Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Walk for the Thoughts

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I blame Goron Merchant for asking if I'd make one. And anyway, with my avatar, you should have seen it coming. OMG, HUG HIM! <3333

Well, here it is:

Not my first Joker fic, but the first for Hyrule! This one's just a random idea; I've sorta used the rain idea before, but it was too good to not use again. It's just the general, excited, missplaced thoughts of The Dark Knight's Joker. I dunno if I'm able to write him ENTIRELY in character (only Heath could do that, and... well, yeah..), but I believe I can get pretty deep inside his mind.

This, being said, is dedicated to Heath Ledger, now, and always will be, one of my favorite actors. You were going to do a great many things, first starring as an extra in a movie about clowns...

And going out with a bang being the world's greatest clown.

How ironic.

The Joker's underthoughts, like, specific words, will be as I once saw them in a VERY good fic; inside parantheses, and in italics, and this would take place some time after the interrogation scene (like, a few hours after Batman rescuing Harvey from his death).

Inspiration: Merchant, and the downpour last night.

Music that helps: Poison (Groove Coverage), I Hate Everything About You, Incomplete

Rating: PG-13, just to be safe. I'd do PG, but it's got a few bad words and some imagery/blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He wasn't quite sure what walks did for people.

All it involved was putting one foot in front of the other, repeatedly, until you got from point A to point B. Everyone did it, even the Joker did. As much as he liked just driving through things (all that noise and all the fire... hehehe...), just to see them fall and crumble, he had to walk too.

But there was a difference between just walking to the truck, a spraypainted S before the words 'laughter is the best medicine', guns and henchmen following, and 'taking a walk'.

Taking a walk got you nowhere... it was just walking in a circle, perhaps a mile or two, no location drawn, and doing the reverse to get home.

It was as pointless as simply blowing up a building with no one or everyone inside.(though, it sure is fun for me...)

And what a night to take a walk on, anyway!

It was pouring, water droplets falling in sheets and blankets, past the lamposts where they were more easily illuminated in this dark environment. The drops felt cold on his flamboyantly purple coat, seeping through the material and sticking needily to his vest (and it isn't easy getting this dry-cleaned without suspcision, dammit... Killing the cleaner people ALWAYS draws attention, and not the fun kind.).

The painted man shivered, cursing softly at the inconvient weather. It had come as if from nowhere, deciding that him being out in the middle of a 'walk' was the perfect time to find that the water gathering inside the clouds was much too heavy, and dump it all on him.

If only clouds could be shot down.

It wasn't like it was his idea, to go on one of these idiotic walk things. His henchmen had found him locked up in the second floor of their hide-out (what appeared to be an abandoned office building; the things people left behind and how useful they can be!), simply staring wistfully at the wisps of smoke across the city. The Joker wasn't smiling; that usually meant you should probably just leave him alone. Then again, if they could, they'd never talk to him; but this henchman, being a newbie, didn't know that he'd probably end up dead, and didn't take the hint when the others ran back downstairs.

The new guy had suggested he go on a walk to maybe get his thoughts together, because he looked a little pensive and apparently that's what helped him, but having a short attention span, the Joker only heard the part about getting his thoughts together.

He thought that might be nice.

The clown scoffed to himself now, pulling the coat over his head to prevent his make-up from wearing off (IhatewaterIhatewaterIHATEIT.).

That man was going to die once he found his way back... now to only think of the best way to kill him. (Where AM I, anyway? Damn big cities.)

The only thing was, he couldn't focus on that for long...

Killing led to memories of other people he'd killed, their faces as their blood ran down their cheeks (What did I look like when I got these scars? The same? I hope not. It's pathetic.) after their mouths ripped open, unable to take the pain flying from their frayed nerves, the taste of blood as it fell quick and hard... the way the person fell as they were shot... the way Batman would become violent after being reminded of all those people that suffered this.

Batman.

The Joker impulsively licked his irritated lips, feeling his skin tingle with pleasure again at the thought of what happened just a few hours ago between he and his 'rival'.

