Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Same-Sex Marriage

385 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This argument is a huge issue in the world. I know that in the United States, most people are homophobic. They hate homosexuals, or fear them, but with little reason. Then there are people who think their God says that they're sinners. I would like people to read this, whether you support it or not.

I would appreciate it if people who don't support same-sex marriage to post why, and then read, and post your thoughts afterwords.

Also, no flaming those who don't support it.

http://milennia-muses.livejournal.com/12649.html

I, for one, support same-sex marriage.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Please.

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

It's their decision what they do and I think that nobody should be able to tell them it's wrong because it isn't.

"Love is gender free, one can love whoever, no matter what orientation you are"

Posted

I don't support it at all, it just seems wrong to me. Marriage is for a man and a woman. That's the way it has been and should be.

But what they do is what they do.

Posted

Just becuse something has been done the same way for thousands of years doesn't mean it's the only way things should be done. That is exactly the kind of stupidity I encountered yesterday, we shouldn't derive people of happiness just because they're different.

Posted

I support it, I guess cause i'm bi and my girlfriend supports it too.

Thing is i'm not so proud about these gay pride parades...I mean why make a spectacle out of yourselves if you want to be taken seriously y'know?

Posted

Hahaha.

Think it isn't natural?

Think it's natural to be with a woman if you're a man and vise versa?

Well, think about this.

Shaving isn't natural either.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hahaha.

Think it isn't natural?

Think it's natural to be with a woman if you're a man and vise versa?

Well, think about this.

Shaving isn't natural either.

Sahaqiel

Yes, it is natural to be with a woman if your a man.

and sexuality and shaving aren't the same thing.

I just think same sex marriage is wrong. Men and women were made to be with the other sex, that's the way it is. Fine cal me a homophobe if you want, thats what I think.

Posted

Yes, it is natural to be with a woman if your a man.

and sexuality and shaving aren't the same thing.

Same basic principle. You say it's not natural to date a man if you are a man, it is not natural to shave any part of your body. We were made to grow hair, we have no mechanism to autocut it.

I just think same sex marriage is wrong. Men and women were made to be with the other sex, that's the way it is. Fine cal me a homophobe if you want, thats what I think.

What path in evolution made marriage a basic biological function? You're thinking about intercourse with the same sex, which no, we were not made for.

It doesn't matter, though. This is about marriage. Marriage is something people made, not our bodies. And the rules can change. Just because we went untold thousands of years wiping our backends with hands and leaves, it doesn't mean that can't change.

And if

1) You refuse to have a homosexual friend

or

2) You hate homosexual people for no reason

or

3) You literally cower in fear in the presence of a homosexual

Then you're a homophobe.

If you just don't like the concept of them marrying, then that doesn't necessarily make you homophobic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Same basic principle. You say it's not natural to date a man if you are a man, it is not natural to shave any part of your body. We were made to grow hair, we have no mechanism to autocut it.

What path in evolution made marriage a basic biological function? You're thinking about intercourse with the same sex, which no, we were not made for.

It doesn't matter, though. This is about marriage. Marriage is something people made, not our bodies. And the rules can change. Just because we went untold thousands of years wiping our backends with hands and leaves, it doesn't mean that can't change.

And if

1) You refuse to have a homosexual friend

or

2) You hate homosexual people for no reason

or

3) You literally cower in fear in the presence of a homosexual

Then you're a homophobe.

If you just don't like the concept of them marrying, then that doesn't necessarily make you homophobic.

Sahaqiel

I hasn't necessarily even talking about biological functions. And no its not the same basic idea comparing cutting your hair to sexual orientation or technological advancement to orientation either. Sure they are all personal choices, but its not just "Should I shave or grow a beard" it's a big deal.

Be gay if you want to, that's not my choice. And don't tell me it's ok to be gay, cause I don't believe that's so. I'm just saying I don't support gay marriage, thats it.

Posted

Actually, you just said you don't support homosexuality in general.

You don't have to be married to be homosexual.

And it doesn't matter if it's(shaving) not a big deal or not, it's the same basic idea.

Broaden your mind a bit...

"And don't tell me it's ok to be gay, cause I don't believe that's so."

It's not OK. It's fantastic.

No offense, but many people who disagree with homosexuality don't see past the genders of the people and don't realize that the world, more than ever, needs more love. There is nothing wrong with love for another person. It is not a gender restricted emotion, even for our bodies.

So yes, it's natural to love another male in the same way that you love a woman.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Actually, you just said you don't support homosexuality in general.

You don't have to be married to be homosexual.

And it doesn't matter if it's(shaving) not a big deal or not, it's the same basic idea.

Broaden your mind a bit...

Sahaqiel

Well I don't support it in general, I think its wrong.

and my mind is broadened to many things. But homosexuality is not something I agree with. Asking me to believe otherwise would be like asking someone to change their religion.

Posted

I'm asking you to broaden your mind.

Homosexuality is a choice, just like choosing to shave. You don't agree with it, but why?

You are basically antagonizing an entire community for shaving.

You're telling them they're wrong for no reason.

It's an argument nobody can win because nobody gets a word in edgewise.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Your right, it is a choice. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with your choice, same as you don't have to agree with mine. You believe it's "Fantastic" to be homosexual, I don't. That's it. I'm not trying to change your beliefs. I'm just giving my opinion. and I'm antagonizing people as much as you are. There's nothing that will EVER change my mind same as there will NEVER be anything to change yours. And I have just as much of a reason to think it's wrong as you do think is right. There's no right or wrong on this subject, all I'm stating is that I believe that homosexuality is wrong, I'm not telling you you're wrong for thinking it's right

Posted

I know this. I merely want to understand your decision instead of just thinking it's because you're a prick. (No offense. Really, this happens to me a lot.)

I wouldn't really have a problem with your decision to disagree with homosexual marriage, but it's that kind of attitude that prevents my friends from realizing their own dreams of happiness. We've been granted the right to the pursuit of happiness. And people like you, in the masses, debunk the homosexual population "just because".

It's not that anyone's wrong or right.

It's the right to realize your goals and become happy that this viewpoint is destroying.

Sahaqiel