Appearances in Subspace Emissary

154 posts in this topic

Posted

I know XD

Diddy's INSANE.

yeah. That's my friend's character. Mine is still Lucus, and sometime I can use Ness. At times I can use uh... no wait I can gladly not play as "him."

Posted

Not dragging it up, but it wasn't the "Inkana" theory. In fact, there is nothing named "Inkana" in the Legend of Zelda series. It's Ikana, and the theory is called "The Stone Tower of Babel". Termina was inspired by Alice in Wonderland, except the entrance to it is Link walking through a hallway that defies gravity in a forest where you can go forward and backward at the same time. It's totally possible and highly probable that Termina is an alternate dimension or plane of existence. I mean, there's a light world, dark world, Twilight Realm... It's totally possible for Termina to be part of that list. I mean, just because Termina is as bright as Hyrule's light world doesn't mean it's in the same dimension.

It seems there seems to be a lot of Brawl discussion here in general.

Diddy Kong would be less annoying if he couldn't banana lock you with glide tossing.

(Meaning you can be caught in an inescapable sequence where you just keep moving back and back because Diddy repeatedly throws bananas at you in a specific way, making you get completely destroyed on walkoff stages.)

Pit has a lot of cheap finisher moves that are hard to dodge, and like 98% of Toon Link's moves can be blocked with that unfair mirror shield.

Sonic's recovery is one of the most annoying finishers ever. (He can jump over an opponent trying to recover and use his recovery move, which makes a spring hit you in the face, causing you to flinch and get KO'd while Sonic recovers with his ridiculous recovery height.)

Lucas has some devastating moves.

Also, I hope you're not referring to Toon Link. He's not even cel-shaded. Jeez, if you enjoy playing him then what should it matter? Minish Cap followed the same style as WW. You never complained about that game.

If anyone wants to Brawl, I'm totally up for it.

*Goes to check the neglected Brawl Codes thread*

Sahaqiel

Posted

Not dragging it up, but it wasn't the "Inkana" theory. In fact, there is nothing named "Inkana" in the Legend of Zelda series. It's Ikana, and the theory is called "The Stone Tower of Babel". Termina was inspired by Alice in Wonderland, except the entrance to it is Link walking through a hallway that defies gravity in a forest where you can go forward and backward at the same time. It's totally possible and highly probable that Termina is an alternate dimension or plane of existence. I mean, there's a light world, dark world, Twilight Realm... It's totally possible for Termina to be part of that list. I mean, just because Termina is as bright as Hyrule's light world doesn't mean it's in the same dimension.

It seems there seems to be a lot of Brawl discussion here in general.

Diddy Kong would be less annoying if he couldn't banana lock you with glide tossing.

(Meaning you can be caught in an inescapable sequence where you just keep moving back and back because Diddy repeatedly throws bananas at you in a specific way, making you get completely destroyed on walkoff stages.)

Pit has a lot of cheap finisher moves that are hard to dodge, and like 98% of Toon Link's moves can be blocked with that unfair mirror shield.

Sonic's recovery is one of the most annoying finishers ever. (He can jump over an opponent trying to recover and use his recovery move, which makes a spring hit you in the face, causing you to flinch and get KO'd while Sonic recovers with his ridiculous recovery height.)

Lucas has some devastating moves.

Also, I hope you're not referring to Toon Link. He's not even cel-shaded. Jeez, if you enjoy playing him then what should it matter? Minish Cap followed the same style as WW. You never complained about that game.

If anyone wants to Brawl, I'm totally up for it.

*Goes to check the neglected Brawl Codes thread*

Sahaqiel

What ever I don't have the game so I couldn't see what the place was called. I never heard of this Alice your talking about.

See you found a problem with Toon Link.

Of course I mean Toon Link. Who else would I mysteriously call "him." I don't care though because if he's in it and not YOUNG LINK! HE SHOULD BE IN IT! I ONLY PLAYED AS HIM BECAUSE ONE OF YOU GUYS SAID THAT I SHOULD PLAY AS ALL THE CHARACTERS. Besides I never played the minish cap. I was going to get it, but thanks for the heads up.

Posted

This is why we get on you, YLA. You don't exactly make sense a whole lot. You contradict yourself. Minish Cap isn't as bright and cel-shaded as WW. Link just looks toon style... You're proving your bias against the toon styled games that have none of the cel-shading you allegedly get headaches from.

Young Link is only considered so because he is the younger version of Ocarina of Time Link, who could be an adult and a child, and he was only the main character in one game. Toon Link is the style for Link in many games, like Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and others. He's more iconic to the series than Young Link is.

Besides, his toon style makes things a whole lot easier. For instance, if he was Young Link, then his boomerang wouldn't be as large and it would go behind you for some mysterious reason when it hits the ground. His arrows would also have less mass and would be hard to hit people with. He's more realistic, so he's not likely to run in the crackheadedly fast way Toon Link does, despite having short legs. He would also be more of a clone since he would kick backwards like Link because his legs are long enough. Backairing with Link isn't exactly useful much, so why would it be more useful on another character who is basically a nerfed, but faster version of him?