They'd been so close, and he'd seen just what the masked vigilante could do. He could do... nearly anything and everything the Joker wanted. The clown felt his knees shake a little at the memory of seeing him zoom around the 'Slaughter' truck, tripping it over... coming at him, about to hit him (Why didn't he do it? Self-rightousness. Pffft.)... only to crash.

He'd been so close to taking off the mask; maybe if it wasn't for that henchman (was it the same who suggested a walk?!) in his way; how dare he touch Batman, his Batman!

But what happened afterward was the best part.

Inside the interrogation room, he'd felt him behind him... it was almost as if they were connected (which we are; he just doesn't wanna accept that, the stubborn rat with wings...).

Thrown around the room so energetically, pressed against him; he could even smell the rubber of the armor he wore...

His heart pounded even now.

He loved it when the Batman was angry. (MY Batman...)

He loved everything about him.

It was over much too quickly.

But he did realize that even he had his own limits; the Joker was reminded of that once he'd escaped the prison and was inside the police car. Bruises had appeared across his arms, legs, and surely; his back, leaving a reminder of the night.

He half-hoped they'd never go away.

As the frigid rain seeped through his vest, now exposed from the coat hiding his head, it caused him to shiver with delight as it pressed against his aching back. It almost felt nice... (Are Batsy's hands this cold? Hehe...) If it weren't for the fact that they from Batman.

The Joker finally stood in front of the abandoned building, having overcome the city and it's challenging directions (take that, Gotham!).

Looking in the half-shattered window (oh the memories of past henchmen), he discovered that his make-up was half melted off. He scowled in annoyance, again wishing that clouds could be shot down and mercilessly stabbed 'til they bled out their water onto the sidewalk.

Inside, he heard laughter and even a gunshot. The lights shone rebelliously against the dark street, almost too bright for his eyes, and he instantly learned just how bright they were upon the assault his eyes recieved once he stepped in (Just like the lamp back in the interrogation room...).

All went silent once their leader stepped inside, dripping onto the bare white floor. Looking around, he was once again reminded him of the white walls inside the hospital...

What he planned for tomorrow.

"Will... Davey, please step forward?" he said softly, a smirk on his face. The room positively seemed to shake with fear as the others shoved the new boy over to their boss...

And once he was within range, the hand shot out-- and Davey fell to the floor, a long slash across his gut (Hehe... 'gutted' him.).

The Joker watched him bleed onto the nice floors (red... right up there... next to black, and purple; meant to be together), leaving a large mess. Gently, he nudged him over with his foot, and watched the blood spread to the small puddle of water he'd dripped when walking in... it spread slowly, deliberately, as if wishing to bide its time just for Joker's entertainment. Carefully, he brushed the top of the puddle with the tip of his shoe; the blood seemed to split and spread in opposite directions, divided by the chaos that was his foot. How very metaphorical.

The Joker laughed, his henchmen watching in horror as Davey sputtered one last time.

Once again, the blood came together, forever bonded by their type.

Forever bound by the fact that... that they're both freaks... no matter how much Batman tried to pull away:

Joker brought him back in the end, determined to have him to himself.

For he rightfully belonged to him...

(Only me. Not that Rachel girl, not Harvey Dent, and CERTAINLY not Gotham... no one is truly worthy of Batsy...

But he is still mine, alone.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I personally think this is one of my better fics.

:3

Did you enjoy it, at least?

Posted

Looks pretty good Vivi! :D I always enjoy reading your fics. They make my day. :P

Posted

Yaaaayz. Review. :n_n: NOW.

GO SEE THE GOSHY GLITTERY MOVIE

BEFORE I GO PUPPY CARE-BEAR ON YOUR KITTEN.

Posted

Vivi, this is beautifully written! I really, really, really like it. Wow. I can't wait for the next part.

The only thing that confused me was when this takes place. The s-laughter truck was before the interrogation room and hospital.

Posted

Uhmlove... ^^; I know...

He just talks about it.

Like.

