My theory on Termina

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello! This is my first theory topic, but I've thought a lot about it. I used some information I found on another Zelda site (*advertisiment censored*), and used my own knowledge to come up with this theory on Termina.

If you look at the moon, you see it has a nose. If you compare that to Ganondorf's (overly large) nose, they look exactly the same. (I used the SSBM trophies to compare.) I then suddenly thought; Link created Termina.

Termina is a world filled with doubt, doubt that they are going to survive, doubt that the moon is going to fall, etc. Even when the children on the moon ask you questions, they attempt to fill you with doubt about yourself, think about yourself. I think that the moon is Link's doubt that he could defeat Ganondorf, doubt that he could have done it without the sage's help. Majora is his fear of Ganondorf manifested, his fear controlling his doubt, Majora's Mask was a sign, showing how fear and doubt could take over.

But then, the four giants symbolised Link's courage, showing him how he can rise above his doubts and fears, and stop them from crushing him. He was then able to look inside himself, and his fears, finding the children, like finding parts of his courage. That courage then became the Fierce Deity's Mask his courage transforming him, making him stronger, allowing him to destroy is fear and doubt, and save not just Termina, but himself.

Whoa, that was long. But that's just my theory. What do you think?

Posted

im not sure what to believe but i do know this, in zelda anything can happen

Posted

There is no proof that Termina was created by Link.

Some of this would not make sense because he sees a lot of death. Would the hero of Time create a world where he can't save people?

Even if it was rise-to-the-challenge and all that, there is not really anything to back this up. Nintendo reuses models a lot, like with Twinmold. The moon's nose could have been based on Ganondorf's, but it doesn't really prove anything.

Why would Link create Termina, and how would he enter it by following Skull Kid, who was already in existence before he discovered it?

In fact, the Happy Mask Salesman seemed to have visited the land multiple times before. And he was there during the child events of Ocarina of Time.

Termina even has recorded history, like with the Garo and similar cultures.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I didn't make myself clear enough, I think. I didn't mean Link created Termina himself, I think that Termina was created from Link's fears and doubts about himself. And the nose thing was silly. Good try though.

Posted

You make it seem like you think I failed at something?

Point is, even if you think that Termina was created from the fears and doubts of Link, it most likely wasn't.

That would mean that possible hundreds to thousands of years of Terminan history would also have to be created, as well as the Happy Mask Salesman and the Skull Kid from the Lost Woods.

Sahaqiel

Posted

In phantom hourglass, the lure to the other world existed in the proper one. People thought the PH great sea was a dream, and people could cross between the two. Tetra - Skull Kid. You can't deny it.

Posted

Yes, but this still doesn't debunk that Link didn't even exist as long as Skull Kid or the Happy Mask Salesman and certainly not Terminan history. He couldn't have created it if he wasn't born yet.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Saha, 3 words to say he could, Hero of Time.

Posted

... That's totally irrelevant.

The Hero of Time/Link's spirit was never even mentioned to create worlds even in legend. Link is not a god.

There's no solid proof backing this theory up.

Besides, the Stone Tower of Babel Theory was much more believable. You should check that out.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That was actually how I enforced some of my theory, I just couldn't remember the name. Thanks Sahaqiel.

I think this theory has now been disproved, I guess. Or not. Depending on how you look at it.

Posted

Well, I like what your trying to convey. Maybe that's what the developers sort of made it a metaphor exactly like you described, but it isn't part of Hyrule history.

Agencereurich likes this

Posted

I posted this whole thing I found about the history of Inkana, so that also proves this can't be true. Acually the Inkana history was bearly even looked at.

Posted

I like this theory, I believe in it. I mean the fact that there's history doesn't prove anything. If I created a world with out knowing I think it would have a history. What If the land's people were made with knowledge of a history that didn't exist? Just a thought. But I believe this theory!

Posted

I don't think so... I mean, Link might have even lost his power of the Triforce upon just entering Termina, as explained by WW. He would just be an exceptionally brave Hylian. Nothing really special, except that he's exempt from dying permanently. (Lulz reincarnation)

YLA, please... Learn to spell Zelda terms correctly. I'll accept that you don't exactly spell correctly all the time, but for goodness' sakes, man, we're talking about Zelda. It's Ikana. Inkana reminds me of Incas.

And what this theory says could pertain to everything in the Zelda series if Link could create a world before he was born... Now we're just making paradoxes. If Link created Termina, he could have created Hyrule too. Or the Twilight Realm. Or the Dark World. >__>

This chronologically doesn't make sense, and is highly unlikely. I'm not saying it's a bad theory; Nintendo did put an extreme amount of psychological things in Majora's Mask, making it one of the darkest Zelda games there is, but I don't think it's a realm created just to evaluate the Hero of Time's fears.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't think so... I mean, Link might have even lost his power of the Triforce upon just entering Termina, as explained by WW. He would just be an exceptionally brave Hylian. Nothing really special, except that he's exempt from dying permanently. (Lulz reincarnation)

YLA, please... Learn to spell Zelda terms correctly. I'll accept that you don't exactly spell correctly all the time, but for goodness' sakes, man, we're talking about Zelda. It's Ikana. Inkana reminds me of Incas.

And what this theory says could pertain to everything in the Zelda series if Link could create a world before he was born... Now we're just making paradoxes. If Link created Termina, he could have created Hyrule too. Or the Twilight Realm. Or the Dark World. >__>

This chronologically doesn't make sense, and is highly unlikely. I'm not saying it's a bad theory; Nintendo did put an extreme amount of psychological things in Majora's Mask, making it one of the darkest Zelda games there is, but I don't think it's a realm created just to evaluate the Hero of Time's fears.

Sahaqiel

I know. I was going to look it up, but my friend borrowed my game, and lost it! Oh well. I should keep a Word Document of every Zelda related words.