitably win.

And I don't care if you did, because computers don't play like people, nor do they abuse advanced skills or glitches like people do.

Besides, the three G&W's were probably not teamed against you.

And as for Meta Knight's B-up, the beginning of it is a deadly finisher move.

Sweetspotting is like Zelda's Lightening Kick, which requires you hit the opponent with a certain part of your character. It can also be applied to things like Marth's sword, which is more powerful at the tip. If someone sweetspotted with Marth, then all their moves would be significantly more damaging.

Seriously, about all you know about Brawl is wrong. Sonic's not slow at all. He IS the fastest character in the game. If he's wearing the bunny hood, he can race on the ground on Big Blue without falling behind. He actually goes FASTER than the racing vehicles. His moves require little to no startup, which means most of his moves attack immediately. (More pronounced in his air moves like his forward and and his back air)

Sahaqiel

That makes since. I understand that.

They were all against me, just like the 3 level nine Ganondorfs I beat in Melee.

... Ok... It's still nearly impossible to controll.

I know I only play as one character, and that's why I'm so good at YL. I know for a fact he's slower in this game than anyother Sonic game. You know what I wanted SSBB untill I found out Toon Link was in it. You know who's falt this is? IT'S ALL TL'S FAULT... No wait... IT'S WW'S FAULT FOR EVEN HAVING A KID LINK IN THE GAME! EVERYONE AT MY SCHOOL WHO PLAYS THIS GAME KEEPS CALLING HIM YOUNG LINK, AND HE'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till the sequil of ALttP comes out for wii. Then they'll have no choice but to have link, and the RttP link. Then there will be no more TL's in the future.

I'd like to thank you for helping me figure out my problem. I should get rid of WW, erase my beaten files, and trade it into gamestop, and get RttP. Once again, thank you.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

No, it's not at all.

Roflrofl.

It's all Young Link's fault for not returning from Termina, resulting in the Great Flood when Ganondorf returned.

So hah, pwnt by your own reasoning.

Also, Meta Knight's recovery move is very easy to control as long as you don't hold back on the control stick and stall, resulting in your self destructing.

And who cares? Why call Sonic slow in Smash Bros. if he's the fastest character in the game? Jesusfish, he's still fast.

Also, the Zelda team announced that TP will be the last Zelda of its kind. If this is true, your precious realistic graphics might never return. Stop being so shallow minded and get over it.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

No, it's not at all.

Roflrofl.

It's all Young Link's fault for not returning from Termina, resulting in the Great Flood when Ganondorf returned.

So hah, pwnt by your own reasoning.

Also, Meta Knight's recovery move is very easy to control as long as you don't hold back on the control stick and stall, resulting in your self destructing.

And who cares? Why call Sonic slow in Smash Bros. if he's the fastest character in the game? Jesusfish, he's still fast.

Also, the Zelda team announced that TP will be the last Zelda of its kind. If this is true, your precious realistic graphics might never return. Stop being so shallow minded and get over it.

Sahaqiel

No it was Skull kid's fault for stealing the mask, and making YL fall down a hole.

Recovery? I was talkin about when he does a back flip, and fies toward his opponet.

Yes, but not sonic sonic fast.

I thought they said PH would be the last of it's kind. If they, hehe, if they make anymore cel-shaded games I will never play a new Zelda game again.

Oh yeah, you forgot about the new one. Return to the Past. :lol: You were wrong.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

You really do hate cel-shading for no reason whatsoever, don't you?

Effing graphic whores...

Anyways, Return to the Past teaser on the front page *CLASSIFIEDCLASSIFIEDCLASSIFIED*.

And yes, that is the recovery. B-up is the RECOVERY move, as in, you recover from a fall.

Save for Yoshi.

And no, Young Link entered Termina on a quest to search for Navi. Totally his fault.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm going to interrupt you two to say that:

1. Game & Watch is a badass. Enough said.

2. Sahaqiel, is Captain Falcon considered High Tier?

3. Yoshi's partnership with Link would immediately jump from 'a tad bit annoying' to 'beyond epic on a stick deep-fried and dipped in chocolate' if Link hopped on Yoshi and rode him around a bit in one of the cutscenes, slashin' his sword at the Goombas n' stuff.

4. Well, there is no 4.

That is all.

--EDIT--

I came up with a 4.

Ahem-

4. Saha pretty much said it but Young Link's wandering off to Termina and never returning led to the creation of Toon Link. So YLA, your idol created your enemy.