A lot. -shot- 'cos he had fun that night.

And I don't know if I'd make this into anything else but a one-shot...

Posted

Really good, 4/5. Maybe a bit longer......Its really good writing though.

Posted

I love how the Joker isn't really in love with Batman, just overly obsessive, infatuated in a way. I don't even know how to describe it, its just so unique -like The Joker. Awesome job Vivi. Will there be a part II?

post-561-1218909906_thumb.png

Posted

erfiohg Goshy glittery, Merch. I see that thing everywhere and it scares me.

.. isn't in.. love with..

YOU'RE LYING.

YOU'RE A LIAR THAT LIVES IN A LYING BASKET WEAVED INTO A BASKET FULL OF EFFING LIIIIIEZ.

YOU LIAR. -runs off to cry herself to sleep-

(Seriously. I think it's a... unique kind of love. No one has seen it, and judges it as something awful. He's just not the candy-flowers type. ;D)

As for a part 2:

Possibly... convince me.

Posted

I liked it! It was extremely well written and you depicted movie Joker AWESOMELY! =D

Also,

I'm loving your new icon/avi. XD

Will there be a Part 2?

I feel like seeing this movie again. I wish I went with my brother when he went to see it 4 times (twice at the theatrer, twice at IMAX. Zomg, IMAX!) I'm happy my brother works at the theaters though. HE GOT ME A JOKER POSTER. =D

EDIT: Convince you? Hm... how about you're making part 2 to this FOR HEATH! =) And for the people-who-like-this-alot-who-might-turn-out-to-be-fans-of-it. xD ^_^

Posted

:cry: That's what I meant Vivi. A different kind of love. *Goes back to his basket of lies.*

And I think that everyone would love to see a Part II.

Posted

OMG IT'S SARIAAAAA. <3

Joker poster. My friend. She has one. I've seen it. And his lips... look SO pretty on it... she kisses them.. <3 Lawl, but she's the one who got me into Joker/Batsy. >D So there's no Joker/OC (GNRFBOVRTO IT'S EVERYWHERE, OMG, OVERUSED PLOTS, PLZ. AND THERE'S A LOT OF JOKER/RACHEL. I just can't see it working; she's got two men on her little exploded hands... plus, I don't like thinking the Joker's straight. -killed-)

Convincing people to like the pair...

Hmm...

I WAS thinking in the car. Like, aside from parodying the movie with scenes changed up a bit...

(Like, one of them being the 'HELLO BEAUTIFUL. YOU MUST BE HARVEY'S SQUEEEEEZE' scene...

And for some reason, I'm playing Joker.

Joker: Well, hello beautiful... >3 -licks lips-

Man #1: ...lesbian.

Joker: What? -turns-

Man #2: o.o;; N-nothing.

Joker: You either called me a less bean, or a lesbian. <<

Man #1: W-well, we thought... since... the make-up and clothes...

Joker: STFU. ;/ / /; CAN'T A MAN EXPRESS HIMSELF?! ... -winks at them- But I could be a 'girl' for YOU...

Men: ... -horror-

Joker: No one can take a joke. -turns around, adjusting coat- ...besides, I'd never go gay for anyone.. well.. save for one..)

All this inner dialouge kind of ruins him. XD But oh well.

But other than thinking of how I'd Batsy/Joker up the movie EVEN MORE, I got a few ideas from the Dresdon Dolls songs I was hearing...

On Monday,

Expect something. I've got several ideas; one car-related, one that's been used a few times (but not in the way I'll use it)--

Yes.

The second...

"He follows him home.

He just wants to know.

But he can't quite let himself figure it out."

Posted

You're crazy, Vivi. Lol.

AHEM-!

SLIGHTLY RELATED VIDEO ALERT!

Posted

SLIGHTLY RELATED VIDEO ALERT!

">

Posted

R-I r-on't hhave-r hroat 'r-canserh

Posted

Okay, guys; Verizon is REALLY being odd.

I don't know if I'll be able to get this done in time for Monday... so eh.