Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule Kingdom concept maps

20 posts in this topic

Posted

These are maps I did of my own version of Hyrule. It's based heavily on Twilight Princess, with some of my own original spins. It's replacing an old modern Hyrule map I did, which can be found here. Should I ever do another present-day AU Zelda story, this will be the Hyrule used.

POLITICAL

Hyrule here is divided into seven prefectures (like the old map): Peak, Light, Fire, Spirit, Shadow, Water, and Forest (Peak Prefecture here replaces the old Hyrule Field Prefecture). They're all color-coded in their prefectural color. Obviously, all except Peak Prefecture is named after their respective element represented by one of the six sages. Additionally, there's another division south of Faron Prefecture known as Ordona Territory, an annex to Hyrule proper (mirroring that Ordona in Twilight Princess wasn't actually a part of the country of Hyrule).

If I were to rank them by population is descending order, they'd be Light, Shadow, Water, Spirit, Peak, Fire, Faron, and Ordona. By size, it's Light, Water, Peak, Spirit, Faron, Shadow, Fire, and Ordona.

PHYSICAL

Some of the more noticeable changes is that there's a massive island in the middle of the country, bordered by Zora's River on all sides. Zora's River begins at Zora's fountain in the north, splitting off at the end of North Zora's River into East and West Zora's River, joining together at Lower Zora's River, then emptying into Hylia Bay. East and West Zora's River feed a bay: Kakariko Bay and Castle Town Bay respectively. East Zora's River also has a tributary known as Faron River, which feeds Faron Lake. Ordona Territory has its own lake and river, Ordona Lake and Ordon River, which empties into the Great Sea.

Lake Hylia, like in my old Hyrule map, is now a massive bay that pours into the Great Sea, only this time it doesn't retain its name Lake Hylia.

Two mountain ranges dominate Hyrule to the north and northeast: Snowpeak Mountain Range and the Great Hylian Mountain Range respectively. Both contain Hyrule's three tallest mountains: Death Mountain, Spectacle Mountain, and Snowpeak respectively.

Plains dominate the heartland: Hyrule Field in the center on Castle Town Island (broken into two parts known as Hyrule Field North and Hyrule Field south), Eldin Plains to the east, Lon Lon Plains to the west, and Hylia Plains in the southwest between Hylia Bay and the Gerudo Desert, which is separated from Lon Lon Plains by Gerudo Valley.

Valleys and canyons are in the far east, with Kakariko Gorge being the largest of them, situating Kakariko Village in the middle of a large canyon.

TRANSPORTATION

Road and rail are the two major modes of transportation in Hyrule, and all routes pass through the capital, Hyrule Castle Town, in the center. All connect the major cities with the capital, then eventually branch off into neighboring countries.

Three major bridges are displayed on the map. By length, they are the Great Bridge of Hylia that spans Hylia Bay, the Bridge of Eldin spanning Kakariko Bay, and though unnamed, Castle Town Bay Bridge spanning Castle Town Bay.

REGIONAL

In addition to the prefectures, Hyrule is broken down into four regions, each (except the National Capital Region) named after their patron light spirit: Lanayru Region to the west and north, Eldin Region to the east, the National Capital Region in the center (taking up all of Castle Town Island), and the combined Faron-Ordona region to the south.

Lanayru Region is unique in that the shrine to the light spirit Lanayru in Lanayru Springs is actually considered part of the Faron-Ordona Region, making it the only region without a spirit spring.

By size, they are Lanaryu, the National Capital, Eldin, and Faron-Ordona.

Posted

amazing!

Posted

That is quite good. :)

(better than anything I could probably do. :unsure::( )

Posted

They're really good. I like them a lot.

I was actually going to do my own Hyrule Map...

Posted

Thanks, guys. And you should, ToonLink. It's always fun to see peoples' renditions of Hyrule.

Posted

At the risk of double posting, I did this a long while ago, and I forgot that when I first finished it I meant to put it in this thread.

This is close-up view of Hyrule Castle Town Proper and a partial list of the major landmarks and buildings.

The capital area rests on an island in the middle of the country, surrounded by Upper, Lower, East and West Zora's River. Peak Prefecture borders the Northwest, Fire to the Northeast, Shadow to the East, Faron to the Southeast, Water to the Southwest, and West Hyrule Castle Town to the West.

Hyrule Castle Town is divided in four different administrative divisions known as wards: Uptown Ward is the political and military heart of the city; Midtown Ward is the cultural, educational and main residential center; Downtown Ward is the commercial and industrial capital; West Hyrule Castle Town is composed of bedroom communities and satellite cities, and not formally considered part of Castle Town proper.

The island is connected through a series of bridges and underground rail tunnels. The longest bridge in the prefecture is Castle Town Bay Bridge, which diagonally spans the north and southern coasts of the harbor. Air transport is handled by two major airports: Hyrule International Airport in Uptown Ward, which handles all domestic traffic; and Rinku International Airport, situated on an artificial island in Castle Town Bay and the main international gateway for passengers entering and exiting the city and country.

Public higher education in the capital area is mainly served by the Hyrule University system, which is composed of six different campuses scattered throughout the city. Each campus is named after a Hylian classical element (the main campus is the Light Campus). A private institute, Castle Town University, is sponsored by the Hylian Church.

Posted

Woah... soi dude!

Great job on those maps. :)

Ahh this is really what we need for a Online Zelda Game world. :D

If we are starting to make the Web Based Game..

Can we please use your map (that last one) ?

Of course, we will give credit! ^_^

Adr990

Posted

No. And never say "soi" when you're talking to me again.

Posted

If you don't mind, I would like to make a Zelda game based on these maps, I will credit you of course, but yeah, this is excellent and I have been trying to make a map for ages but I am no good at art.

Posted

He already said no. :(

Oh well, great job on the maps though!

Posted

Excuse us, but I'd like to hear his offer. I want to know what else is in it for me other than my name in size 12 font in credits no one cares for.

Posted (edited)

Excuse us, but I'd like to hear his offer. I want to know what else is in it for me other than my name in size 12 font in credits no one cares for.

Haha! I like your style!

Well if you want, you can level design, dungeon map, put any ideas into the game itself, AND have a major title in the credits...in like size 30 ect

BUT if that doesn't suit you, i can offer some rupees?

Or both?

Edited by 93dt (see edit history)

Posted

Haha. Then sure, you can use the maps. You're free to commission more if need be, but the only real thing I ask of out is try to be specific in telling me what you want. I'm a very precise person, if you have yet to notice, and that makes things a bit easier for everyone. Rupees aren't needed, but the offer's appreciated.

Posted

i would guess that (if related) the country termina must be on the other side of the bay ^_^

Posted

Extraordinarily impressive!