Toon Link's a good character. I don't see why you hate him so much, Brawl or not.

And I love his costumes. The one where he has the style of LoZ/OoS/OoA Link is my favorite, and probably wouldn't go well with Young Link's realistic style.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Guys, we're talking about character appearances(how they entered Brawl, not the way they look), not the characters themselves. I hated how Link was paired up with Yoshi. I hate Yoshi in SSB, but I love him in his games. Seriously, he just got paired up with him for no reason! Link could've done fine on his own.

Posted

Hey. >:(

You forgot Adventure of Link II. >:(

He also wears those clothes in A Link to the Past.

As well as Link's Awakening.

Gagooshguh. >:(

Get your facts right.

Posted

Gotta like that scene when Captain Falcon comes in and FALCON PAUNCH, R.O.B.'s dead. I think i said that somewhere else in here; this is for TWO TIMES THE AWESOMENESS.

G333:Olimar just turned into my best character XD HE ISH AMAZING.

Olimaaar.

Also, Game & Watch is better than I thought, grumblegrumble.

Also, I'm online in Brawl roight now, if anyone with my code wants to. I'll prolly use G&W because I'm experimenting with him.

Posted

This is why we get on you, YLA. You don't exactly make sense a whole lot. You contradict yourself. Minish Cap isn't as bright and cel-shaded as WW. Link just looks toon style... You're proving your bias against the toon styled games that have none of the cel-shading you allegedly get headaches from.

Young Link is only considered so because he is the younger version of Ocarina of Time Link, who could be an adult and a child, and he was only the main character in one game. Toon Link is the style for Link in many games, like Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and others. He's more iconic to the series than Young Link is.

Besides, his toon style makes things a whole lot easier. For instance, if he was Young Link, then his boomerang wouldn't be as large and it would go behind you for some mysterious reason when it hits the ground. His arrows would also have less mass and would be hard to hit people with. He's more realistic, so he's not likely to run in the crackheadedly fast way Toon Link does, despite having short legs. He would also be more of a clone since he would kick backwards like Link because his legs are long enough. Backairing with Link isn't exactly useful much, so why would it be more useful on another character who is basically a nerfed, but faster version of him?

Toon Link's a good character. I don't see why you hate him so much, Brawl or not.

And I love his costumes. The one where he has the style of LoZ/OoS/OoA Link is my favorite, and probably wouldn't go well with Young Link's realistic style.

Sahaqiel

It's still toon like.

Uh what does iconic mean? Wait! I can't play FSA anymore? :cry: I looooooooooove that game. :cry:

YL's baackwards boomerang saved me more times than his jump down B attack. YL was already one of the fastst characters in SSBM.

I don't like him because YL would've been in it instead and have better moves. The only one I uses was the dark.

Look if YL was also in brawl I wouldn't complain so much about it, but no they had to put the Link I just had to absulutly hate.

This is bumming me out. I can't play FSA anymore! :angery: :cry:

Posted

Wow...

Well, you just proved that cel-shading doesn't give you headaches and that you just hate the toon style...

Way to go...

By the way, iconic means "an icon", or something that represents the Zelda series. Toon Link is more iconic in that he's been seen more and is in more games as the central character.

And yes, FSA is actually in toon style... I dunno if it'd be considered cel-shaded, but it is indeed in toon style, which is why Toon Link's costumes are mostly in the Four Swords colours.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Please.

Posted

This is bumming me out. I can't play FSA anymore! :angery: :cry:

That proves cel-shading has nothing to do with your bias. Four Swords Adventures isn't cel-shaded.

Posted (edited)

Wow...

Well, you just proved that cel-shading doesn't give you headaches and that you just hate the toon style...

Way to go...

Sahaqiel

No cel-shading gives me headaches, and I hate toon style.

What? Are you kidding me? You're not going to play it anymore just because he said it's cel-shaded-like? What the fsck is wrong with you, all these games are great and you're just going to stop playing them just because Sahaqiel said they're cel-shaded/have Toon Link in them? Gosh damnit.

Yep that pretty much sums it up.

That proves cel-shading has nothing to do with your bias. Four Swords Adventures isn't cel-shaded.

So? It's still toon like.

I THOUGHT I STOPED THIS YESTERDAY! WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON!?

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

... Well. I've just lost three fourths of my already minuscule amount of respect for you.

Sahaqiel

Posted

So? It's still toon like.

Tooning isn't even part of cel-shading. They could very well make a game with Twilight Princess Link, but with cel-shading. He's only called Toon Link because of the art style he's designed in. As shown in Brawl, cel-shading has nothing to do with his appearance. It just so happened that the tooning design and the cel-shaded graphics were combined in The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, all for the effect of creating a comic-like atmosphere that Anouma and Miyamoto were aiming for.

Posted

Well, technically, it was actually a moderate amount of respect. I was hoping not even very deep down that he wasn't lying when he said he couldn't take the cel shading due to headaches.

But he's just another graphic wh*re. :(

Sad day for Zelda fandom.

Sahaqiel